PDA

View Full Version : RS Dash (pCars Dash successor) - companion telemetry app

Pages : [1] 2

cjorgens79
04-10-2017, 10:53
Based on the "pCars Dash" telemetry app for Project Cars 1, RS Dash builds on that popular app to add support for Project Cars 2 and other racing sims.

Please note, this app is not free, in-app purchases are required to activate each racing game interface depending on which of these racing simulators you own.

RS Dash features real-time vehicle telemetry of crucial vehicle data. Designed by a race car driver for race car drivers it includes graphing of rpm, speed, gear, throttle and brake position per lap and a lap chart system including sector by sector breakdown.

Get the advantage over your opposition by knowing exactly whats going on with your car at all times. Every litre of fuel adds extra weight and costs you time, not sure how much fuel you need for a race? RS Dash provides live fuel usage statistics so you can see exactly how many liters you need to put in your tank for each racing lap.

Want more? There is also a HUD and one of the most important things, a dedicated race page showing you critical fuel, tire (wear/temps), brake (temps), damage and lap timing, a must have for any racer.

This app works with both the Windows PC and Console (PS4/XBox1) versions of Project Cars 2.

Important Note regarding pCars Dash for Project Cars 1
Project Cars 2 has an option to output telemetry in the same format as PCARS1 which means that you will be able to use pCars Dash with PCARS2 if you already own that app, but this will be limited to only have the same features (and tracks) that existed for PCARS1, it is also unsupported as such if there are issues using it to link with PCARS2. RS Dash is our official telemetry app for Project Cars 2 and the new features that are coming with the new Project Cars 2 telemetry api (once it has been completed) will only be added to RS Dash.

Details can be found on the Pocket Playground website (http://www.pocketplayground.net).

If you are experiencing any problems with the app or are looking for setup instructions, please refer to the Pocket Playground support page which has a setup guide and numerous tips for resolving common issues. A selection of common troubleshooting tips are below, see the support page for the complete list.

Common Project Cars interface Troubleshooting Tips
- Do NOT have Jumbo Frames / Jumbo Packets enabled on your PC's network adaptor as this may cause a loss of telemetry in Multiplayer sessions or single player sessions with a reasonable number of opponents. The symptoms for this would be that the app works flawlessly when playing single player with no AI, but you lose telemetry when playing single or multiplayer sessions with a reasonable number of opponents. If you are unsure whether or not Jumbo Frames have been enabled, an article such as this explains how to enable it so can therefore also be used as a basis for how to check and disable it if required. The reason why jumbo frames usually does not work is that the hardware between your PC and the tablet/phone device you are using does not support it. For example a number of Wifi routers / access points do not support this feature and will therefore cut off the transmission once Jumbo Frames are sent from the PC (which occurs once you have a certain number of human or AI opponents in game as the amount of telemetry data that needs to be transmitted increases).

- (PC via SHARED MEMORY) A number of Android devices experience issues with the telemetry data stopping during use, or starting and stopping intermittently. If you are experiencing this problem, please turn OFF the "Use Broadcast Mode" flag in the RS Transmitter. You must then make sure that the IP address you have entered in the IP Address field in the RS Transmitter matches the IP address shown when you first start the RS Dash app and select the Project Cars 2 interface.

- (Direct Mode UDP for PC/Consoles) A number of Android devices and routers may have issues receiving the telemetry due to the use of global broadcasts by Project CARS 2 to send its telemetry. There is a list of known devices with issues here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33388-pCars-Dash-Second-screen-telemetry-app)

RS Dash has a setting called "Compatibility Mode" which can make some devices listed below work that wouldn't previously work, it can also help eliminate lag if you are seeing delays in your telemetry feed.

It is hoped that Slightly Mad Studios will add support for sending UDP telemetry to a specific IP address rather than the global broadcast address which will resolve the aforementioned issues relating to a small number of Android devices and a small number of routers.

cjorgens79
04-10-2017, 10:54
241836 241837 241838
241834 241835 241830
241832 241829 245453
241828 241833

jonston
05-10-2017, 06:25
Thanks looks awesome, ill get this once you can confirm i can use project cars 2 data, as i have other apps that use it already. cant believe this awesome software was made here in Perth! well done.

Brado23
05-10-2017, 06:56
I've been using pCars Dash for a while now and it is brilliant. I'll have to get RS Dash if that is the supported version for pCars 2 now.

Thanks for a great add-on!

Brado23
05-10-2017, 07:07
Have you thought about creating an output for it that runs in a window on the gaming PC itself, so we can use an overlay program to display it in the VR headsets such as Vive? Maybe we could map a button to display it in Vive headset when we need to see it and remove it when we dont.

BTW I love how you can map buttons on your wheel to scroll through the different views in the current software btw!

cjorgens79
05-10-2017, 11:48
Have you thought about creating an output for it that runs in a window on the gaming PC itself, so we can use an overlay program to display it in the VR headsets such as Vive? Maybe we could map a button to display it in Vive headset when we need to see it and remove it when we dont.

BTW I love how you can map buttons on your wheel to scroll through the different views in the current software btw!

Do you mean in a different layout to how the pCars Dash PC version already does it (which is the same as the mobile versions)? or did you have something else in mind?

Brado23
06-10-2017, 06:05
Oh, I didn't even know there was a PC version currently. Thought it was only android and iPad. That may do the job, but from what I could see you only have one for pCars 1 and not RS Dash. Is that right? If so, do you have a RS Dash version on the way for pCars 2?

Thanks.

cjorgens79
06-10-2017, 07:23
Oh, I didn't even know there was a PC version currently. Thought it was only android and iPad. That may do the job, but from what I could see you only have one for pCars 1 and not RS Dash. Is that right? If so, do you have a RS Dash version on the way for pCars 2?

Thanks.

Its mostly finished, the only thing really stopping me from making it available at the moment is that i have to sort out the licensing side of it.

cjorgens79
11-10-2017, 12:59
Good news for PS4 users, patch v2.0 was released today which means UDP telemetry is now available if you want to use companion apps like RS Dash.

moeppel
11-10-2017, 19:55
I tested RS dash for iOS with f1 2017 and liked it pretty much so iĎm thinking about using it on my rig for pc2 little more intensely.

As Iím planning to add several displays to my rig itís pretty likely those will be androids - simply because theyíre cheaper than iPads and my wife might declare war if I occupied our family-iPad permanently so there are a few points in my planning you could clarify.

Will I be able to use my iOS purchases on android later? Apple ID and google account use the same email address.

Can I use one purchased license on letís say 3 tablets simultaneously? (same account, optimizing information from different windows)

Any plans for a windows app too? And does it require a separate device or could it run on the gaming pc on second screen?

Thanks in advance for your help

Donnced
12-10-2017, 00:26
Any plans to update pcarsdash? Pay again for the same thing isn't really nice, or those that buyed pcarsdash have pcars2 compatibility in RS Dash for "free"?

BreadedVirus
12-10-2017, 02:41
Good news for PS4 users, patch v2.0 was released today which means UDP telemetry is now available if you want to use companion apps like RS Dash.

I'm using RS DASH for F1 2017 and PCARS DASH for Project Cars 2 on the PS4. Great apps, thank you.

Diablo944
12-10-2017, 05:00
Does rs dash run on ios 8? And I know that pcars one isnt actually listed, but is it a definite non starter for pc1 with rs dash meaning the old pcars dash is needed as a seperate app?

cjorgens79
12-10-2017, 09:58
I tested RS dash for iOS with f1 2017 and liked it pretty much so iĎm thinking about using it on my rig for pc2 little more intensely.

As Iím planning to add several displays to my rig itís pretty likely those will be androids - simply because theyíre cheaper than iPads and my wife might declare war if I occupied our family-iPad permanently so there are a few points in my planning you could clarify.

Will I be able to use my iOS purchases on android later? Apple ID and google account use the same email address.

Can I use one purchased license on letís say 3 tablets simultaneously? (same account, optimizing information from different windows)

Any plans for a windows app too? And does it require a separate device or could it run on the gaming pc on second screen?

Thanks in advance for your help

Apple and Google etc do not allow the sharing of app licenses between different platforms as it would mean one of them would miss out on their cut of the sale. So you cant use your iOS app license on an Android device, but you can use it on other iOS devices. The same applies with Android, if you own an android license you can use it on all your android devices but you cant use it on iOS devices.

Yes there are plans for a windows version too, just need to sort out some things first. You will be able to run it on both windows desktop PC (on second screen for example) and windows tablets.

Gix916
12-10-2017, 10:05
Any plans to update pcarsdash? Pay again for the same thing isn't really nice, or those that buyed pcarsdash have pcars2 compatibility in RS Dash for "free"?

you can use pcarsdash on pcars2 using the pcars1 udp option.

did you get Pcars2 free because you had already bought Pcars1 ?

cjorgens79
12-10-2017, 10:07

pCars Dash can be used with PC2 using the PC1 UDP protocol version, it will however be lacking track maps for any of the new tracks in PCARS2.

RS Dash has features that pCars Dash doesn't, it is being actively developed and it will also be updated to support the new PC2 protocol once its completed by SMS as well as having integration to an online portal for tracking race session information that i've been working on. It takes a lot of time to develop, test and provide ongoing support for these apps and i have no intention of doing it for free.

cjorgens79
12-10-2017, 10:13
Does rs dash run on ios 8? And I know that pcars one isnt actually listed, but is it a definite non starter for pc1 with rs dash meaning the old pcars dash is needed as a seperate app?

As far as i know, they should both work on iOS 8, the app store specifically says "Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch" for both apps. Are you saying you cant see it in the app store at all? Which store are you using (ie what language?), the US store link for example is
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pcars-dash/id675649462?mt=8

rillo7105
12-10-2017, 10:17
Great app! I use it on my second screen for Windows/PC and in Window mode with a wrapper dxwnd "https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/". Works great!

Donnced
12-10-2017, 11:13
pCars Dash can be used with PC2 using the PC1 UDP protocol version, it will however be lacking track maps for any of the new tracks in PCARS2.

RS Dash has features that pCars Dash doesn't, it is being actively developed and it will also be updated to support the new PC2 protocol once its completed by SMS as well as having integration to an online portal for tracking race session information that i've been working on. It takes a lot of time to develop, test and provide ongoing support for these apps and i have no intention of doing it for free.

Thanks for your reply mate.

Sure it's a good amount of work, and really appreciate it.
It is no long Time ago that I've buyed pcarsdash app and it would be great seeing it updated towards the new API...

