PDA

View Full Version : Dear SMS...

ecstaticbrick
04-10-2017, 09:18
Please, Please, Please, don't ever go down the route of Micro Transactions or Loot Crates.

I just traded in my copy of Forza 7. What a absolute joke!

SIR_Driftalot
04-10-2017, 09:20
Please, Please, Please, don't ever go down the route of Micro Transactions or Loot Crates.

I just traded in my copy of Forza 7. What a absolute joke!

If you don't buy these games with loot crates and micro transactions, they won't sell them.

So please random guy on the internet, stop supporting these horrible consumer practices.

ecstaticbrick
04-10-2017, 09:30
Oh, I am absolutely done with the Forza series now.

I knew there would be Loot crates, as most games now do but, I never expected them to throw out the core gameplay mechanics the series is know for just to cash in on them!

JessicaWalter
04-10-2017, 09:58
...I knew there would be Loot crates, as most games now do...

I don't understand that logic. A lot of games, of certain genres and/or of a certain quality (read: garbage), do use loot crates and bs like that but respectable games made by teams that care about delivering a quality product usually don't. When they do it seems like the driving factor (no pun) is because the game has gone stale from lack of innovation or reasons to keep playing new versions but they still want to sell another iteration.

...just to cash in on them!

that's the whole point. see: R*, CoD, 2k, ...

this is just my opinion but, judging from SMS' actions up to this point, i could never see SMS going down that road (still no pun). they make quality games that don't need cheap gimmicky tactics

ecstaticbrick
04-10-2017, 10:07
I was always happy with the driving system. Switch off all driving aids and earn more xp/cr/money than the people that do use them but, they have ditched that system for Mods which are earned through the loot crate system.

There is quite literally no reason to drive with any skill.

DozUK
04-10-2017, 10:12
Sms have a fantastic model, lots of cars lots of tracks and everything available. Set the game up how you want. Great if you have limited time with the game and want to set up an sped up le mans 24 hour or a quick blast round a track in a touring car. Even in career you race in pretty much any class. Iits your game to play how you want, I couldn't go back to Forza or Gran turismo after this

JessicaWalter
04-10-2017, 10:52
Sms have a fantastic model, lots of cars lots of tracks and everything available. Set the game up how you want. Great if you have limited time with the game and want to set up an sped up le mans 24 hour or a quick blast round a track in a touring car. Even in career you race in pretty much any class. Iits your game to play how you want, I couldn't go back to Forza or Gran turismo after this

right!? i just remember how many countless hours i wasted in turismo and forza just unlocking a myriad of cars i never wanted to use and was practically sick of the game by the time i eventually unlocked the ones i actually wanted to drive. so exhausting and very little fun.

Sankyo
04-10-2017, 10:57
It would be one of the things WMD definitely would have a say in, meaning it won't happen. *IF* SMS would include such things in a racing game, it would be a separate game from pCARS.

Gloomy
04-10-2017, 11:39
I can't stand full priced games that lock stuff behind loot crates. I hate this trend and will avoid any game that attempts it. If the game is solid it doesn't need some unnecessary grind to keep me playing.