PDA

View Full Version : Career lap times vs private testing mode lap times

Lewy
03-10-2017, 19:11
Firstly I apologise if this is already a known issue but I couldnít find anything.
Ive noticed that all my lap times in career mode are 20+ secs slower than in private testing and time trial.
After 10-15 mins qualifying on various tracks in career, Iíve then gone into private testing with the Same car, same setup, fuel, track and same weather etc, and immediately on the first timed lap Iíve been 20-30 secs faster than I was in the career mode qualifying.
This was the same on the 15 or so tracks Ive tested over the last couple of days.
Is anyone else on Xbox one experiencing this?
Iíve even reinstalled the game today but that didnít help.

DozUK
03-10-2017, 19:19
30 seconds quicker...thats a big difference

Lewy
03-10-2017, 19:40
That’s what I thought.
I’ve had to lower the difficulty on the career qualifying a hell of a lot then put it higher for the actual races otherwise I end up lapping the AI.
The last one I tried was the Ferrari 488 GT3 on Spa, career qualifying best was 2:51.523
Private testing first lap - 2:22.450.

Juiced46
03-10-2017, 20:05
Check your settings for the car and see if you have the restrictor or boost pressure lower in career vs private. 30 seconds is ALOT and you will most definitely notice the car being a pig while driving in career vs private.

I will give this a shot tomorrow and see.

Gix916
03-10-2017, 20:47
how many AI are there in the race? PCars1 used to do this, the more AI the slower your laptimes. So when you are on your own in timetrial or private testing you go faster.

Lewy
03-10-2017, 21:08
Ok thanks.
Yeah that was one the first things I checked, the boost, aero, radiator etc because the car felt really sluggish.

PervasiveFall8
03-10-2017, 21:11
I only noticed on my Indy car setups that i worked on in TT. I can do 39.5 to 39.7 laps with P2P and 40.6-41.2 not drafting totally by myself on the track with set up - I worked it up especially for the Indy 500, and the same setting ended up being 51sec laps. I was pretty upset, I spent a decent amount of time working on reducing my 200 laps, time frame. 10 seconds is 33minutes extra driving.

I looked at boost, I dont know what the deal was/ is but I'm fairly certain that the two set ups were identical, because I had to manually enter in as the set up wouldn't load.
Given what is happening due to the number of AI causing the wobble and handling issues, what Gix916 is suggesting makes sense.

Dynomight Motorsports
04-10-2017, 00:19
There was a previous issue with PC1 where at Spa with more than 20 cars it was literally taking an extra 20 seconds because the graphics or processor couldn't handle the graphics. Google it, there are YouTube videos on this on Project Cars 1.

LukeC1991
04-10-2017, 09:30
I’ve had similar problems at Indy when having a full grid I was 10 seconds slower (a hell of a lot for an oval). Also at Silverstone in Formula C in career, lap times were fine and then on my last lap in qualifying I was suddenly 15 seconds slower. On my delta I was losing about 2 seconds down each straight and I definitely didn’t have any mechanical failures. At Indy I think it had sometime to do with how horrendous the frame rate was, but the Silverstone one I am still bemused as to what caused it.

Chimildo
04-10-2017, 18:00
I was in a online race last night on spa GT3 (I know it's unusual combo) I was lapping 2.15ish then that race finished, host left but others joined and they just left the same combo on, I didn't really want to do it again but I thought that I had eventually gotten into a lobby I should just stay. I was same car did a flying lap of around the same time then on the next flying lap the delta was saying 17 seconds quicker, I wasn't going any quicker and I ended off with something like a 1.55

RC-5PO
04-10-2017, 18:05
Ok thanks.
Yeah that was one the first things I checked, the boost, aero, radiator etc because the car felt really sluggish.

Did you check the fuel levels?

Lewy
04-10-2017, 18:06
Did you check the fuel levels?
Yeah and also made sure it was the same amount of fuel

HLR Toffo
04-10-2017, 18:26
I was in a online race last night on spa GT3 (I know it's unusual combo) I was lapping 2.15ish then that race finished, host left but others joined and they just left the same combo on, I didn't really want to do it again but I thought that I had eventually gotten into a lobby I should just stay. I was same car did a flying lap of around the same time then on the next flying lap the delta was saying 17 seconds quicker, I wasn't going any quicker and I ended off with something like a 1.55

1.55 in a GT 3 is impossible. Was that your final lap time?

HLR Toffo
04-10-2017, 18:29
Im finding the lap times slower in career. Does the game simulate a green track? And if so, why aren't the AI affected?

Chimildo
05-10-2017, 00:22
That's exactly what I thought, and I'm not very good, below average. I've had a few bugs on spa but that was the best one

Thought I was quoting toffo about lap time being impossible

dreampage
05-10-2017, 08:55
This is caused by two things which are connected. Firstly, when there are a lot of cars in a session the framerate suffers. So much so that basically everything slows down, including physics simulation too, I guess. I'm sure there's a lot of lost speed there, while obviously time measurement stays the same. The second is connected to the slowdown, it affects car handling. I noticed that in private test every car is much more driveable than in career. Everything is smoother, more stable etc. So you can simply be faster in a private test because you get adequate performance from the game. The graphics/physics slowdown and the affected handling together make us much slower in career sadly.

HLR Toffo
05-10-2017, 20:35
This is caused by two things which are connected. Firstly, when there are a lot of cars in a session the framerate suffers. So much so that basically everything slows down, including physics simulation too, I guess. I'm sure there's a lot of lost speed there, while obviously time measurement stays the same. The second is connected to the slowdown, it affects car handling. I noticed that in private test every car is much more driveable than in career. Everything is smoother, more stable etc. So you can simply be faster in a private test because you get adequate performance from the game. The graphics/physics slowdown and the affected handling together make us much slower in career sadly.

I agree. In private test the cars drive great.

I really think they need to fix the issue asap. Most new people start with career, most casuals only play career. They will think the handling is poor based on this, complain and then never play it again.

You only get one chance to make a good first impression.

Rockefelluh
08-10-2017, 01:56
Do this and you will understand exactly why this is. Run private testing on the Indy oval with an Indy car.

Then load a custom race with full grid and see the difference in sense of speed. IT IS MIND BLOWING. Baffled this is the state of release.

Edit: lap time in private test 00:41.xxx. In race 00:58.xxx