PDA

View Full Version : Lag spikes are killing the Multiplayer !

porkovich
03-10-2017, 21:14
Dear devs, as much as i am patient with all the problems the game faces at launch i just cannot cope how the very same problems i have in PC1 on the console are not been, even slightly adressed with the second game. The Lag spikes are so severe when qualifing in MP that from 15 mins you have more than 10 where the game is unplayable. You are willing to be an eSport game, but wtf? There are delays with up to 2 seconds, how can you drive on the edge and suddenly the game stops ?? There are even momemts where the actual race is also lagging...
I can wait for a patch to fix graphical bugs, menu problems, even FFB related things, but if i cannot play at least consistent MP, where is the point... and the fun in this game?

Just for the record, my connection is always at full green bars...

PHfactor88
03-10-2017, 23:19
I would have to agree with you completely! I’m using an eithernet to my PS4 pro, but still getting a ton of lag for inconsistent durations... sometimes once, sometimes for half the session.

maxx69
03-10-2017, 23:55
Yep , everytime someone joins or leaves the lag is terrible.
Trying to get a lap in during qualifying is almost impossible
It was never this bad in pcars one , that was just when someone joined .

ziggo
04-10-2017, 04:20
This was the most talked about problem in the first game and was even addressed as being a problem that would require a new engine.. PC2 was said to be made from the ground up and it has this same problem but even worse. Wtf man?

ZenRazo
04-10-2017, 09:10
I tend to agree. The lag spikes occur when anyone enters or leaves. It's virtually impossible to get a clean lap in some MP games. What's just as bad is that it happens in the race when you get people rage quitting and leaving. This ultimately has a snowball effect as others are involved in some kind of lag spike induced incident that leads to them rage quitting too. Before too long you realise that a grid of 12-16 cars has now been reduced to 2 or 3 cars. And it's only Lap 3.
I think this should be put in the PRIORITY 1 basket ASAP as it IS having a detrimental effective in MP lobbies!

Martini Da Gasalini
04-10-2017, 12:57
Agree, matter of fact last night i encountered a new MP issue where cars remained frozen in time on the track, at first i thought people were trolling but as laps went on it was evident that people were gone and the cars remained

porkovich
04-10-2017, 14:10
Agree, matter of fact last night i encountered a new MP issue where cars remained frozen in time on the track, at first i thought people were trolling but as laps went on it was evident that people were gone and the cars remained

This happened to me, several times, different races, different tracks. The cars are there, but i think they are no obstacle and you can drive trough them. Sure it's bugged.

Lord_Flexington
04-10-2017, 14:41

wow! i thought it was just me! Yes that is a new one. I didn't dare try and drive through it. That would seem to be suicide.

mass control
04-10-2017, 16:58
Agree is so bad whats the point to doing qualifing in MP when the Lag spikes this bad.Pc1 it was bad on this and pc2 even badder.
Notice can 7,8 in a row of jumps when does happen.

PHfactor88
04-10-2017, 17:25
Before too long you realise that a grid of 12-16 cars has now been reduced to 2 or 3 cars. And it's only Lap 3.

That has always been a gripe from me... I hate it when I stick out a race with damage and finish in say 4th, but note it’s 4of5 instead of 4of13. I’m sure it doesn’t really mean anything, but dang it I beat 9 people not just 1!

goonerjon777
05-10-2017, 08:33
Yep , everytime someone joins or leaves the lag is terrible.
Trying to get a lap in during qualifying is almost impossible
It was never this bad in pcars one , that was just when someone joined .

The worse thing is they couldn't fix this issue in PC1 despite all the patches.
I hope it is fixable on this version, but for a major flaw in the first game that has not been corrected in the new version, the signs look very ominous.

quik-R
05-10-2017, 13:00
I have to agree too, the lag spikes are unacceptable and much worse than PC1.

1-2milliseconds I can deal with, but not 0.780 1.201 and 1.449 seconds is waayy too long and I've crashed due to the lag recently and seems to be getting worse! :(

Djuvinile
05-10-2017, 13:11
I dont like to complain, but yes this is in fact the biggest issue on PS4 for me. once someone joins or leaves during a fast qualifying lap its the most horrible thing.. simply because all input lags as well, sending u into walls at top speed when youre unlucky. as others mentioned im a bit skeptic about a fix for this as well (looking back at PC1). but the issue has become (a lot) bigger. In pc1 i didnt lose control of the car during lag, at least not as much as now. im very curious if any of the devs can say something about a possible fix on this.

zr1chris
05-10-2017, 18:08
Yes this is a huge issue. One of my main gripes with the online portion of the game. It can totally ruin your best lap. I just don't understand why it lags so much for 1 connect or disconnect. It seems like 2-3 seconds of stuttering. Always seems to happen when approaching a corner.

Lord_Flexington
05-10-2017, 19:16
I truly believe there is no chance they didn't notice these lag issues during testing. No way, its like they just said fuck it. I kinda want to know what was fixed before release.

MillsLayne
05-10-2017, 23:30
The lag hiccups always seem to occur when I'm on my flying lap in qualy. haha

Blindside92
06-10-2017, 04:14
Agreed.

wyldanimal
06-10-2017, 05:41
The lag hiccups always seem to occur when I'm on my flying lap in qualy. haha

and right in the middle of a turn, or when you need to brake.

porkovich
06-10-2017, 09:38
Will a dev / moderator comment on the topic. I am pissed that in the resent years, all games i play are unfinished and i must play the role of a beta tester and hope for the best as a player. If this is not fixed, than the game looses it's point. I hear that the MP is not on servers, but rather a P2P connection. So you don't get a dedicated machine to sort out traffic ?

