PDA

View Full Version : There is a lot of waiting to race on PC2

cb_racer
03-10-2017, 18:06
One thing that is worst on PC2 than PC1 is the waiting for a race to start.

I like the extra time on Quali to let you finish your lap, that works great.

After that I have two problems:

1. A lot of times the race do not start after showing the Qualifying results screen. I do not know if the host has to manually press continue or if its a bug. This is very frustrating after a 20 min Quali the race do not start. You can see that the game is not frozen since you can hear people in the lobby. And when the game does progress to the start race screen, sometimes it takes a long time for that to happen;

2. which leads us to the next problem, the race start screen. Does it have a set time limit for the race to start if not everyone press READY? We spend a lot of time on this screen. In my opinion, if you want this extra step before the race starts, set it to 30 sec or show the countdown clock so we have an idea whats going on.

By the way, love the game, great physics.

Lord_Flexington
03-10-2017, 18:20
Add in menu screen lag and the absurd amount of time i have to wait to access a saved setup i firmly believe that in the week or so i have played the game i have logged more "wait" time then actually pedal to floor time

FlyinJake
04-10-2017, 11:04
Add in menu screen lag and the absurd amount of time i have to wait to access a saved setup i firmly believe that in the week or so i have played the game i have logged more "wait" time then actually pedal to floor time

This is a known bug which can be solved:
On your PS4, go to [Settings] > [Application Saved Data Management] > [Delete] > Project CARS 2. Choose everything you want to delete.
I left my profile, career and one car setup, deleted the rest and now the game is running smooth again.

loslogo
04-10-2017, 11:43
The game is barely playable and deleting setups just means you're no longer competitive.

JohnSchoonsBeard
04-10-2017, 22:13
The game is barely playable and deleting setups just means you're no longer competitive.

If they're the wrong setups saved against the wrong car though the defaults will be better. So it is worth doing. Default setups can still be fairly competitive while we wait for a fix.