Maybe in a future i upgrade and take the RS Dash and stick for the moment with Pcarsdash

satco1066
12-10-2017, 12:29
the new inapp transaction system to buy just another protocol conversion for every game is a little odd for me. There should be discounts.
But hey, its worth it.
For the price of 2 or 3 soft drinks you get a well working app, used possibly hundreds of hours.
How many apps did we buy for just 1$ and never used it then?

BTW. NO, i don't know Mr. Jorgens personally :p
I own a iOS and a Windows license. And now bought RS dash for pCars2 too. :rolleyes:

cjorgens79
12-10-2017, 13:25
the new inapp transaction system to buy just another protocol conversion for every game is a little odd for me. There should be discounts.
But hey, its worth it.
For the price of 2 or 3 soft drinks you get a well working app, used possibly hundreds of hours.
How many apps did we buy for just 1$ and never used it then?

BTW. NO, i don't know Mr. Jorgens personally :p
I own a iOS and a Windows license. And now bought RS dash for pCars2 too. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your support, people don't seem to realise how much effort goes into this stuff. They complain about spending a few bucks on something they will get many hours use out of, yet the same people happily blow vastly more money than that on things like alcohol, soft drinks, fast food etc.

There isn't really an easy way to offer discounts with the IAP system, i have been thinking about some sort of bundle option possibly but that has its own issues to overcome from an ongoing maintenance standpoint.

Diablo944
12-10-2017, 15:40
As far as i know, they should both work on iOS 8, the app store specifically says "Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch" for both apps. Are you saying you cant see it in the app store at all? Which store are you using (ie what language?), the US store link for example is
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pcars-dash/id675649462?mt=8

Sorry, the ios8 bit was me being lazy. I saw the '8 or later' after posting. But the second bit of the post as to whether rs dash is compatible with pcars 1 would be good to know, solely as it means getting two apps if it isnt. Before anyone starts about it being about cost, it isnt (though obviously I would rather not spend more than needed). But from a simplicity viewpoint, if rs cars does do both its a boon.

cjorgens79
12-10-2017, 23:42
Sorry, the ios8 bit was me being lazy. I saw the '8 or later' after posting. But the second bit of the post as to whether rs dash is compatible with pcars 1 would be good to know, solely as it means getting two apps if it isnt. Before anyone starts about it being about cost, it isnt (though obviously I would rather not spend more than needed). But from a simplicity viewpoint, if rs cars does do both its a boon.

RS Dash can't be used with PCARS1 currently, but i do plan to make it available in the future

DayGlow
13-10-2017, 07:26
Any chance that you will be able to show the 3 temperature zones on the tires?

cjorgens79
13-10-2017, 08:04
Any chance that you will be able to show the 3 temperature zones on the tires?

That information is not part of the PCARS1 UDP protocol so at the moment it cant be done, however it is part of the new PCARS2 udp protocol, so once that gets completed by SMS then i will be able to add that info to the app.

Diablo944
13-10-2017, 10:46
Just one thing. I was about to pull the trigger on it after download. I know pcars 2 udp has only just gone live on ps4, but the app itself when showing what each works with ie AC-pc etc shows only pc for pcars 2. Will purchasing the pcars 2 option let it work on ps4 despite only showing pc.

I know it might be obvious and is just a matter of time until the pcars2 icon shows pc and ps4, but its better to ask first than run into issues after

Djinn
13-10-2017, 10:49
It should work on PS4 too after the latest patch. At first it was working only on PC because only there the UDP options were available. I'm sure the RS dash app will update the text, that it is working on consoles now too. :)

cjorgens79
13-10-2017, 11:39
Just one thing. I was about to pull the trigger on it after download. I know pcars 2 udp has only just gone live on ps4, but the app itself when showing what each works with ie AC-pc etc shows only pc for pcars 2. Will purchasing the pcars 2 option let it work on ps4 despite only showing pc.

I know it might be obvious and is just a matter of time until the pcars2 icon shows pc and ps4, but its better to ask first than run into issues after

Yep it will work, i just took the text out as it was causing too much confusion because the patch hadnt been released yet. Ive got the new build with the labels changed ready to go as soon as the Xbox patch drops, although i may just push it out anyway as i get the impression that the xbox one will be any day now as its undergoing MS certification as we speak.

falm
13-10-2017, 11:50
Just downloaded. Thanks for a great app.

DozUK
13-10-2017, 13:00
I will be purchasing and using this tonight, it looks fantastic and well worth the price. The features look really good and lots of very positive reviews.

Can I ask, can you review the telemetry when watching the replay or does the stream only broadcast live?

Also, can you use the UDP stream with multiple apps ie this and Crew Chief?

ctzn
13-10-2017, 13:07

Yep, you can use CrewChief and other UDP applications simultaneously.

Exoil
13-10-2017, 13:25
Can I make request? Adding a swipe motion back and forth so we can scroll both to the left and right and not have to click to the right to get back to the previous screen?

cjorgens79
13-10-2017, 13:45
I will be purchasing and using this tonight, it looks fantastic and well worth the price. The features look really good and lots of very positive reviews.

Can I ask, can you review the telemetry when watching the replay or does the stream only broadcast live?

Thanks,

Re replays, I'm not sure about that, i haven't tried. From memory I think this worked in PCARS1, in which case it should in theory also work for PCARS 2.

Yes you can also use Crew Chief at the same time.

cjorgens79
13-10-2017, 13:49
Can I make request? Adding a swipe motion back and forth so we can scroll both to the left and right and not have to click to the right to get back to the previous screen?

The left/right swipe already has a function in the app. On the race page (page 2), it can be used on the tyre section to switch between 3 different layouts. On the Lite HUD (page 3) the swipe switches between different hud layouts. On the timing page (page 4) the swipe switches between lap chart, and the different live timing display modes (depending on session). On the graph page (screen 5) swiping is used to move back and forth along the graph history.

You can instead map buttons on your controller to functions that can change page or jump to a specific page. The settings for that are on one of the options pages in the app (click the cog icon).

ESS Roadhog
14-10-2017, 01:42
The left/right swipe already has a function in the app. On the race page (page 2), it can be used on the tyre section to switch between 3 different layouts. On the Lite HUD (page 3) the swipe switches between different hud layouts. On the timing page (page 4) the swipe switches between lap chart, and the different live timing display modes (depending on session). On the graph page (screen 5) swiping is used to move back and forth along the graph history.

You can instead map buttons on your controller to functions that can change page or jump to a specific page. The settings for that are on one of the options pages in the app (click the cog icon).

Swipe is really not practical while you are driving in my experience. The button assignment method is definitely the way to go. Unfortunately for those on consoles, buttons on a wheel are a very limited commodity. I'll probably have to sacrifice wipers/headlights (they both come on automatically anyway.) I've used some assignments (pad up and down) to adjust the seating position, as I use cockpit view and on most cars have to adjust the seat so I can see at least one mirror- I'll probably give those up (I could just go through every car and set the position and then pray the setting saves/sticks.) The Dash app allows you to both swap views and swap between view layouts, you can also remove views you don't want to see which simplifies the navigation.

I'm running one 7" android dedicated to tach/speedo and it gives me car in front/back deltas and some other basics, This dash is static and never changes. On a second 8" android (no issues running multiple devices) I run the dash app with two views- car status and timing, each of these have two or three different layouts I can toggle between. One button assignment needed to switch view, one for switching layout. I also run Crew Chief (on the 7"), which eats up another button for voice recognition- so I can ask crew chief questions.

This setup allows me to completely remove all hud elements, leaving the most realistic possible view with no superimposed graphics. I can get everything I need from the tablets.

No console racing game has this type of third party app support. The immersion factor is amazing once you get the HUD wiped clean.

Thrash80s
14-10-2017, 04:49
Hi man, thanks for the great app, can I suggest something? Is it possible to increase the size of the % shown at the bottom of the race screen (engine wear for example)?

cjorgens79
14-10-2017, 07:18
Hi man, thanks for the great app, can I suggest something? Is it possible to increase the size of the % shown at the bottom of the race screen (engine wear for example)?

Yep can do, i'll push them up a few sizes for the RS Dash v1.9p build.

justonce68
14-10-2017, 18:04
I have purchased this for iOS on my iPhone for pc2, I have also downloaded it on my iPad again for PC2, but is asking for another payment is this correct?

ctzn
14-10-2017, 18:18
I have purchased this for iOS on my iPhone for pc2, I have also downloaded it on my iPad again for PC2, but is asking for another payment is this correct?

After you launch the app, select the settings/gear icon on the lower left and select Restore Purchases.

Jbpd
14-10-2017, 20:06
So what does R.S. dash do for pc2 that the original pcars dash doesn’t?

cjorgens79
15-10-2017, 00:22
So what does R.S. dash do for pc2 that the original pcars dash doesn’t?

At the moment the differences are minimal due to the PC1 protocol being used by both, but going forward that will change. RS Dash has track maps for all tracks, the live timing page in RS Dash works better with PC2, the map page shows timing info now as well. Once the PC2 telemetry protocol has been completed by SMS, RS Dash will then have access to more telemetry data, things such as tyre compounds, inner+middle+outer tyre temps etc. RS Dash is continuing to be developed going forward and will be getting an online portal which tracks your results/lap history, the graph page will get a full reworking etc, where as pCars Dash is not being developed any further so is limited to the same information that was available for PC1.

cjorgens79
15-10-2017, 00:23
@Xbox1 users, can any of you that have installed patch v2 let me know if its working ok for you? Ive had reports of slow telemetry (pcars1 works fine for same person with same hardware), so wondering if its an issue with the XB1 version itself or something else.

Fiz45
15-10-2017, 11:24

Buyer of the PCars Dash license it is with pleasure and without hesitation that I also bought the license for RS Dash.
Thanks for all the free upgrades on PCars Dash. Now up to RS Dash, can't wait to see futures updates.
Guys stop complaining of having to buy a license, the price is not excessive for an application you will use a number of incalculable hours. We must also reward the developer that brings us an application that literally changes Project Cars 2 game experience.

Thanks for this fantastic app !

justonce68
16-10-2017, 11:13
@Xbox1 users, can any of you that have installed patch v2 let me know if its working ok for you? Ive had reports of slow telemetry (pcars1 works fine for same person with same hardware), so wondering if its an issue with the XB1 version itself or something else.

