PDA

View Full Version : Unable to use Pcars 2 online...please help

TKMSte66
04-10-2017, 08:13
I'm having Major issues with Pcars 2 multiplayer connectivity. When the game first launched I was having very few issues with playing online in Some lobbies I was invited to but since then it seems 90% impossible for me to find a game in open lobbies.

Over the last week I have managed to play in about 2 lobbies.

My Nat settings are open and I have no issues with any other game. The thing is the problem is slightly different on each occasion which I will try to explain now in a list.

1 - I cant enter the lobby at all and it just keeps saying 'joining'

2 - It joins the lobby. I select start and I get the cars flying past sound but then the game hangs on that screen with the music still playing but the UI frozen. (quite common)

3- Joins lobby and game and goes to loading screen. Then refuses to load - (happened once)

4 - Loads game and then instantly boots me straight out back to the menu displaying the message of being disconnected from game.

5 - Loads game and its the end of a session ( I think) and shows a list of who is in the game but only gives me the option to exit session. I wait and then eventually I am sent straight back to the UI again and disconnected.

6 - Loads and its a race in progress. (this is fairly common and seems to be the only time the game loads and I see cars) If I wait for the race to end I then get sent back to lobby before the game eventually disconnects.

I am ripping my hair out with this and I would really appreciate some feedback from the devs if possible.

I used to have an issue in pcars1 where when I entered a lobby, my game would not 'sync' to the lobby and would leave the car from the previous game in the car selection box no matter what class was allowed. Eventually I would be diconnected if I didnt leave. I would then just select a different lobby and I was fine.
I also seemd to have invisible sessions if I was hosting.

Now most of you will say its my internet....maybe it is but this is a problem specific to Pcars games and NO others. Battlefield 1-4. Fine. F1 games are fine. Fifa is fine. in fact every other game I have ever owned is fine.

Basically I only want to race online so atm this game I spent £75 on is useless to me. :mad:

to add I managed to enter one online session which I ended up hosting by accident. Thats in in a whole evening.

Siberian Tiger
04-10-2017, 08:32
Sounds like a AV Software is interfering with the Connection...

What type of AnitVirus Software and or Firewall you have Installed on you Computer? Try to set exceptions for pCars2.

TKMSte66
04-10-2017, 08:36
Im on Xbox

Chimildo
04-10-2017, 08:53
Same issues here, most of the time it joins in race (even though it states it's in practice or quali) then sit and watch for 10 minutes then it usually disconnects. Out of maybe 10 races I join I get 1 that I can race in without disconnection, and my brother also on Xbox has the same problem

LukeC1991
04-10-2017, 08:59
Same problems here. I managed to complete only one online race so far. I thought I’d play some online whilst I wait for career deleting to be patched, but I can’t even play online :(

Siberian Tiger
04-10-2017, 09:14
Im on Xbox

Oh, sorry... Notice to me: "More Coffee!"

Ok, seems to be an Issue. I assume that you Guys don't have Problem with Online MP with other Games correct?

LukeC1991
04-10-2017, 09:16

Ok, seems to be an Issue. I assume that you Guys don't have Problem with Online MP with other Games correct?

Correct :)

XFR Spike
04-10-2017, 09:43
If you guys are struggling, we've an open public lobby this Friday night. Be a good place to test your connectivity to a private lobby perhaps?
See if the issue is with public MP or perhaps something local? You'd be welcome if you want to drop in for an hour anyway.

TKMSte66
04-10-2017, 10:14

Correct. Pcars 1 was the only game which game me multiple issues. They got better but never totally went.

TKMSte66
04-10-2017, 10:15
If you guys are struggling, we've an open public lobby this Friday night. Be a good place to test your connectivity to a private lobby perhaps?
See if the issue is with public MP or perhaps something local? You'd be welcome if you want to drop in for an hour anyway.

Thanx.

Anybody who wants to add and invite me to test and to have clean races (fingers crossed) just add me.

PLASTIKMAN66

odemode
04-10-2017, 12:26
Sounds like a AV Software is interfering with the Connection...

What type of AnitVirus Software and or Firewall you have Installed on you Computer? Try to set exceptions for pCars2.

This is a XBOX thread dude

Froggystomper
04-10-2017, 12:39
Haven't had a chance to play online yet. Does it still have that annoying as hell freeze every time someone new joins the lobby while you're driving?

Chimildo
04-10-2017, 14:16
Have you got any more information please spike?

Waynearms77
04-10-2017, 16:00
Your not alone. My problems mirror yours, it's disappointing to spend money on PC2 only to find the game is simply broken. In two weeks I've had about 6/7 races and it all ends up being frustrating making me moody. Nobody wants to waist time and unfortunately I online spend 10% of the time racing when PC2 is fired up.
Patch please asap. Also I've tried to get a refund but Microsoft were not having it.

mkstatto
04-10-2017, 16:29
I also had this issue, have only managed to enter one race so far, after about an hour of trying.

