PDA

View Full Version : Object pop in. Cam we increase the draw distance ?

Bl00dyMary
23-09-2017, 12:24
Draw Distance is way too low.
Trackobjectives and also CarLod's are popping in and out...
With Graphic maxed out at 4k that looks very bad :(

Please fix this...

eracerhead
23-09-2017, 13:08
What is your Track Detail level set at...?

Bl00dyMary
23-09-2017, 13:09
like i wrote... graphic is maxed out... so track and cardetails are ultra

the low draw distance was also mentioned in other reviews...
like https://youtu.be/dlulyzifZ4g?t=811

AitchPattern
23-09-2017, 13:43
I have to agree here too.
I'm running everything maxed out on Ultra, plus super sampling DSR and I'm getting pop in, particularly on long straights you can see trees and assists popping in along the side of the tracks.

MaximusN
23-09-2017, 13:46
It would be nice to have draw distance separated from detail level. That way you can have either(good detail or no pop-in), or both if your card can handle it.

AitchPattern
23-09-2017, 13:49
It would be nice to have draw distance separated from detail level. That way you can have either(good detail or no pop-in), or both if your card can handle it.

Agreed.

Many games do this including "The Division" it has an object detail and a separate draw distance slider.
Both of which can Independently set.

In this case, I slightly reduce object detail to 80 and increase draw distance to 100 (that's higher than massives preset setting for ultra with bins 60/100) :)

longtings
04-10-2017, 06:39
This game suffers badly from draw distance issues which results in object pop in on just about every track. I have the track detail on ultra and everything else maxed out but there are still lots of objects, shadows, lights etc that pop into view as you approach them.

Is there any kind of .ini tweak that allows you to set an even further draw distance ? In sims such as iracing there is a setting called LodPCT that allows users to completely eliminate object pop in (at the cost of performance). It would be great if we could do this in pCars 2.

Object pop in distracts me and also breaks immersion, I don’t really know any other sims which suffer from it either. Even this years F1 game from codemasters has eliminated all draw distance issues.

Sankyo
04-10-2017, 06:45
I think that the problem is that not all objects' LOD distances were set properly. Increasing the overall LOD distances will have all the objects' LOD distances increased and hence give a significant performance hit, while what you really want is to fix the wrong LOD distances for the few objects that suffer from pop-in.

sherpa25
04-10-2017, 12:31
How do these 'pop-in' look like? Visible in VR too?

@Remco Van Dijk, how do you enable 'Stretched Headlights' (from your sig)? Thanks.

sherpa25
04-10-2017, 12:32
...(2ble post)...

shiftee
04-10-2017, 19:10
I feel the exact same way, I would gladly turn down other graphical settings to eliminate the pop in. I wish there was an ini file we had access to.

the pop in, tree shadow flicker, and AA are the 3 remaining issues messing with my lovely 4k driving experience. I hope some options/fixes eventually are added/patched...

BigDad
05-10-2017, 00:56
I dislike the way the cars get more detailed the closer they get to the player! Even with car details at Ultra you can see the cars basically transform from just a bland plain shape to a perfectly detailed car.

doneta
05-10-2017, 02:24
The poor draw distance and late pop-in is some of the worst I've seen in a long time. I thought this kind of issue in racing games was a thing of the past. Not so in Pcars2. Seriously needs fixing. I shouldn't be experiencing this with a 1080Ti in 2017.

Wolfzz
05-10-2017, 02:30
Yes the Popup's irritates me as well hope there is a fix soon

Andrew_WOT
05-10-2017, 02:53
I dislike the way the cars get more detailed the closer they get to the player! Even with car details at Ultra you can see the cars basically transform from just a bland plain shape to a perfectly detailed car.
Disabling MSAA and switching to Supersampling helps a bit, but don't expect a miracle.

longtings
12-10-2017, 17:27
Bump.

Why bother making a nice looking game and then not even bother to tidy up the rough edges such as object pop in ? It really ruins immersion and is very noticeable on just about every track. Overall it gives the title a feeling of lack of polish.