Hi Mate
For me it Isn't working correctly, there is a maybe 2-3 second lag on the gearshifts keeping up, I have it set on PC1 protocol and have set it on different numbers between 1 and 9, i believe the rest is working,but didn't really keep an eye on it as it was feeding me late information

cjorgens79
16-10-2017, 11:52
Hi Mate
For me it Isn't working correctly, there is a maybe 2-3 second lag on the gearshifts keeping up, I have it set on PC1 protocol and have set it on different numbers between 1 and 9, i believe the rest is working,but didn't really keep an eye on it as it was feeding me late information

Hey, do you own Project Cars 1 + pCars Dash as well, and if so do they work smoothly or do you also have the same lag? If not, do you use any other interfaces such as the F1 2017 telemetry interface with RS Dash?

justonce68
16-10-2017, 15:58
I do own PC1 and the original app, i have unistalled both now but they worked perfectly. i could reinstall PC Dash if you want and try that. What setting do you suggest with the new app 1-9 ? My Xbox is wired, ipad is wireless with good connection speed.
i use RS Dash exclusively on PC2

cjorgens79
17-10-2017, 09:39
I do own PC1 and the original app, i have unistalled both now but they worked perfectly. i could reinstall PC Dash if you want and try that. What setting do you suggest with the new app 1-9 ? My Xbox is wired, ipad is wireless with good connection speed.
i use RS Dash exclusively on PC2

If you could, please reinstall pCars Dash and use that with PCARS2 on say UDP 3 or 4, if that is smooth, shutdown pCars Dash and run RS Dash and see if that is still lagging. You should be able to just swap between the two apps without having to change anything else to see if there is a difference. If you are getting lag in pCars Dash, try turn on the "Use Legacy Netcode" option in the settings and see if that makes any difference. (that option doesnt exist yet in RS Dash, but i may need to add it if some users are having issues). Let me know how you go, cheers.

drizzit
17-10-2017, 13:34
Is it already possible or if not are there plans for a windows version that can be used on windows 7?

If not can it be used in a android emulator on windows?

I have a second monitor to run apps like this on but no tablet and my phone feels too small for what I like so a way to run this on the same PC as Pcars2 and I'll get it right away.

cjorgens79
17-10-2017, 14:01
Is it already possible or if not are there plans for a windows version that can be used on windows 7?

If not can it be used in a android emulator on windows?

I have a second monitor to run apps like this on but no tablet and my phone feels too small for what I like so a way to run this on the same PC as Pcars2 and I'll get it right away.

Yes there are plans for a Windows version of the app, however at this time it is unclear whether windows 7 will be supported, or only 8.1+. This will come down to the licensing and distribution method chosen for the windows version of the app.

drizzit
17-10-2017, 14:09
Yes there are plans for a Windows version of the app, however at this time it is unclear whether windows 7 will be supported, or only 8.1+. This will come down to the licensing and distribution method chosen for the windows version of the app.

Windows 8 will not come near my computer so I'll keep my fingers crossed for a win7 compatible app then heh...

How about an android emulator? I use that that works fine for games but not sure how the transmissions here would work.. anyone with a license willing to try it out for me? :)

justonce68
17-10-2017, 14:21
If you could, please reinstall pCars Dash and use that with PCARS2 on say UDP 3 or 4, if that is smooth, shutdown pCars Dash and run RS Dash and see if that is still lagging. You should be able to just swap between the two apps without having to change anything else to see if there is a difference. If you are getting lag in pCars Dash, try turn on the "Use Legacy Netcode" option in the settings and see if that makes any difference. (that option doesnt exist yet in RS Dash, but i may need to add it if some users are having issues). Let me know how you go, cheers.

Will do buddy, i did try RS DASH last night on iphone, lag was about 1 second, on ipad it was 2 seconds plus

cjorgens79
17-10-2017, 14:27
Windows 8 will not come near my computer so I'll keep my fingers crossed for a win7 compatible app then heh...

How about an android emulator? I use that that works fine for games but not sure how the transmissions here would work.. anyone with a license willing to try it out for me? :)

Yeah i dont blame you re Win 8, but Win 10 is pretty good, dont think i could go back to 7 now.

Android emulator probably wont work unless you can get it to work with Google Play as it needs to use those services for the licensing.

drizzit
17-10-2017, 15:18
Yeah i dont blame you re Win 8, but Win 10 is pretty good, dont think i could go back to 7 now.

Android emulator probably wont work unless you can get it to work with Google Play as it needs to use those services for the licensing.

I'm guessing I will end up with windows 10 sooner or later but well not right now atleast as I'm happy with my current setup for everything else for now :)

Google play works fine in emulators, I use it to play game from the play store all the time, just not sure if the wifi connection part would work. The emulator I use can be found at http://www.memuplay.com/ if anyone with a license wants to try it out. If not I guess I'll get a license sometime and give it a try.

Thank you for answering my questions!

HenryT23
17-10-2017, 15:31
Hello,
first of all, a compliment to the great work.
I wanted to know if there is a way to show the difference in individual sectors compared to the best lap
thanks!

stevewf1
17-10-2017, 19:33
Love the apps. Have used on PCars 1 before with no problems, but couldn't get RS Dash or PCars Dash to work with PCars 2 on the PS4. There was a lag of at least 10 seconds on both apps, tried every UDP setting and didn't improve. I clicked the Use Legacy Netcode setting in PCars Dash, however, and now appears to be working fine.

justonce68
18-10-2017, 07:35
Will do buddy, i did try RS DASH last night on iphone, lag was about 1 second, on ipad it was 2 seconds plus

Tried this last night and still have delays on original App and RS

cjorgens79
18-10-2017, 11:24
I'm guessing I will end up with windows 10 sooner or later but well not right now atleast as I'm happy with my current setup for everything else for now :)

Google play works fine in emulators, I use it to play game from the play store all the time, just not sure if the wifi connection part would work. The emulator I use can be found at http://www.memuplay.com/ if anyone with a license wants to try it out. If not I guess I'll get a license sometime and give it a try.

Thank you for answering my questions!

If the emulator can access your network (ie to connect to the internet) and the emulated device has an IP on the same range as your PC then it should work. Give it a try if you want and if it wont work i can issue you a refund.

cjorgens79
18-10-2017, 11:26
Hello,
first of all, a compliment to the great work.
I wanted to know if there is a way to show the difference in individual sectors compared to the best lap
thanks!

Yep, there is an setting in the options page called "Timing relative to" where you can choose how the timing for each lap is displayed. The options are "Previous lap" which means each lap time and sector times are compared to the previous laps values, "Session Best", "Personal Best' and "Theoretical Best" which im sure you can guess how they work :)

Edit: just re-read your post, when you say "the best lap" do you mean your best lap or the games "world record" best lap?

cjorgens79
18-10-2017, 11:29
Love the apps. Have used on PCars 1 before with no problems, but couldn't get RS Dash or PCars Dash to work with PCars 2 on the PS4. There was a lag of at least 10 seconds on both apps, tried every UDP setting and didn't improve. I clicked the Use Legacy Netcode setting in PCars Dash, however, and now appears to be working fine.

Interesting, I've had someone else report a similar thing. Ive given them a beta build of RS Dash with a "Legacy Netcode" option to see if it resolves their issue too.

What make/model of device are you using, is it an iPad by any chance?

cjorgens79
18-10-2017, 11:29
Tried this last night and still have delays on original App and RS

Can you try enable the "Legacy Netcode" compatibility option in pCars Dash and see if that fixes it for you?

justonce68
18-10-2017, 14:07
Can you try enable the "Legacy Netcode" compatibility option in pCars Dash and see if that fixes it for you?

Yeah i tried that on the original app no improvement, i will run some tests again later, as i am not sure if there is a lag delay on Crew chief also.

cjorgens79
18-10-2017, 14:32
Yeah i tried that on the original app no improvement, i will run some tests again later, as i am not sure if there is a lag delay on Crew chief also.

If you are seeing lag across all the companion apps then it will be coming from your actual hardware, it could be the router or the device itself. If it is the router causing the issue it can sometimes be resolved by changing settings relating to things like denial of service protection, UDP or multicast flood protection or similarly named. If you play PCARS2 on PC, then you could use the shared memory interface instead which allows you to use a direct IP for communication which would remove all lag related to broadcast messages.

stevewf1
18-10-2017, 16:04
Interesting, I've had someone else report a similar thing. Ive given them a beta build of RS Dash with a "Legacy Netcode" option to see if it resolves their issue too.

What make/model of device are you using, is it an iPad by any chance?

Yes, using an iPad

Sp00ky 1
18-10-2017, 17:48
This app work for me on Xbone One but I cant see the track??? I can see the dots(cars) but the track is all black???

HenryT23
19-10-2017, 09:35
Thanks so much.
I meant my best turn in the session. I just need a bigger screen because in the smartphone is too small

cjorgens79
19-10-2017, 11:44
Yes, using an iPad

Ok, what model of iPad is it? So far the testing from the other user with the same problem (by the sounds of it) is looking promising, so hopefully i can have a setting in the app to resolve this issue soon.

cjorgens79
19-10-2017, 11:47
This app work for me on Xbone One but I cant see the track??? I can see the dots(cars) but the track is all black???

Are you using RS Dash or pCars Dash? pCars Dash does not have any of the new tracks that were added in PCARS2, so i would expect you would see a missing map for those.

If its RS Dash, what track are you on. Is the problem occuring for all tracks? Could you please take a screenshot of the map page and email it to support@pocketplayground.net so i can look into it.

Thanks

cjorgens79
19-10-2017, 11:47
Thanks so much.
I meant my best turn in the session. I just need a bigger screen because in the smartphone is too small

Yeah the app is definitely much nicer on a tablet with the bigger screen. Phones are just too small IMO.

drizzit
19-10-2017, 15:16
If the emulator can access your network (ie to connect to the internet) and the emulated device has an IP on the same range as your PC then it should work. Give it a try if you want and if it wont work i can issue you a refund.

Sorry for the slow reply, I'll look into this during the weekend thank you very much for the offer I'll report back as soon as I can :)

justonce68
20-10-2017, 08:34
If you are seeing lag across all the companion apps then it will be coming from your actual hardware, it could be the router or the device itself. If it is the router causing the issue it can sometimes be resolved by changing settings relating to things like denial of service protection, UDP or multicast flood protection or similarly named. If you play PCARS2 on PC, then you could use the shared memory interface instead which allows you to use a direct IP for communication which would remove all lag related to broadcast messages.

All resolved, a faulty range extender. sorry buddy.

cjorgens79
20-10-2017, 08:48
All resolved, a faulty range extender. sorry buddy.

Glad to hear its all sorted :)

DozUK
20-10-2017, 09:51
At the moment the differences are minimal due to the PC1 protocol being used by both, but going forward that will change. RS Dash has track maps for all tracks, the live timing page in RS Dash works better with PC2, the map page shows timing info now as well. Once the PC2 telemetry protocol has been completed by SMS, RS Dash will then have access to more telemetry data, things such as tyre compounds, inner+middle+outer tyre temps etc. RS Dash is continuing to be developed going forward and will be getting an online portal which tracks your results/lap history, the graph page will get a full reworking etc, where as pCars Dash is not being developed any further so is limited to the same information that was available for PC1.

