PDA

View Full Version : Donnington Formula Rookie In the Wet

Jebstone
04-10-2017, 03:49
Anyone doing the British leg of Formula Rookie will know that Donnington is always a wet FP. Thanks to that god awful scripted weather BS SMS crams down our throat. Fine whatever, no big deal, I'll just have to put up with these ridiculous features in a full price game in 2017.

But what is inexcusable is just how much grip there is in the wet. What is going on? Aside from the tires warming up perfectly with wet weathers on, you have unrelenting grip. You can keep your foot planted and carry an insane amount of speed through any corner. The final chicane? The AI takes it easy, you can blast through it like a straight in 2nd. You're beating the AI by a minimum of 3 seconds at 115 AI difficulty.

You go into Quali ready to steam your way to pole. Oh? Wait! What's this? The car is uncontrollable in the dry? It's now sliding everywhere and the tires struggle to heat up even at minimum pressures? You gotta thread the needle a bit more through the final chicane now? Free Practice didn't teach me this - it taught me my car setup was perfect and I had a never ending resource of grip! And now the AI is lapping 2 seconds faster than you.

Why does the Formula Rookie car perform flawlessly in the Wet? It's very frustrating to waste an entire free practice section not being able to learn your setup or car when your quali and race are in the dry, as the wet weather simulation is completely out of whack.

Zeem
04-10-2017, 05:42
Yeah, I noticed this as well. The car felt remarkably grippy in the rain and actually felt less grippy in the dry hah.

Sankyo
04-10-2017, 06:24
Anyone doing the British leg of Formula Rookie will know that Donnington is always a wet FP. Thanks to that god awful scripted weather BS SMS crams down our throat. Fine whatever, no big deal, I'll just have to put up with these ridiculous features in a full price game in 2017.

But what is inexcusable is just how much grip there is in the wet. What is going on? Aside from the tires warming up perfectly with wet weathers on, you have unrelenting grip. You can keep your foot planted and carry an insane amount of speed through any corner. The final chicane? The AI takes it easy, you can blast through it like a straight in 2nd. You're beating the AI by a minimum of 3 seconds at 115 AI difficulty.

You go into Quali ready to steam your way to pole. Oh? Wait! What's this? The car is uncontrollable in the dry? It's now sliding everywhere and the tires struggle to heat up even at minimum pressures? You gotta thread the needle a bit more through the final chicane now? Free Practice didn't teach me this - it taught me my car setup was perfect and I had a never ending resource of grip! And now the AI is lapping 2 seconds faster than you.

Why does the Formula Rookie car perform flawlessly in the Wet? It's very frustrating to waste an entire free practice section not being able to learn your setup or car when your quali and race are in the dry, as the wet weather simulation is completely out of whack.
FRookie slick tyre heating is a known issue, AI pace in the wet is also known, both will be fixed in the upcoming patch. Please watch your language and your attitude.