It’s 2017... object pop should be a non issue at this stage. Why does this game suffer so badly from it ? Just like the first one...

deluca_pabloj
12-10-2017, 17:55
The render frames setting do not change this symptom?
Itīs in advanced graphics, itīs a 1 to 4 selection item.

longtings
12-10-2017, 17:59
No, that has no relevance to draw distance or objects lod settings.

It’s not fixable by anyone but devs and even then it might just be that their game sucks at rendering... it’s awful when it comes to shadows as well.

Games generally pretty rough around the edges when it comes to image quality.

longtings
12-10-2017, 18:03
2017 and seemingly some devs still seem to think object pop in on every single track is acceptable

Sigh

whip
12-10-2017, 18:06
2017 and seemingly some devs still seem to think object pop in on every single track is acceptable

Sigh

consoles

Hellfiend
12-10-2017, 19:02
there is an option called camera near clip plane default is 0.04 try 0.01 i found it helped with the car details

koly
12-10-2017, 20:19
i confirm poping textures is annoying :)

longtings
18-10-2017, 13:08
Bump. Please let PC users have the option to completely eliminate object/texture pop in. We shouldn't have to pay the price for sacrifices made specifically for console users.

Either make 'ultra' track detail eliminate it or give as an option in an .ini file to fix it.

It looks awful and comes across as lazy, especially for a game made in 2017.

Wolfzz
18-10-2017, 13:24
I Agree so annoying we should have a choice as most people now days have a high end PC.

Globespy
19-11-2017, 06:42
Great to see that absolutely f@ck all was done about this, not even an acknowledgement.....oh wait, they have our money again so they can do it at their leisure....
;)

longtings
08-12-2017, 03:35
Bump. Please give PC users the option to eliminate object pop in altogether... either via a .ini setting or via an in game setting you can add... whatever is easier.

There really should be no object pop in in a modern game like this. iRacing, Assetto Corsa etc... none of them suffer with object pop in.

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 03:41
Great to see that absolutely f@ck all was done about this, not even an acknowledgement.....oh wait, they have our money again so they can do it at their leisure....
;)

Really?

N0body Of The Goat
08-12-2017, 05:32
I always thought it was odd that the objects that were popping in were things that appear to be little track-side objects that I would not expect to be very demanding and once I spot them popping in, I seem to become very aware of them (taking my focus away from driving the car with full concentration).

Things like the street light lamp tops (at Brannoch Brae after passing under the bridge for example), spectator vehicles(?) just to the side of the circuits etc.

Sometimes, if you use a car detail setting lower than "ultra," the LOD transformation as you close in on a car less than ~2 seconds ahead can be rather dramatic.

BigDad
08-12-2017, 07:44
I always thought it was odd that the objects that were popping in were things that appear to be little track-side objects that I would not expect to be very demanding and once I spot them popping in, I seem to become very aware of them (taking my focus away from driving the car with full concentration).

Things like the street light lamp tops (at Brannoch Brae after passing under the bridge for example), spectator vehicles(?) just to the side of the circuits etc.

Sometimes, if you use a car detail setting lower than "ultra," the LOD transformation as you close in on a car less than ~2 seconds ahead can be rather dramatic.

Light poles at RedBull ring just to add but there is popin at all tracks! Probably help me now with VR though.

Sankyo
08-12-2017, 09:52
I always thought it was odd that the objects that were popping in were things that appear to be little track-side objects that I would not expect to be very demanding ...
I could be wrong, but I don't think it has to do with performance (using LOD in general does, of course), but with errors in setting LOD distances for these objects as I already wrote here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54327-Object-pop-in-Cam-we-increase-the-draw-distance&p=1382638&viewfull=1#post1382638).

Savoy49
08-12-2017, 12:14
I agree with this topic being one of my biggest frustrations/disappointments with the game. I cant recall seeing this level of pop in or sudden draw quality change in any of the current crop of competitors in the market. If the competitors do have a similar issue they have figured out a better way to hide it. It comes across as unfinished, untested, and incomplete.