Thanks for the update, I bought it last Friday as promised and love it. It adds so much to the experience and it I can view telemetry retrospectively during a replay.

I can't wait for the new features with PC2 protocol, the online portal to track results and lap history is a fantastic option. Thanks for the commitment to keep developing this, the price of the app is well worth the product.

Rossi46 (NL)
20-10-2017, 10:49
I am using RS Dash on my iPad , and i am only using it for Project Cars 2.
Is it possible to skip the main screen where you can buy it for other games and go directly to Pcars2?
Or can you implent this in a future update?

cjorgens79
20-10-2017, 11:46
I am using RS Dash on my iPad , and i am only using it for Project Cars 2.
Is it possible to skip the main screen where you can buy it for other games and go directly to Pcars2?
Or can you implent this in a future update?

Are you shutting down the app completely between games? The app remembers what the last interface used was and auto selects it when returning from suspend/sleep. Its only if you completely kill the app and restart it that you would need to click it again.

Rossi46 (NL)
20-10-2017, 11:59
Are you shutting down the app completely between games? The app remembers what the last interface used was and auto selects it when returning from suspend/sleep. Its only if you completely kill the app and restart it that you would need to click it again.

Yes i am always shutting down all my apps when putting away my ipad.

cjorgens79
20-10-2017, 12:37
Yes i am always shutting down all my apps when putting away my ipad.

There is no real need to do that, the app does not have any "Background App Refresh" permissions (you can see this in the iOS Settings for the RS Dash app) which means it is completely suspended once you leave the app (ie press home button) or switch off the screen. This means that it wont use any battery, cpu, network etc until you bring up the app again.

thevilleky
21-10-2017, 23:46
Bought the app. Works great on xbox one pc2 with pc1 UDP enabled. I'm using a samsung s5 and no problems. I looked through the thread and the website and it indicates that additional info for pc2 will be added as it becomes available. Is there any chance that a layout editor will also be added, in addition to some additional dash designs? I like the info provided on some of the screens, but I would like to customize some of the layouts, remove some of the information I don't really want, and have other dash design options.

cjorgens79
22-10-2017, 00:01
Bought the app. Works great on xbox one pc2 with pc1 UDP enabled. I'm using a samsung s5 and no problems. I looked through the thread and the website and it indicates that additional info for pc2 will be added as it becomes available. Is there any chance that a layout editor will also be added, in addition to some additional dash designs? I like the info provided on some of the screens, but I would like to customize some of the layouts, remove some of the information I don't really want, and have other dash design options.

It is a possibility as it is something I have been thinking would be nice to have for a while. I've actually already redesigned some of the UI controls so they could be reused in that way in the future. At the moment though there are a number of other things i need to complete first before looking at this.

cjorgens79
22-10-2017, 11:25
Things are going well with the Windows version of RS Dash, I should have it completed within the week, and yes it will be Windows 7+ compatible :)

drizzit
22-10-2017, 15:31
Things are going well with the Windows version of RS Dash, I should have it completed within the week, and yes it will be Windows 7+ compatible :)

Brilliant news, cant wait thank you! :D

Brado23
23-10-2017, 00:49
Great news. Can't wait to try this in VR with OVRdrop.

Chiraq
29-10-2017, 21:56
I can't get the app running properly. I set it to UDP "1" but the lag is just ridiculous, the app is at least 1 minute behind the game.
I am on the Xbox One with an iPhone 6S. My router is an o2 box if that helps. What can I do?

Edit: right now it is working, I am in practice mode, gonna try it online now! Hope it stays like this. Maybe this compatibility mode helped

Edit edit: Online it is horrible. Lags so much, delay is at least 20 seconds.

Edit edit edit: Online does not work. Single player does not work (Updated it with the legacy mode nothing works for me, has to be my router right?)

drizzit
29-10-2017, 23:22
I can't get the app running properly. I set it to UDP "1" but the lag is just ridiculous, the app is at least 1 minute behind the game.
I am on the Xbox One with an iPhone 6S. My router is an o2 box if that helps. What can I do?

Edit: right now it is working, I am in practice mode, gonna try it online now! Hope it stays like this. Maybe this compatibility mode helped

Edit edit: Online it is horrible. Lags so much, delay is at least 20 seconds.

Edit edit edit: Online does not work. Single player does not work (Updated it with the legacy mode nothing works for me, has to be my router right?)

Just a guess but if it works sometimes it sounds like you are having bandwidth problems. If your router supports it try setting a QoS rule for RS Dash so it gets priority.

Chiraq
29-10-2017, 23:47
Just a guess but if it works sometimes it sounds like you are having bandwidth problems. If your router supports it try setting a QoS rule for RS Dash so it gets priority.

I looked through all the settings of my router couldn't find anything that would help.
I tried everything, restarting my phone, the app several times, lower UDP higher UDP only once I got it working it was spot on but then all of a sudden it stopped working again. I think it's just my router. :(

drizzit
29-10-2017, 23:49
I looked through all the settings of my router couldn't find anything that would help.
I tried everything, restarting my phone, the app several times, lower UDP higher UDP only once I got it working it was spot on but then all of a sudden it stopped working again. I think it's just my router. :(

Tried rebooting the router?
Pulling the power for a min or 2 once in a while can do wonders for most consumer grade routers when you get sudden lag spikes.

Chiraq
29-10-2017, 23:54
Tried rebooting the router?
Pulling the power for a min or 2 once in a while can do wonders for most consumer grade routers when you get sudden lag spikes.

I'll take that into consideration for tomorrow! Thanks for your help.

drizzit
29-10-2017, 23:55
I'll take that into consideration for tomorrow! Thanks for your help.

Hope you get it sorted out :)

cjorgens79
30-10-2017, 10:49

It does sound like your router unfortunately. A couple of things to check, if your XBox is connected via wireless, make sure its on the same frequency as the iPhone (eg 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, as if you have a dual band router they could be on different channels and the routing between them could be part of the problem). You could also try cable the XBox to the router as a test if it is currently wireless.

In your router settings, try disable the firewall (if it has one), and any Denial of Service (DOS), UDP flood protection, Multicast Flood protection or similarly named settings, the router might be thinking the telemetry data is a DOS attack and restricting it.

Also best to have the Legacy NetCode setting turned on for your iPhone, and the Keep alive one turned off.

cjorgens79
30-10-2017, 11:05
Quick update on the Windows version of RS Dash, its had a good amount of testing over the last week by a few people (many thanks to them for there help), its pretty much ready to go however there is one small thing i just want to resolve before posting it relating to the cloud sync stuff, shouldn't take too long to do but i wont have a chance to work on it again until later in the week. So slight delay on my original estimates, but i see no reason why it cant be released before the weekend. I'm also trying to sort out a code signing certificate to sign the app and the installers which will help with AntiVirus white listing as products like Avast are reporting false positives about the installer, however Comodo are making things difficult so not sure if that is going to happen or not. I am hoping to also make it available though the windows store, but the initial release will just be via a normal Windows installer package.

drizzit
30-10-2017, 11:36
Thank you for the update!

Can't offer much but if you ever need additional testing for windows 7 let me know :)

Chiraq
30-10-2017, 12:04
It does sound like your router unfortunately. A couple of things to check, if your XBox is connected via wireless, make sure its on the same frequency as the iPhone (eg 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, as if you have a dual band router they could be on different channels and the routing between them could be part of the problem). You could also try cable the XBox to the router as a test if it is currently wireless.

In your router settings, try disable the firewall (if it has one), and any Denial of Service (DOS), UDP flood protection, Multicast Flood protection or similarly named settings, the router might be thinking the telemetry data is a DOS attack and restricting it.

Also best to have the Legacy NetCode setting turned on for your iPhone, and the Keep alive one turned off.

I couldn't find anything with a firewall in my router settings so I just added my iPhone to a filter. The only things under security that I can change is a mac-adress-filter and uPnP/IGD settings.
Btw yesterday I tried it with the xbox wired, wireless it doesn't work either.

If I add it to the mac-adress filter the mbits go up from 24 to over 500... but no changes. Maybe I have to fiddle around with the channels

Chiraq
30-10-2017, 12:54
Okay I made some progress. After changing the channel to 5ghz it seems to work for 20 seconds (with both compatibility modes disabled). But then it stops working again. I have no idea what I can do

cjorgens79
30-10-2017, 13:13
Okay I made some progress. After changing the channel to 5ghz it seems to work for 20 seconds (with both compatibility modes disabled). But then it stops working again. I have no idea what I can do

I have a vague recollection of someone saying they forced their 2.4Ghz channel width to 20Mhz and it solves their issues, so might be worth a go. Obviously you will need to switch back to the 2.4Ghz band. Speed wise, the telemetry stream at most is about 90Kbps so you don't need a huge amount of throughput for it, it tends to be routers filter these kinds of packets out as they are being sent to the global broadcast address 255.255.255.255. Try the above and if that doesn't help then all i can suggest is contacting the manufacturer to ask for further assistance, make sure you tell them the router is not routing UDP packets that are sent to 255.255.255.255 properly. The packet size is roughly 1400 bytes, and transit rate at peak is 60Hz.

Chiraq
30-10-2017, 14:43
I have a vague recollection of someone saying they forced their 2.4Ghz channel width to 20Mhz and it solves their issues, so might be worth a go. Obviously you will need to switch back to the 2.4Ghz band. Speed wise, the telemetry stream at most is about 90Kbps so you don't need a huge amount of throughput for it, it tends to be routers filter these kinds of packets out as they are being sent to the global broadcast address 255.255.255.255. Try the above and if that doesn't help then all i can suggest is contacting the manufacturer to ask for further assistance, make sure you tell them the router is not routing UDP packets that are sent to 255.255.255.255 properly. The packet size is roughly 1400 bytes, and transit rate at peak is 60Hz.

Thank you for the replies. I disabled the 2,4Ghz channel, it seemed like whenever I lost connection to the 5Ghz one it switched me to another channel which caused issues with the app. I think I have to replace my router. Now I got it working, it is jittery and not smooth at all, but at least not delayed by seconds or minutes :)

cjorgens79
31-10-2017, 12:33
Thank you for the replies. I disabled the 2,4Ghz channel, it seemed like whenever I lost connection to the 5Ghz one it switched me to another channel which caused issues with the app. I think I have to replace my router. Now I got it working, it is jittery and not smooth at all, but at least not delayed by seconds or minutes :)

Is the jittering happening with UDP 1 and Legacy NetCode enabled? My home router jitters too, runs smooth as silk with a direct IP address feed, but jitters with the games 255.255.255.255 broadcast address. I have asked them to add an option to the game to allow users to set their direct IP which would solve these issues, so hopefully they will look at doing this for a future patch. All the other racing games with telemetry outputs allow a direct IP setting, its really needed these days to deal with the big variations in hardware compatibility with UDP broadcast messages.

