PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G920 configuration and FFB settings discussion

capt nasties
03-10-2017, 23:24
Hey everyone,
I want to have a positive discussion regarding what settings everyone is using for their G920. I am enjoying the PC2 experience and do not seem plagued by any of the G920 issues that I have read about so I figured I would share. I would also be curious to see what everyone that has a satisfying set up is running as I am definitely new to these FFB options. You can save any negativity for another thread there seems to be plenty of that here already.

Calibration:
Steering Deadzone 1
Steering Sensitivity 75
Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 50
Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sensitivity 50 (with a well broken in G920 brake pedal)
Clutch Deadzone 0
Clutch Sensitivity 70
Speed Sensitivity 50
Damper Saturation 15

Force Feedback:
Flavor: Informative
Gain 75
Volume 55
Tone 75
FX 50
Menu Spring Strength 0 (not that it matters)

rice_classic
03-10-2017, 23:35
I wonder if steering deadzone 1 has a lot to with it. If I applied just your FFB settings, ignoring the calibration portion, it would be not be a good setup with gain/volume/tone all that high.

capt nasties
03-10-2017, 23:47
I wonder if steering deadzone 1 has a lot to with it. If I applied just your FFB settings, ignoring the calibration portion, it would be not be a good setup with gain/volume/tone all that high.

if i was searching for more feeling from side movement and the limit of adhesion rather than road surface what would you recommend changing?

I suspect the gain and volume settings are high due to the relatively weak motor in the G920, what wheel are you on.

AshleyM
04-10-2017, 09:57
Hey everyone,
I want to have a positive discussion regarding what settings everyone is using for their G920. I am enjoying the PC2 experience and do not seem plagued by any of the G920 issues that I have read about so I figured I would share. I would also be curious to see what everyone that has a satisfying set up is running as I am definitely new to these FFB options. You can save any negativity for another thread there seems to be plenty of that here already.

Calibration:
Steering Deadzone 1
Steering Sensitivity 75
Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 50
Brake Deadzone 0
Clutch Deadzone 0
Clutch Sensitivity 70
Speed Sensitivity 50
Damper Saturation 15

Force Feedback:
Gain 75
Volume 55
Tone 75
FX 50

I've tried every conceivable setting for the Logitec G920 on the Xbox 1, but all to no avail. The wheel just rocks back and forth (mostly on straights), but is completely unplayable. I am aware that the devs are working on rectifying this problem but does anyone have a timescale on this fix? I recently received a refund for the game but I'd have no problems in repurchasing the game if the G920 FFB was fixed.

capt nasties
04-10-2017, 13:40
I've tried every conceivable setting for the Logitec G920 on the Xbox 1, but all to no avail. The wheel just rocks back and forth (mostly on straights), but is completely unplayable. I am aware that the devs are working on rectifying this problem but does anyone have a timescale on this fix? I recently received a refund for the game but I'd have no problems in repurchasing the game if the G920 FFB was fixed.

I play with about half a dozen people with g920s and none of us have that issue. Was your firmware up to date? Did you try a steering dead zone of 1?

AshleyM
04-10-2017, 14:13
I play with about half a dozen people with g920s and none of us have that issue. Was your firmware up to date? Did you try a steering dead zone of 1?

There are many examples on you tube and elsewhere that highlight this G920 problem on Xbox1. Also, as far as I know there isn't anyway to upgrade firmware on the xbox platform if it isn't presented to you in a regular xbox system update! The problem I had was very real and very annoying (wheel would move left and right all by itself, and if you took your hands off the wheel while racing on the straight, you would almost certainly end up running uncontrollably off the track or into the nearest wall).

capt nasties
04-10-2017, 14:16
There are many examples on you tube and elsewhere that highlight this G920 problem on Xbox1. Also, as far as I know there isn't anyway to upgrade firmware on the xbox platform if it isn't presented to you in a regular xbox system update! The problem I had was very real and very annoying (wheel would move left and right all by itself, and if you took your hands off the wheel while racing on the straight, you would almost certainly end up running uncontrollably off the track or into the nearest wall).

There is a way to update the firmware on a g920 but you need to connect it to a computer. Give it a Google, it only tales a few minutes.

Did you try the steering deadzone?

AshleyM
04-10-2017, 14:32
There is a way to update the firmware on a g920 but you need to connect it to a computer. Give it a Google, it only tales a few minutes.

Did you try the steering deadzone?

Thanks for the firmware tip, it's appreciated. I spent many long hours trying multiple settings before I obtained a refund and yes, deadzone variations were tried but nothing worked. I won't repurchase the game (even though I had a lot of fun with PC1) until the problem is fixed. I own many racing sims and have had no problems with the G920 on any other game. Hopefully, it'll be patched sometime soon. Hope you're enjoying PC2?

capt nasties
04-10-2017, 14:42
that's a bummer... Id definitely recommend updating the firm ware as it has fixes for most XB1 games.

