PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars 2 on Xbox one X

tomsku28
03-10-2017, 16:42
Hi, has anyone seen/tried project cars 2 on an xbox one x build / preview version?

Have tried the game on ps4 pro with hdr and it looks nice.
But interrested in the xbox one version.

Is there difference enough to choose xbox one (x) version over ps4 pro?

Play on Samsung KS8005 (Europe version)

weerufus
03-10-2017, 16:49
interested to find out too, I've read a few snippets about improved frame rates & resolution but nothing specific & haven't seen anything about SMS actually having a 1X.

On paper the IX is certainly more powerful than PS4 pro so the game should look really good on the 1X....im hoping to wait until it comes out & see what reactions come up on this forum, BUT i can see myself preordering lol!!!

tomsku28
03-10-2017, 16:59
interested to find out too, I've read a few snippets about improved frame rates & resolution but nothing specific & haven't seen anything about SMS actually having a 1X.

On paper the IX is certainly more powerful than PS4 pro so the game should look really good on the 1X....im hoping to wait until it comes out & see what reactions come up on this forum, BUT i can see myself preordering lol!!!

Yes, I know.. SMS have not given much information other than higher resolution.. I already own pcars2 on ps4 but changed my G29 (ps4) wheel to G920 because of Forza 7.. So now I need to buy pcars2 on xbox as well so I can play it like it's ment to, with a wheel 😊

Moonfast
03-10-2017, 17:25
I’m curious to, especially since I have pre-ordered it :chuncky:

rpstar
03-10-2017, 18:50
Iím curious to, especially since I have pre-ordered it :chuncky:

I personally think it will make a big improvement. I can't say that it will be super noticeable compared to PS4 PRO but One X is definitely one very nice piece of hardware. I was considering making the move to 4k on a PC but given the cost of an X is equal to the cost of the needed video card alone on PC I figured better to go the X route for next year or so when video cards able to do quality 4k come down in price.

Plus there is some hope Msoft will release a VR platform for the X (it's powerful enough) at some point and Pcars would hopefully support it. Given that any VR platform for the X would likely be PC compatible also you are not wasting your money by buying it if you decide to move to PC (unlike the PS4 VR rig). Meanwhile PS4 has VR (not sure if Pcars supports it) but it sucks as the PS4 PRO I don't believe has the power to do quality VR so Sony created an inferior result. From what I've seen of it is too low res to not be irritating to use. VR seems to be one of those things that if you do it, you better do it right or not at all and seems like the X is the only current console you can hope will be able to handle it. Other than that you have to move to a PC.

Anyways, game looks great as is but at 4k it's stellar (see youtube vids of 4k Pcars2) so to me it's worth the $500 even if in a year I move to PC.

PervasiveFall8
04-10-2017, 01:28
I’ve not decided yet. Go PC or go Xbox x. Since Forza seems to be going down hill, I stopped playing halo - not a whole lot holding me to platform- if I go PC then other sims open up. If it can handle PCARS 2 or offer VR. I might consider it - but at this stage I’m pretty leary: and I will have to know it’s all good before getting

Aldo Zampatti
04-10-2017, 01:41
Is a matter of money, on PC you'll spend quite a lot of money, compared. Both will have pro's and cons

Rockefelluh
04-10-2017, 02:54
I’ve not decided yet. Go PC or go Xbox x. Since Forza seems to be going down hill, I stopped playing halo - not a whole lot holding me to platform- if I go PC then other sims open up. If it can handle PCARS 2 or offer VR. I might consider it - but at this stage I’m pretty leary: and I will have to know it’s all good before getting

Is a matter of money, on PC you'll spend quite a lot of money, compared. Both will have pro's and cons

Yup. If you want the best experience on this game you go PC. But I enjoy the plug and play nature of consoles, easy to setup, good media center. While I would love a dedicated high end PC, just doesn't make sense for me. So I get to watch with googly eyes when I see PC 4k videos.

TKMSte66
04-10-2017, 10:57
Might be a silly question but............If I did buy an xbox one x would a get to download pcars 2 for free as I already have the xbox one version? Its not like its a different format or a huge difference like the 360 to the one was.......

weerufus
04-10-2017, 11:12
Might be a silly question but............If I did buy an xbox one x would a get to download pcars 2 for free as I already have the xbox one version? Its not like its a different format or a huge difference like the 360 to the one was.......

I'm sure i read you can as ill be in the same boat, certainly could with physical disc so don't see why any different, don't know if you would have to delete off old console 1st as obviously with physical disc you can play on different consoles, but not at the same time.

TKMSte66
04-10-2017, 11:48
I'm sure i read you can as ill be in the same boat, certainly could with physical disc so don't see why any different, don't know if you would have to delete off old console 1st as obviously with physical disc you can play on different consoles, but not at the same time.

Yes I have digital download. I would hope so. Be a bit unfair if not.

BigFred
04-10-2017, 12:08

XB1X is approx. 4x more powerful than the X1 and 1.4x than PS4 pro in graphics. Since both PS4 and XB1 falls short on 1080p and 60fps locked on PCars 1 (XB1 by some way, in fact IIRC it's 900p and doesn't achieve a 60fps lock) a simple (and somewhat naive) calculation suggests that neither the XB1X or the PS4 pro will achieve native 4K @ 60fps locked for Pcars 2, with the PS4 pro being well down (in fact most PS4 pro games in 4K are not native 4K but use some compromises like checkerboarding). However both should have more than enough power to get 1080p 60fps locked, which was pretty much achievable on PS4.

I hope that SMS implement some sort of dynamic scaling that allows a locked 60fps experience but reduces the resolution. XB1X should be capable of say 1500p locked at 60 fps, which would be my preference over a non locked 4K experience.

Goooner1
04-10-2017, 13:36
The games are the same, so yes, you would be able to play it on the X, there will be patches to download for the enhanced bits on X games.

Rockefelluh
04-10-2017, 14:45

You have the license to that game which is tied to your Microsoft account. You can download the game on any Xbox one or one x system. At a buddys house, or your new Xbox it doesn't matter.