Brado23
01-11-2017, 04:45
Any news on RS Dash for PC Craig?

cjorgens79
01-11-2017, 12:13
Any news on RS Dash for PC Craig?

I have manged to get through the final tweaks i needed to do tonight, just need to give them a better test tomorrow then i can pass it onto the beta testers for a quick run through (if they have time) and assuming nothing unexpected crops up then I am on track to release it to everyone on friday.

JohnSchoonsBeard
02-11-2017, 14:18
Just upgraded all devices to RS Dash. Looking forward to whatever extra the pCARS 2 data brings us.

Everything working fine.

JasonB
02-11-2017, 20:43
Purchased this app this past weekend and have been having a ton of fun. It's incredibly useful, and so far not a single bug. I have both an iPad and iPhone mounted in my cockpit, both of which displaying this app. Fantastic work.

cjorgens79
03-11-2017, 12:07
The Windows version of RS Dash has now been released. You can download it from here (https://www.pocketplayground.net/copy-of-rs-dash)

Enjoy :)

drizzit
03-11-2017, 12:42
The Windows version of RS Dash has now been released. You can download it from here (https://www.pocketplayground.net/copy-of-rs-dash)

Enjoy :)

Have said it before, but thank you and great work!
Please keep it up :D

ctzn
03-11-2017, 13:08
Excellent! Thank you, cjorgens!

rillo7105
04-11-2017, 10:15
Great app thnx for the window mode

chris99
04-11-2017, 11:52
Good to have the Windows version thanks. It's particularly useful to be able to display monitor size map views on an attached second screen or laptop.

Not sure if it's just in the Windows beta version I was testing, but I was wondering if the new RSDash online racing history feature will be made available to Android users as well?

cjorgens79
04-11-2017, 11:56
Good to have the Windows version thanks. It's particularly useful to be able to display monitor size map views on an attached second screen or laptop.

Not sure if it's just in the Windows beta version I was testing, but I was wondering if the new RSDash online racing history feature will be made available to Android users as well?

Yeah it will, its just currently hidden from the existing release. I intend to do another iOS/Android build tomorrow for beta testing which has the option to login to RS Cloud the same as windows, so the beta testers of those devices can also access it.

chris99
05-11-2017, 09:23
Both my Android tablets & phone are working fine on v1.9q beta and correctly uploading racing history to the RS Cloud (I enabled each one in turn to test).
Also, I see my actual user game name now appears on the map car marker labels, but it still shows "Player" in the Windows version.

Interestingly, RSDash now works on my Moto E phone without the workaround of having to launch third party app in the background. I don't think I changed anything in the setup.
:)

cjorgens79
05-11-2017, 09:36
Both my Android tablets & phone are working fine on v1.9q beta and correctly uploading racing history to the RS Cloud (I enabled each one in turn to test).
Also, I see my actual user game name now appears on the map car marker labels, but it still shows "Player" in the Windows version.

Interestingly, RSDash now works on my Moto E phone without the workaround of having to launch third party app in the background. I don't think I changed anything in the setup.
:)

I only did the name change on the map marker today (realised i missed it from the earlier changes for the Win32 release), so it will be in the next version released for windows.

Interesting re the Moto E, havent changed anything since you last tried legacy netcode with it. (Do you have Legacy NetCode still enabled?)

chris99
05-11-2017, 09:40
I did still have Legacy NetCode enabled. But it works even after disabling it.
Also pCars Dash now works on the phone without the third party app fix!
I've not knowingly done anything else with the phone or router setup which may have unblocked the UDP port. Could the new RS Cloud login have changed something?

cjorgens79
05-11-2017, 10:19
I did still have Legacy NetCode enabled. But it works even after disabling it.
Also pCars Dash now works on the phone without the third party app fix!
I've not knowingly done anything else with the phone or router setup which may have unblocked the UDP port. Could the new RS Cloud login have changed something?

Nope, that wouldn't make any difference. Perhaps the firmware on the phone or Android version has been updated?

davidt33
05-11-2017, 12:38
Hey this app looks real cool and useful. The interface looks well done. Just now visited your web page to check out further.
Although I've seen them mentioned previously I've never used any third-party telemetry apps before so it would be a first for me. PS4 console user here, G29 wheel on Deluxe Wheel Stand Pro.
I just downloaded the app on my iPhone 6s but not used as yet. Downloaded Free and indicated in-app purchases required. I imagine relates to purchase licence for whichever game (in my case Pcars2). I've not seen a purchase price figure mentioned though. What is the in-app purchase price? Just want to know before I commit and proceed.

cjorgens79
05-11-2017, 13:09
Hey this app looks real cool and useful. The interface looks well done. Just now visited your web page to check out further.
Although I've seen them mentioned previously I've never used any third-party telemetry apps before so it would be a first for me. PS4 console user here, G29 wheel on Deluxe Wheel Stand Pro.
I just downloaded the app on my iPhone 6s but not used as yet. Downloaded Free and indicated in-app purchases required. I imagine relates to purchase licence for whichever game (in my case Pcars2). I've not seen a purchase price figure mentioned though. What is the in-app purchase price? Just want to know before I commit and proceed.

The price should be shown on the tile, if its not then it will definitely tell you before you confirm the purchase. The price varies based on region and exchange rates so you will need to see what the app is telling you the price for your region is.

JasonB
05-11-2017, 13:16
It was pretty clear about the price when I downloaded it late last week...

Fiz45
06-11-2017, 10:21
Hello cjorgens79,

Have you planned an update for the scrren of the iPhone X ?

Brado23
06-11-2017, 10:21
After using RS Dash on PC for the last few days, I went to the RS Dash Racing History web site just then and it is awesome... even if it is in Alpha status as cjorgens79 states. Yet another great feature for this wonderful piece of software. Can't wait until the uploads are ported to the android and iOS versions as well.

I am currently using the PC version of RSDash with OVRdrop to display it in VR as well. I'll post the OVRdrop settings here at some point to help anyone wishing to set it up. Once OVRdrop is setup, RS Dash is brilliant in VR using a button mapping to turn it on and off when required.

cjorgens79
06-11-2017, 10:44
Hello cjorgens79,

Have you planned an update for the scrren of the iPhone X ?

That will require an upgrade of my current cross platform development environment which comes with its own complications (a number of things have changed with the new version which breaks existing compatibility with things like app stores). Since the RS Dash versions for all platforms are built from the same dev environment and code base i really cant do much with iPhone X until I am able to spend the time upgrading my tools and code to work with the new version.

Do you have an iPhone X, if so how does the app go on it at the moment? I assume it just effectively uses the square part of the screen excluding those funny shaped edge bits.

drizzit
06-11-2017, 16:38
A small request/suggestion for the windows version, would it be possible to add a "always on top" toggle? :)

cjorgens79
07-11-2017, 09:04
A small request/suggestion for the windows version, would it be possible to add a "always on top" toggle? :)

I just checked the cross platform SDK that the app is built upon and it doesn't look like it has an option to do that for the windows desktop build unfortunately.

rillo7105
07-11-2017, 09:43
What about auto login to the purchased app for the PC version?

JasonB
07-11-2017, 11:36
I just checked the cross platform SDK that the app is built upon and it doesn't look like it has an option to do that for the windows desktop build unfortunately.

Do you mind me asking which cross platform SDK you're using? I'm eval'ing several for work, so just curious. Xamarin?

drizzit
07-11-2017, 16:04

Ah well... thank you for looking into it :)

Brado23
07-11-2017, 22:31
As promised here are the settings I'm using for OVRdrop for anyone interested....

The settings in the bottom left corner may have to be adjusted slightly as this seems to change depending on how you have your room calibrated. I re-ran room setup and had to modify these afterwards.

My setup puts the RS Dash window in the bottom right corner of the screen angled towards the driver and tilted back when turned on. I have put it in that spot as it allows me to turn it on whilst driving when required and doesn't block my view. I have tilde mapped to a button on my wheel so I can turn it on and off while driving easily.

Nick86ITA
08-11-2017, 10:03
Hi to everyone,
awesome app, use it everytime I drive. But on broadcast mode it doesn't show the timing, maybe it's missing PjC2's API?

cjorgens79
08-11-2017, 10:45
What about auto login to the purchased app for the PC version?

can do, have noted it in my todo list

cjorgens79
08-11-2017, 10:55
Do you mind me asking which cross platform SDK you're using? I'm eval'ing several for work, so just curious. Xamarin?

I'm using Corona SDK, however if i was starting again i would probably use either Unity or possibly Xamarin, mainly for the fact they use C#, rather than Lua which corona uses. It all depends really on what your developing, corona is really for 2d games, unity now has 2d and 3d, but again primarily for games. For business apps I would probably use Xamarin, however I've only had very little experience with Xamarin so far so I'm not really familiar with its limitations or issues. Corona has been rock solid, very reliable and pretty good for this sort of stuff, however the lack of a strictly typed development environment is what would make me look elsewhere. Unity I've not used much, but a friend of mine made a pretty comprehensive game in it and i was quite impressed by the performance, it looks to be better than corona, plus you can code in c#, however i think some things were a bit harder for him to do in the 2d realm than corona. Xamarin is owned by microsoft now, they are putting alot of effort into tightly integrating it with VS, for my normal job we are building an rather large business app that will be cross platform. At the moment we are doing the windows version of it first, but the majority of the code is in .net standard class libraries so it can all be reused with Xamarin. It will really just be all the UI front end that will need to be done for the other platforms, the business logic and db are all portable. I intend to take a good look at Xamarin Forms to see if it will be suitable to save having to do separate UI for android and ios, but i dont know how well it works yet, but they seem to be pushing that quite a bit now.

cjorgens79
08-11-2017, 11:01
Hi to everyone,
awesome app, use it everytime I drive. But on broadcast mode it doesn't show the timing, maybe it's missing PjC2's API?

From what you have said, it sounds like you are using the the RS Transmitter to send the telemetry to your RS Dash device. Firstly why are you using the Shared Memory option over the UDP option, does the UDP option not work for you? The broadcast option in RS Transmitter is effectively the same as the UDP option in PCARS2, the only difference being it uses a subnet level broadcast instead of a global broadcast. The shared memory output (with or without broadcast enabled) is identical, the only difference between the options is the address it gets sent too, the telemetry data itself does not change. So when you say it doesnt show the timing, can you see the page but dont get any data, or is the page itself hidden from the app?