But hopefully SMS release a patch that fixes it for those people who continue to have a problem.

I think PC2 is the best SIM going on XB1 currently. I do prefer the tire sounds, feeling and physics of assetto corsa. But it is pretty buggy, there is no online community, and it lacks content. So right now PC2 is where it is at.

AshleyM
04-10-2017, 14:46
that's a bummer... Id definitely recommend updating the firm ware as it has fixes for most XB1 games.

But hopefully SMS release a patch that fixes it for those people who continue to have a problem.

I think PC2 is the best SIM going on XB1 currently. I do prefer the tire sounds, feeling and physics of assetto corsa. But it is pretty buggy, there is no online community, and it lacks content. So right now PC2 is where it is at.

I agree with you, it's definitely the best and I'm seriously contemplating a repurchase after I upgrade the wheels firmware...i want to be a part of the racing fun...many thanks for your assistance, i wish you well.

pd555
04-10-2017, 20:08
My Logitech G920 is up to date. The games pretty unplayable except where Steering Deadzone is 1 and Gain 35. Even then it still shakes a bit. Put Gain to 40 and the problem starts.

I want to be able to experiment with settings etc but there's no point until it's fixed. I keep spinning and I it could well be the wheel at fault.

Probably I will seek a refund which is a shame

capt nasties
04-10-2017, 21:21
Did you try the settings I posted? I don't have the shaking unless the road surface warrants it. As for spinning, it's a SIM some cars are tough to drive, but some are very forgiving. What are you driving?

L4velle
07-10-2017, 08:52
Excellent settings for the G920. Thanks for sharing

T Ghost
07-10-2017, 15:03

What xbox model are you playing, original or S? You seriously have NO wobling left-right when driving straight from stop without holding the wheel?

Gysepy
07-10-2017, 15:41
Hey everyone,

Calibration:
Steering Deadzone 1
Steering Sensitivity 75
Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 50
Brake Deadzone 0
Clutch Deadzone 0
Clutch Sensitivity 70
Speed Sensitivity 50
Damper Saturation 15

Force Feedback:
Gain 75
Volume 55
Tone 75
FX 50

Did not work for me i'm afraid, G920 is at Firmware 96.3.49 which is the latest. Wheel rocking form side to side like crazy even with the car at a stand still. Either you and your 12 friends are really lucky or something very strange is up indeed.

Can you select a track, car, and weather settings that this issue does not happen for you and i will test it to compare?

HLR Toffo
07-10-2017, 22:47
The shaking is a bug of some kind. I just man uped on the wheel, now used to it.

One of the best things you could do is calibrate the wheel. Won't fix the shaking but the car feels spot on.

In the options calibrate the peddals then the wheel.

To calibrate the wheel properly. First go full left lock and press A. Then turn your wheel to the right till it reads 900 on the screen, then press A. You will find your wheel is exactly at 90 one you have done this.

I can also share my deadzone and ffb settings if anybody is interested.

z3r0cool77
08-10-2017, 03:42
Just posted this in another thread, there seem to be more than one issue. Normal awkwardness of FFB w g920 and then the insane wackiness of it with more than 16 cars on grid. I'd heard it mentioned but hadn't tried it till the other night and it's a huge difference. Normally settings for ffb can be tuned to feel decent on my 920 but once there are more than 16 cars the wheel goes pyscho. Huge deadzone and jerking all over the place. Very different effects. Perhaps the >16 cars situation is just massively amplifying the same bug but there's a massive difference between the two situations. With over 16 cars it's undrivable regardless of ffb settings.

capt nasties
08-10-2017, 14:28
What xbox model are you playing, original or S? You seriously have NO wobling left-right when driving straight from stop without holding the wheel?

I actually never. Noticed it until I read your post. my wheel does gently rock from about 11 to 1 o clock position before the race or when driving super slow if I do not have a hand on it. But it is very gentle and does not feel like it's doing damage.....coming from someone who is on their 3rd g920 in 2 years...

capt nasties
08-10-2017, 14:30
The shaking is a bug of some kind. I just man uped on the wheel, now used to it.

One of the best things you could do is calibrate the wheel. Won't fix the shaking but the car feels spot on.

In the options calibrate the peddals then the wheel.

To calibrate the wheel properly. First go full left lock and press A. Then turn your wheel to the right till it reads 900 on the screen, then press A. You will find your wheel is exactly at 90 one you have done this.

I can also share my deadzone and ffb settings if anybody is interested.

Please share your settings, that is the intent of this thread.

Mowzer
08-10-2017, 14:58
Hey everyone,

Calibration:
Steering Deadzone 1
Steering Sensitivity 75
Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 50
Brake Deadzone 0
Clutch Deadzone 0
Clutch Sensitivity 70
Speed Sensitivity 50
Damper Saturation 15

Force Feedback:
Gain 75
Volume 55
Tone 75
FX 50

A thousand thanks I've been struggling with my G920 sinse release and your setting have almost got rid of the issue ;).