Rockefelluh
04-10-2017, 16:46
Haven't had a chance to play online yet. Does it still have that annoying as hell freeze every time someone new joins the lobby while you're driving?

Yes

Just Another Frog
04-10-2017, 17:15
Thanx.

Anybody who wants to add and invite me to test and to have clean races (fingers crossed) just add me.

PLASTIKMAN66

Added. I've just reinstalled PC2 and will be resurrecting a FC lobby which you - or indeed anyone else - are more than welcome to join. All assists are allowed (we're not elitist racers lol) and all I ask anyone who joins is to respect the difference between aggressive and reckless. The lobby runs most nights from around 8pm (UK).
Unfortunately I 've just bought a new controller which has the new jack input so until Mr Amazon delivers me a new mic I will be racing in silence - but feel free to chat amongst yourselves.

My gt: Boris The Frog

Tonymeister
04-10-2017, 21:29
Also been having the same online issues. Lobbies won't load, it hangs on 'Joining', it loads and kicks me straight out... all sorts of errors. I probably get success one in eight.

Lobbies that say they're in practice or qualifying are often actually racing, so I go through the rigmarole of going through these bugs and finally joining a game only to discover that they're already racing and I can only spectate. Quit back to the main multiplayer screen and it still says they're in qualifying with 16 minutes to go.

I'm really frustrated at the PC2 experience. For hot-lapping on your own, it's a dream... but that's hardly the main point of the game. I pre-ordered, waited so excitedly for the release, and in private testing the cars feel fantastic - better FFB, better brake response and easier to drive cars on the limit compared to PC1 (which I put somewhere around 180 hours into). But get into racing and it's a nightmare. Frame rate drops, inconsistent rules (I got a drive-through for jumping the start once; I dutifully served it, but the game failed to recognise it and I got DQ on the last lap of a 15-minute race), even some cars that simply won't drive in a straight line when the AI clearly have no problem in the same car/conditions.

The online is the worst situation of all. It's so laggy, and the frame rate drops so much, that it's undriveable - and then my racing license points drop like a stone because I can't complete races. I'm a clean racer - I pride myself on it. I want nothing more than wheel-to-wheel action with respect for each other and the faster competitor wins. But it's completely impossible. Tonight is another night I've quit PC2 early, got out of the rig and had to calm myself down due to insane frustration.

Apologies for the rant. But I hope someone from SMS/WMD and the rest see this. I've been one of your biggest supporters from day one and I feel completely let down.

r_outsider
05-10-2017, 01:57
This all sounds very much like a problem that plagues FM6 to this day on XB1. Try a hard reset of your console before going online. Or, clear the alternate MAC address and reboot. Might be worth a try. Two things I've figured out about XBox One-isms-Hard resets are your friend, and away, ALWAYS!!! exit the game fully before you shut down.

TKMSte66
05-10-2017, 08:38
##UPDATE##

So playing with friends last night gave much better results. About 6 races and 'only' 2 crashes. Both in the first race where it hangs on the lobby screen. Then a disconnect later on in a different race but able to rejoin. Not sure if this has anything to do with receiving an invite or not.

Anyway. I actually reinstalled the game and deleted my local game save, plus reset my router beforehand. Not sure if any of this helped as it still did it a few times, but lets face facts. This si the only game I own on any format which does this.........

HenTheKing
05-10-2017, 09:40
I’m having these issues as well.

gusbh
10-10-2017, 02:44
Iím having these issues as well.

me too....so terrible!! i trained a lot and the online lobby game was discconnect.

snipeme77
10-10-2017, 03:02
I mean, you may be getting kicked out of lobbies? I had some problems trying to join certain people as they instantly kicked me, but otherwise i'm had no major problems. (Minus the stuttering from hell while driving but that's soon to be fixed in the patch... whenever it comes out)

TKMSte66
10-10-2017, 09:01
I mean, you may be getting kicked out of lobbies? I had some problems trying to join certain people as they instantly kicked me, but otherwise i'm had no major problems. (Minus the stuttering from hell while driving but that's soon to be fixed in the patch... whenever it comes out)

Thats must be it. Im being kicked out of nearly every lobby I join because people dont like me................ and everyone else I know is too.

Its definately the game, and its killing it. I have practically given up on online play as I spend most of my time truing to find a game that works.

justonce68
10-10-2017, 10:35
i was having this issue, then i started setting up my own lobbies, the lobbies fill quickly if you set a decent practice period 15 mins minimum. Some very good racing also.