Fiz45
08-11-2017, 12:37
That will require an upgrade of my current cross platform development environment which comes with its own complications (a number of things have changed with the new version which breaks existing compatibility with things like app stores). Since the RS Dash versions for all platforms are built from the same dev environment and code base i really cant do much with iPhone X until I am able to spend the time upgrading my tools and code to work with the new version.

Do you have an iPhone X, if so how does the app go on it at the moment? I assume it just effectively uses the square part of the screen excluding those funny shaped edge bits.

Currently the iPhone X display is identical to an iPhone 4.7 inch but with big black borders on each side of the screen.

https://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_514237IMG7704.jpg (https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=514237IMG7704.jpg)https://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_490033IMG7705.jpg (https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=490033IMG7705.jpg)
https://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_302640IMG7706.jpg (https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=302640IMG7706.jpg)https://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_355050IMG7707.jpg (https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=355050IMG7707.jpg)

Nick86ITA
08-11-2017, 13:12
Not braodcast mode on the RS dash but on the PS4 version of the game, for the streaming the director/spectator mode.
I'm already using UDP on ps4. I get the page not the data.

cjorgens79
09-11-2017, 11:08
Not braodcast mode on the RS dash but on the PS4 version of the game, for the streaming the director/spectator mode.
I'm already using UDP on ps4. I get the page not the data.

Oh, I'm not familiar with that option, but it would not surprise me if the telemetry does not get output by the game during spectator/director mode. So if your not seeing any of the pages update at all while in that mode, but everything works fine while you are driving then that would be it. Do you have any other telemetry apps and if so do they have the same issue of not working while in that mode?

cjorgens79
09-11-2017, 11:10
Currently the iPhone X display is identical to an iPhone 4.7 inch but with big black borders on each side of the screen.

https://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_514237IMG7704.jpg (https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=514237IMG7704.jpg)https://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_490033IMG7705.jpg (https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=490033IMG7705.jpg)
https://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_302640IMG7706.jpg (https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=302640IMG7706.jpg)https://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_355050IMG7707.jpg (https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=355050IMG7707.jpg)

intestering, ill have to see what i can do about it once i am able to update my development environment.

cjorgens79
14-11-2017, 10:27
FYI I've been working on the revamped graph page. A couple of cool new features on it, Gforce-meter in the bottom right with heat map, the middle graph is a reference delta graph that shows how your tracking on this current lap (time wise) against your previous session best lap time. Also some other stats just for fun.

SpinnPaget
14-11-2017, 15:13
I LOOOOOOOOOVE that middle graph! That will be so handy trying to shave those fractions consistently!!!!

JohnSchoonsBeard
14-11-2017, 15:22
Is any new suspension data available in the new UDP stream?

jimmyb_84
14-11-2017, 16:21
FYI I've been working on the revamped graph page. A couple of cool new features on it, Gforce-meter in the bottom right with heat map, the middle graph is a reference delta graph that shows how your tracking on this current lap (time wise) against your previous session best lap time. Also some other stats just for fun.

The ability to set the reference time to a stored time or TT record would be amazing great or reviewing data

jimmyb_84
14-11-2017, 16:22
Is any new suspension data available in the new UDP stream?

yes ride height is now available the new data structure has been released.

cjorgens79
15-11-2017, 10:27
yes ride height is now available the new data structure has been released.

Ride height was in the old UDP telemetry struct too, not sure if it actually worked as i haven't looked at it, but its there.

@jsb i dont see any new suspension values, what were you looking for in particular?

re the new data structure, i dont know why that has been released as its currently not working properly and i believe there may still be significant changes to be made to the protocol structures. The SMS dev (martin) who is working on it has said he should soon have time to start working on it again, so hopefully we will see some movement on it in the near future.

cjorgens79
15-11-2017, 10:33
The ability to set the reference time to a stored time or TT record would be amazing great or reviewing data

Cant do it from a TT record, it is only possible from a lap you have set yourself as the app needs to create a snapshot of the telemetry data to work from to calculate this. At the moment the reference lap is always just the best one from your session, in future though i may look at integrating it with the online portal to allow the ref lap to be permanently stored and used at any time. In theory then you could also eventually be able to use a friends ref lap to compare.

The accuracy is also somewhat dependant on telemetry rate, so you want it to be as fast as possible to get the most accurate results.

cjorgens79
15-11-2017, 10:36
I LOOOOOOOOOVE that middle graph! That will be so handy trying to shave those fractions consistently!!!!

yeah its quite handy, i was testing with it last night and found it quite interesting as you can really see how much time you can lose making tiny errors. Eventually it would be nice to tie the data to the track location so you could see at what point in the lap a point on the graph represents.

JohnSchoonsBeard
15-11-2017, 10:54
@jsb i dont see any new suspension values, what were you looking for in particular?

I was hoping we might be able to see a history using the graph to see when the suspension bottoms out/hits bump stops

Cant do it from a TT record, it is only possible from a lap you have set yourself as the app needs to create a snapshot of the telemetry data to work from to calculate this. At the moment the reference lap is always just the best one from your session, in future though i may look at integrating it with the online portal to allow the ref lap to be permanently stored and used at any time. In theory then you could also eventually be able to use a friends ref lap to compare.

The accuracy is also somewhat dependant on telemetry rate, so you want it to be as fast as possible to get the most accurate results.

Is there any possibility of seeing our best times for each track/car within the app in future? I know we can see them by exporting them to the clipboard but it would be really convenient to not have to create a spreadsheet each time. Although maybe the RS Cloud is going to do that?

Cheers.

cjorgens79
15-11-2017, 11:54
I was hoping we might be able to see a history using the graph to see when the suspension bottoms out/hits bump stops

Is there any possibility of seeing our best times for each track/car within the app in future? I know we can see them by exporting them to the clipboard but it would be really convenient to not have to create a spreadsheet each time. Although maybe the RS Cloud is going to do that?

Cheers.

yep RS Cloud does all that, the next app release will allow everyone beta access to RS Cloud, currently its only available for the Window RS Dash users and beta testers.

jimmyb_84
15-11-2017, 16:15

thanks for the reply i like to set myself a target and see where i’m faster/slower its a great help for gaining speed.

i will buy your new version at some point still on pcars dash at the moment.

cjorgens79
16-11-2017, 11:56
new beta build is available for the testers on both iOS and Android with the new graph page in it :)

inthebagbud
16-11-2017, 12:42
new beta build is available for the testers on both iOS and Android with the new graph page in it :)

Will the new app work with Pcars 1 - I haven't moved to Pcars 2 yet but would like to use the graph function - Also assume this would be implemented in the windows app version as well?

Eventually it would be nice to tie the data to the track location so you could see at what point in the lap a point on the graph represents.

Yes YEs YES

cjorgens79
16-11-2017, 13:13
Will the new app work with Pcars 1 - I haven't moved to Pcars 2 yet but would like to use the graph function - Also assume this would be implemented in the windows app version as well?

Yes YEs YES

RS Dash does not support PCARS1 yet, I plan to do it when i get some time. Even though its the same UDP protocol, i do need to ensure app separation of the two versions for the online portal stuff, as obviously i dont want data recorded from PCARS1 being submitted under PCARS2 data or vice versa.

Yes the windows version of RS Dash will get all the same updates that the iOS/Android versions get.

cjorgens79
21-11-2017, 08:44
For anyone that hasn't noticed yet, RS Dash v2.0 is out on all platforms now which has the new graph page + optional beta access to the RS Cloud portal.

Brado23
21-11-2017, 09:35
For anyone that hasn't noticed yet, RS Dash v2.0 is out on all platforms now which has the new graph page + optional beta access to the RS Cloud portal.

Thanks! The new graph page is great and it is fantastic to have RS Cloud uploads on Android and iOS now too. This just keeps getting better and better! Great work.

Purg
23-11-2017, 04:09
I'm hoping the upcoming release of Oculus Dash allows this app to be overlayed in PC2. If so, I'll buy it immediately.

Brado23
23-11-2017, 04:14
I'm hoping the upcoming release of Oculus Dash allows this app to be overlayed in PC2. If so, I'll buy it immediately.

I already do that on the HTC Vive using OVRdrop (http://ovrdrop.hotrian.com/). Apparently it works with the Rift as well but haven't tried it.

For settings, see my post in this thread where i listed screenshots of my OVRdrop config.

Purg
23-11-2017, 07:41
Apparently it works with the Rift as well but haven't tried it.

I've read that it doesn't work - would prefer to wait a couple of weeks to see if Oculus native software does the job before I drop money on OVRdrop.

satco1066
23-11-2017, 21:43
for Oculus try HELLO_V
http://www.hellov.io/

torsteinvh
24-11-2017, 09:19
Really like the new graph page!

But is it possible to switch screens in the app with a keyboard/button box in addition to controller buttons?

cjorgens79
24-11-2017, 11:01
Really like the new graph page!

But is it possible to switch screens in the app with a keyboard/button box in addition to controller buttons?

Glad to hear it.

Re switching screens, with the consoles only the controllers can be used as this is the only information that the game outputs for the app to detect. With the Windows PC version of the app, the app can use any controller, keyboard or button box connected to the same computer the app is running on.

jimmyb_84
24-11-2017, 20:36
I have made a purchase although will be working the next four night, cannot wait to test it.

Yak
25-11-2017, 18:13
I installed RS Dash and bought licence (android) for Pcars 2 at early october. Now I installed the PC version and registered an account. Do I need to buy another licence for windows version as I'm not seeing any option how to use that licence bought on Google Play Store?

ELAhrairah
25-11-2017, 20:55
Hello developer and users.
I bought the Pcars1 version and looking at this version for Pcars2 I do not see a lot of change.
Am I right to assume this?
Which exact new features of this version makes a purchase worth it? Does it have any new features, screens etc.?

satco1066
25-11-2017, 20:58
e.g all new tracks are inside

cjorgens79
25-11-2017, 22:50
I installed RS Dash and bought licence (android) for Pcars 2 at early october. Now I installed the PC version and registered an account. Do I need to buy another licence for windows version as I'm not seeing any option how to use that licence bought on Google Play Store?

Unfortunately Apple and Google do not allow the sharing of their app licenses with other platforms as it would mean one of them would miss out on their cut of the sale, so yes the windows version is a separate license.

cjorgens79
25-11-2017, 22:53
Hello developer and users.
I bought the Pcars1 version and looking at this version for Pcars2 I do not see a lot of change.
Am I right to assume this?
Which exact new features of this version makes a purchase worth it? Does it have any new features, screens etc.?