Siberian Tiger
06-10-2017, 09:54
I can only speak for PC Side, there the LAG Spikes during Connection are minimal. (Still there but minimal)
I think on Console it might be more noticable because there is also the Voice/Partychat and Xbox/PS4 specific things to load.

I assume that there will be Optimisations, but i can't say when or how much. I will forward it to the Devs...

Djuvinile
06-10-2017, 12:51
I truly believe there is no chance they didn't notice these lag issues during testing. No way, its like they just said fuck it. I kinda want to know what was fixed before release.

before making such statements, please read some more info on the forum about this. the console version was tested by third party and not bij WMD/SMS devs (correct me if i'm wrong) so they couldnt do any fixes before launch. which is a reasonable explanation to me as its not a 1st party like Sony/Microsoft bringing this game.. but for comparrison, just read Forza's Fb page or codemaster F1 forum.. both full of bugs in the 1st week..

Loopdreams
06-10-2017, 13:37
I hope they can fix it because right now it's fairly hopeless. I've totally given up on multiplayer until they do. I know all games have bugs and I know that as games get bigger so the chance of them arising increases exponentially. I'm generally understanding of this, normally when people are complaining loudly about some game that has a lot of bugs I play it anyway and I might see a few glitches but come away thinking that they're just being nitpicky and I don't let it spoil my fun.

But I can't honestly say the same of this title. So many of the fundamental aspects of the game are just really, really broken right now that it becomes harder and harder to continue to overlook the problems and enjoy what is a really good game under there. Any sense of immersion is constantly being broken, it really is just an unholy mess.

However they chose to do their testing of the console version is really not any concern of mine and nor should it be.

porkovich
06-10-2017, 14:06
I am actually very patient about patches, because there are no other choices :) but am not sympathizing when you need to make a product and you are not delivering a fully working one. In many other businesses you will be sacked for not doing your job and this will be very bad for the Firm and your Name. Somehow with the game industries we all need to be really careful and very patient , because why ? The game is build around the idea that we are racing other players online, so this feature to be broken from day 1 (even in PC1) cannot be acceptable. You can have problems, mistakes and all, it's not that bad, but there are some fundamental errors here, that are just neglected.
It's not the problem that you buy the game, and looses money, the problem is with the one selling it in this state. Tested or not you are fully aware what is happening, where the issues are, what must be hidden from the customers and you go forth. After some patches we are going to see that this wont be fixed and will stay like this as with the first game.

Lord_Flexington
06-10-2017, 15:22
before making such statements, please read some more info on the forum about this. the console version was tested by third party and not bij WMD/SMS devs (correct me if i'm wrong) so they couldnt do any fixes before launch. which is a reasonable explanation to me as its not a 1st party like Sony/Microsoft bringing this game.. but for comparrison, just read Forza's Fb page or codemaster F1 forum.. both full of bugs in the 1st week.. Doesn't really make a difference to me as a end user. Sure I could direct blame to whatever this 3rd party testing company was, but at the end of the day it was still released and its an issue. Somewhere along the line I have to assume someone said "yea we will fix it later, push it"

I hope they can fix it because right now it's fairly hopeless. I've totally given up on multiplayer until they do. I know all games have bugs and I know that as games get bigger so the chance of them arising increases exponentially. I'm generally understanding of this, normally when people are complaining loudly about some game that has a lot of bugs I play it anyway and I might see a few glitches but come away thinking that they're just being nitpicky and I don't let it spoil my fun.

But I can't honestly say the same of this title. So many of the fundamental aspects of the game are just really, really broken right now that it becomes harder and harder to continue to overlook the problems and enjoy what is a really good game under there. Any sense of immersion is constantly being broken, it really is just an unholy mess.

However they chose to do their testing of the console version is really not any concern of mine and nor should it be. Yep, thats how I view it, Im here to compete against other persons who love racing. Right now I cannot do it. Seriously fundamental parts of the game don't work.

I am actually very patient about patches, because there are no other choices :) but am not sympathizing when you need to make a product and you are not delivering a fully working one. In many other businesses you will be sacked for not doing your job and this will be very bad for the Firm and your Name. Somehow with the game industries we all need to be really careful and very patient , because why ? The game is build around the idea that we are racing other players online, so this feature to be broken from day 1 (even in PC1) cannot be acceptable. You can have problems, mistakes and all, it's not that bad, but there are some fundamental errors here, that are just neglected.
It's not the problem that you buy the game, and looses money, the problem is with the one selling it in this state. Tested or not you are fully aware what is happening, where the issues are, what must be hidden from the customers and you go forth. After some patches we are going to see that this wont be fixed and will stay like this as with the first game.
I desperately hope your last bit is un true, I actually stopped playing PC1 about a month before pc2 came out. I was just so tired of certain aspects of that game it became to cumbersome to setup the rig and lose 2 hours or so dicking around trying to find a decent lobby.

WarmRed
07-10-2017, 15:59
The Lags are really bad

jdmnsprd
08-10-2017, 04:58
Agreed if this doesnt get fixed soon GT sport will win over many people since that game will be always online so I know they will have good servers

porkovich
08-10-2017, 08:00
Agreed if this doesnt get fixed soon GT sport will win over many people since that game will be always online so I know they will have good servers

I have played the 2/3 month long closed beta and they were updating the beta several times. So the experience was smooth for the player, there were some jerky cars around you, but the driving experience was smooth. This is the problem with the P2P connection. You make a race, with all cars available in the class - and when one connects, and the car is not loaded and with the same skin, the game loads it for everyone and you get Lag. With Assetto Corsa, you can have a race with predetermined cars, on a list. The entire list gets loaded, so going in does not result in much of a Lag Spike. P2P is cheap, but it's a no go in eSport games .....