The graph page has been completely revamped (scroll to the bottom of https://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash to see information about it, or just go back a couple of pages in this thread where i posted a big screenshot of it). RS Dash also has integration with our online portal for tracking your race results. There are also numerous other tweaks and improvements over pCars Dash, for example the map page has some timing information now also shown on the leaderboard. As satco also said, the maps for all the new tracks are also in RS Dash.

Yak
25-11-2017, 23:17
Unfortunately Apple and Google do not allow the sharing of their app licenses with other platforms as it would mean one of them would miss out on their cut of the sale, so yes the windows version is a separate license.
Thanks for clearing that out. Appreciating your work, RS Dash is great piece of software and few euros for PC licence is very reasonable.

ELAhrairah
26-11-2017, 00:25
The graph page has been completely revamped (scroll to the bottom of https://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash to see information about it, or just go back a couple of pages in this thread where i posted a big screenshot of it). RS Dash also has integration with our online portal for tracking your race results. There are also numerous other tweaks and improvements over pCars Dash, for example the map page has some timing information now also shown on the leaderboard. As satco also said, the maps for all the new tracks are also in RS Dash.

I always liked the graphical design details within your app. Looks very smooth and pro.

Why not add a few real life huds? I miss this option in many of the apps out there.

Take the big race series: Lmp, dpi, F1, GTE. Etc. . And add those.

I'll be happy to pay a few bucks more.

These type of huds for example:

transfix
26-11-2017, 16:17
Hey Craig,

I updated my router yesterday and tried running RS Dash but PCars 2 is not recognizing it. Works fine on F1 2017. I’m wondering if PCars is still using the older IP address. Unlike F1 2017 where I can manually plug in the IP address. Any ideas?

satco1066
26-11-2017, 22:16
if you use UDP, there should be no problem. It uses broadcasts.
if you use shared memory, you'll have to enter the new IP address manually into the RS-Transmitter

transfix
27-11-2017, 00:22
if you use UDP, there should be no problem. It uses broadcasts.
if you use shared memory, you'll have to enter the new IP address manually into the RS-Transmitter

I can’t access the option to select UDP nor Shared Memory. I am on Xbox.

FYI the new router is the Asus AC3100 in case there is a setting I need to change/Disable

cjorgens79
27-11-2017, 09:46
I canít access the option to select UDP nor Shared Memory. I am on Xbox.

FYI the new router is the Asus AC3100 in case there is a setting I need to change/Disable

Just to clarify when you said you updated your router, i assume you got a new router, rather than just updated the firmware of an existing router?

I hate to say this, but i think you may be screwed. I have an ASUS DSL-AC68U, and while its a really good router, it does not work AT ALL with project cars telemetry, it just blocks all 255.255.255.255 traffic which is what PCARS uses for its telemetry. F1 2017 works fine because you can specify the IP, but unfortunately you cant do that in PCARS2. I have pleaded with SMS to add this option, as every other racing sim with telemetry has it, and its needed for exactly this reason, so I'm really hoping they will sort this out as it causes so many compatibility issues, 99% of all support i get for my app relates to this :(

You can confirm that this is the problem by setting the IP address in F1 2017 to 255.255.255.255 and see if all your telemetry stops in that too.

I've tried a number of times to get ASUS to resolve this but havent had any luck, I don't think they support people have any idea what im talking about. They tried to help over email support, but in the end i got nowhere and they just tried to fob me off to phone support but with the timezone difference and my working hours im never home during their support hours, so its pretty stupid. It is still probably worth contacting them and seeing if you have any more luck, maybe the support techs in your country are more knowledgable. Basically just tell them that the router is blocking UDP packets sent to the 255.255.255.255 address from being sent to wifi clients, and you need this to work for your gaming.

Brado23
27-11-2017, 09:57
I hate to say this, but i think you may be screwed. I have an ASUS DSL-AC68U, and while its a really good router, it does not work AT ALL with project cars telemetry, it just blocks all 255.255.255.255 traffic which is what PCARS uses for its telemetry. F1 2017 works fine because you can specify the IP, but unfortunately you cant do that in PCARS2. I have pleaded with SMS to add this option, as every other racing sim with telemetry has it, and its needed for exactly this reason, so I'm really hoping they will sort this out as it causes so many compatibility issues, 99% of all support i get for my app relates to this :(

Are you one of the WMD testers Craig? Hopefully they have added this to the upcoming patch? If you are a tester you would already know the answer, so I suspect you aren't? Adding an IP instead of using broadcast would help me too with iPad problems with UDP telemetry.

cjorgens79
27-11-2017, 10:48
Are you one of the WMD testers Craig? Hopefully they have added this to the upcoming patch? If you are a tester you would already know the answer, so I suspect you aren't? Adding an IP instead of using broadcast would help me too with iPad problems with UDP telemetry.

Nope I am not. Re your iPad, have you tried the "Use Legacy NetCode" option in RS Dash, this can help with iOS devices (make sure UDP rate is set to 1 in game).

cjorgens79
27-11-2017, 10:54
@Mods, i have only just noticed that the dev forum has been put into read only mode, so obviously there wont be further discussions on their with Martin re the new UDP protocol that he indicated he would be working on again soon. Is he going to start a new UDP protocol thread and API protocol thread (stickied) and official feedback thread (also stickied) in this forum like we had in the dev one or will the other ones get transferred across to this one?

transfix
27-11-2017, 11:17
Yes I did change my router. Was using the Apple AirPort Extreme no problems at all. Figured I try out a different brand but it’s been such a pain in the you know what. Either getting double Nat, connection issues and now UDP problems. I think I might just switch back.
We can try and send Martin a private message over on the other forum.

P.S I tried the legacy code but the iPad/iPhone still won’t work.

cjorgens79
27-11-2017, 11:34
Yes I did change my router. Was using the Apple AirPort Extreme no problems at all. Figured I try out a different brand but it’s been such a pain in the you know what. Either getting double Nat, connection issues and now UDP problems. I think I might just switch back.
We can try and send Martin a private message over on the other forum.

P.S I tried the legacy code but the iPad/iPhone still won’t work.

Yeah you might need to switch back, or run both (with one configured purely as an AP).

The legacy netcode wont help with no signal at all, it only helps to improve lag issues in some situations.

transfix
27-11-2017, 11:39
Do you have the demo to check if it has been added? Also how do you have your Asus setup to your modem? Access Point or Wireless Router mode? I currently have ti set as an Access Point

cjorgens79
27-11-2017, 12:23
Do you have the demo to check if it has been added? Also how do you have your Asus setup to your modem? Access Point or Wireless Router mode? I currently have ti set as an Access Point

Nope, don't have the demo. My asus is running as a wireless router, shouldn't really make any difference though as its a LAN (local network) issue anyway, so not related to the WAN (internet) side of things. I have a feeling that it used to work back when i first got it, i think it got broken after a firmware update. I have been meaning to reset mine back to factory default firmware, but so far havent had the time and also haven't been game as its not a standard procedure on these routers and i really cant afford to have it sh!t itself on me so i havent touched it yet. I play on PC with PCARS2 and RS Dash, so it gets the telemetry ok through the PC's local loopback, i just cant use any of my tablets though as that all has to go through the router.

transfix
27-11-2017, 12:43
Too bad we can't get some info on whether or not it has been added. My return deadline is tomorrow otherwise I'm stuck with it.

JohnSchoonsBeard
27-11-2017, 13:47
@Mods, i have only just noticed that the dev forum has been put into read only mode, so obviously there wont be further discussions on their with Martin re the new UDP protocol that he indicated he would be working on again soon. Is he going to start a new UDP protocol thread and API protocol thread (stickied) and official feedback thread (also stickied) in this forum like we had in the dev one or will the other ones get transferred across to this one?

Go to the root of this forum and go to The WMD Lounge (bottom forum). You might have luck there.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forum.php

transfix
27-11-2017, 15:37
So I decided to return the Asus and go back to my trusty Airport Extreme.

torsteinvh
28-11-2017, 11:39
@cjorgens79:
Love your app, and use it all the time. I have a small feature request:
Have you considered making a smaller version of the Timing Page(s)?

I have a mobile phone attached behind my wheel and a 'Timing Page Lite' formatted for mobile phones, showing the race leader and the two or three cars directly ahead and behind you would be quite useful :)

Brado23
28-11-2017, 20:03
Hi Craig,

Just to let you know, I get this message on RS Transmitter 2.0 now after updating to the latest pCars 2 Patch...

Also, they still haven't added the ability to send to an IP address rather than using a broadcast in the latest patch :(

cjorgens79
29-11-2017, 10:44
@cjorgens79:
Love your app, and use it all the time. I have a small feature request:
Have you considered making a smaller version of the Timing Page(s)?

I have a mobile phone attached behind my wheel and a 'Timing Page Lite' formatted for mobile phones, showing the race leader and the two or three cars directly ahead and behind you would be quite useful :)

I've added your request to my list of things to do, seems like it would be a good additional for phone users.

torsteinvh
29-11-2017, 10:48
^
Excellent, thank you :)

cjorgens79
29-11-2017, 10:51
Hi Craig,

Just to let you know, I get this message on RS Transmitter 2.0 now after updating to the latest pCars 2 Patch...

Also, they still haven't added the ability to send to an IP address rather than using a broadcast in the latest patch :(

Seriously...? :(

They've closed the dev portal threads (made them read only), and there is no Shared Memory or UDP telemetry threads for PCARS2 on this forum that i can find, and then they go and make changes to the PCARS2 Shared Memory structure without telling anyone. What are they expecting us third party developers to do, guess the changes? At this point I have no idea whether it will work reliably or not, without the protocol spec there is nothing i can do at the moment <sigh>

eracerhead
29-11-2017, 10:56
I didn’t have a problem with it last night. Maybe the patch just changed his default UDP/shared memory channel?

cjorgens79
29-11-2017, 10:57
I didn’t have a problem with it last night. Maybe the patch just changed his default UDP/shared memory channel?

Are you using Shared Memory mode with RS Transmitter or just UDP mode?

cjorgens79
29-11-2017, 11:18
I have confirmed the shared memory error in RS Transmitter too with patch v1.3, so it appears that they have changed the shared memory in some way. I have started a thread requesting the latest protocol specs from SMS for this

JohnSchoonsBeard
29-11-2017, 12:20
Hi.

I connected to the rs cloud for the first time this morning. I drove a few sessions at Brands Hatch Indy the first three in the LaFerrari and the last one in the Ferrari 288 GTO the cloud shows all sessions having been done in LaFerrari. I don't think I restarted the game in between the sessions but can't be 100% sure.

I did some laps following the 288 in the latest time trial and that correctly identified everything.

My user name is the same as here but I can send you my email address. I think I registered with a different email address to my Google play account.

On ps4 version 2.0

Practice
Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 11:20 AM
Track: Brands Hatch (Indy)
Car: Ferrari LaFerrari (Road A)
Total Laps Completed: 17
Total Distance Covered: 32.72 km

Practice
Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 11:53 AM
Total Laps Completed: 4
Total Distance Covered: 7.7 km
Practice
Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 11:53 AM
Total Laps Completed: 4
Total Distance Covered: 7.7 km
Practice (should be the Ferrari 288)
Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 12:14 PM
Total Laps Completed: 9
Total Distance Covered: 17.32 km

jimmyb_84
29-11-2017, 18:13
I finally got round to using RS Dash today, the new features are fantastic and all my times uploaded to the portal quickly for my review, very impressed. I know the portal is in it’s early form so no requests for features from me as i’m sure you’ve already thought of it.

The new graph page is a great add on and i particularly love the middle graph showing lap speed based on fastest session lap or PB, my only request would be the ability to review this data. It’s extremely useful to figure out where you are faster or slower particularly if you’ve tried a different gear or turn in point. Great stuff keep up the excellent work. Worth every penny!

jimmyb_84
29-11-2017, 21:50
I love the portal so handy for reviewing lap times and consistency, I had one pit stop and 3 bad laps, the last one cost me the win! not happy

cjorgens79
30-11-2017, 11:45
Hi.

I connected to the rs cloud for the first time this morning. I drove a few sessions at Brands Hatch Indy the first three in the LaFerrari and the last one in the Ferrari 288 GTO the cloud shows all sessions having been done in LaFerrari. I don't think I restarted the game in between the sessions but can't be 100% sure.

I did some laps following the 288 in the latest time trial and that correctly identified everything.

My user name is the same as here but I can send you my email address. I think I registered with a different email address to my Google play account.

On ps4 version 2.0

Ok thanks for letting me know. I have some ideas about what may have happened, the strings data in the telemetry from PCARS can be a bit flakey during session changes so its probably accidently picked up the wrong strings or there has been some UDP packet loss on the network and the strings changes were missed resulting in the previous sessions ones still being loaded. I've got some ideas how to resolve it, so ill implement them and hopefully that sorts it out.

Ive corrected your session data btw, so it should show the right car now.

cjorgens79
30-11-2017, 12:13
I finally got round to using RS Dash today, the new features are fantastic and all my times uploaded to the portal quickly for my review, very impressed. I know the portal is in it’s early form so no requests for features from me as i’m sure you’ve already thought of it.

The new graph page is a great add on and i particularly love the middle graph showing lap speed based on fastest session lap or PB, my only request would be the ability to review this data. It’s extremely useful to figure out where you are faster or slower particularly if you’ve tried a different gear or turn in point. Great stuff keep up the excellent work. Worth every penny!

Happy to hear your ideas, please send them though. That applies to anyone re the portal, open to suggestions as it will help guide the ongoing direction.

There is a fair bit of info I have stored which i havent made use of yet, so ill list some of it as it might give you some other ideas.

On a "per session" basis i also have things like
- position the player started from
- position the player finished
- num players at the start
- num players remaining at the end (this can be misleading somewhat though due to MP games users disconnecting as soon as they finish)
- ambient and track temp at the start of the session
- starting fuel level
- starting tyre pressures
- starting tyre temps

On a "per lap" basis i also have things like
- ambient and track temp at the end of each lap (so changes to ambient/track temps could be graphed per lap)
- whether the player went into or left the pit on the lap
- whether the player encountered a yellow flag during the lap
- whether the player went off track during the lap
- whether the player had contact during the lap
- damage level of suspension, aero, engine, transmission at the end of each lap
- fuel level at the end of each lap, and fuel use for that lap
- tire pressures at the end of each lap
- tire temps at the end of each lap
- tire wear at the end of each lap
- min, max and avg speed per lap

cjorgens79
30-11-2017, 12:16
I love the portal so handy for reviewing lap times and consistency, I had one pit stop and 3 bad laps, the last one cost me the win! not happy

haha pressure of being the race leader got to you on the last lap hey ;) good effort though, that's an hour of solid racing to keep your focus.

I need to fix that label overlapping issue when there are a large number of laps.

JohnSchoonsBeard
30-11-2017, 15:28
Ok thanks for letting me know. I have some ideas about what may have happened, the strings data in the telemetry from PCARS can be a bit flakey during session changes so its probably accidently picked up the wrong strings or there has been some UDP packet loss on the network and the strings changes were missed resulting in the previous sessions ones still being loaded. I've got some ideas how to resolve it, so ill implement them and hopefully that sorts it out.

Ive corrected your session data btw, so it should show the right car now.

Wow thanks. Can you also edit my times to prove I'm the greatest driver in the world please?

cjorgens79
01-12-2017, 07:41
Hi Craig,

I have posted an updated RS Transmitter v2.0a which is up to date with the latest shared memory structure here (https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApGj0SbKlZGjg1p1pXySAjHBqjmH) which will resolve the warning you are seeing since the v1.3 patch.

jimmyb_84
01-12-2017, 09:09
haha pressure of being the race leader got to you on the last lap hey ;) good effort though, that's an hour of solid racing to keep your focus.

I need to fix that label overlapping issue when there are a large number of laps.

Ye setting like that also the Mrs wanted to tell me something just at that point too. Is it possible to display an average lap time?

I cannot play without your app now its part of the experience.

cjorgens79
01-12-2017, 09:17
Ye setting like that also the Mrs wanted to tell me something just at that point too. Is it possible to display an average lap time?

I cannot play without your app now its part of the experience.

yeah i know that one too, they don't understand the level of concentration needed so will happily come to interrupt you mid race with something completely unimportant lol

average for the session or average against all laps completed with that track/car combo? Including or excluding outliers (ie if you have a single lap that is way off due to a spin or crash or something, would you want that as part of the average?)

jimmyb_84
01-12-2017, 14:04
yeah i know that one too, they don't understand the level of concentration needed so will happily come to interrupt you mid race with something completely unimportant lol

average for the session or average against all laps completed with that track/car combo? Including or excluding outliers (ie if you have a single lap that is way off due to a spin or crash or something, would you want that as part of the average?)

Yes they have no idea, It's ok I'll get her back when she's trying to kill bowser on Mario Odyssey :)

Average for session I think, not sure if including all is better gives a better representation of lap times rather than just removing the bad laps, I suppose if you can exclude the pit stop laps and leave everything else that would probably work best. Still loving the portal been reviewing all my sessions.

AndrewTurner
02-12-2017, 20:10
Awesome work on the app, use it every time I race.

This is really frustrating finally having a decent racing game and I'm unable to get any documentation or access to the WMD forum. I'm trying to develop an interface in C# to drive my arduino boards but need the access to the forum or documentation.

cjorgens79
02-12-2017, 23:22
Awesome work on the app, use it every time I race.

This is really frustrating finally having a decent racing game and I'm unable to get any documentation or access to the WMD forum. I'm trying to develop an interface in C# to drive my arduino boards but need the access to the forum or documentation.

The api doco is here (https://www.projectcarsgame.com/project-cars-2-api.html?lang=en), ignore the PCARS 2 UDP protocol though as that doco is already out of date plus the protocol is still in development. I would use the PCARS 1 UDP protocol for the moment, or shared memory (both protocols for this work well, although the PC2 shared memory one is now also out of date but mr_belowski has posted the changes on another thread for them.

cjorgens79
02-12-2017, 23:28
Has anyone here got an ASUS router like the AC-DSL68U that is working fine with the UDP protocol?

cjorgens79
03-12-2017, 10:52
Updated the portal today, so a few extra graphs are now available for each session to go along with the existing lap charts. You can also export all the grid data to xlsx as well if you so wish.

chris99
03-12-2017, 11:45
On the portal, the summary pages don't display data any more, just the total laps & distance - "Tracks you have raced on" etc are blank.

cjorgens79
03-12-2017, 12:54
On the portal, the summary pages don't display data any more, just the total laps & distance - "Tracks you have raced on" etc are blank.

oops, sorry fixed now

edcwhite
03-12-2017, 15:43
That applies to anyone re the portal, open to suggestions as it will help guide the ongoing direction.

Would it be possible for more race data to be presented? In particular I would like to have the full race position and/or gaps between players (and AI) for the duration of the race? This would be much like what simresults.net does for online racing in PC1.

jimmyb_84
03-12-2017, 18:56
Updated the portal today, so a few extra graphs are now available for each session to go along with the existing lap charts. You can also export all the grid data to xlsx as well if you so wish.

Loving the update just checked. Tire wear, temps track/car and the labels for lap times excellent stuff. I'm sure you've already got it hidden but any chance of tyre pressure over the race distance too?
It turns out I barely wear out my tyres, only 7% wear after 21 laps, I need to be more aggressive on shorter races.

cjorgens79
04-12-2017, 10:10
Would it be possible for more race data to be presented? In particular I would like to have the full race position and/or gaps between players (and AI) for the duration of the race? This would be much like what simresults.net does for online racing in PC1.

I'm not familiar with the simresults site, can you post an example of what you are looking for just as a reference and i'll see what i can do. Currently I don't track lap by lap opponent data, only final results, but it is something that could be considered

cjorgens79
04-12-2017, 10:13
Loving the update just checked. Tire wear, temps track/car and the labels for lap times excellent stuff. I'm sure you've already got it hidden but any chance of tyre pressure over the race distance too?
It turns out I barely wear out my tyres, only 7% wear after 21 laps, I need to be more aggressive on shorter races.

I've now added a tyre pressure graph to the portal. Re the wear, the graph is currently "real wear" on the 0-100% scale, the game itself uses a 50% wear model, ie the tire widget in game shows completely worn out at 50% of actual possible wear. I may need to consider showing it in that mode for PCARS, or having an option to toggle it at least.

edcwhite
04-12-2017, 11:23
I'm not familiar with the simresults site, can you post an example of what you are looking for just as a reference and i'll see what i can do. Currently I don't track lap by lap opponent data, only final results, but it is something that could be considered

Race Positions:

Gaps:

cjorgens79
04-12-2017, 11:32
First one is what i was thinking of when you posted your query, second one seems like quite a useful one too. I think that should be possible, i've got RS Dash tracking most of that stuff for all opponents currently anyway, so would just need to add the missing bits and have it push up to the portal.

edcwhite
04-12-2017, 11:35
First one is what i was thinking of when you posted your query, second one seems like quite a useful one too. I think that should be possible, i've got RS Dash tracking most of that stuff for all opponents currently anyway, so would just need to add the missing bits and have it push up to the portal.

That would be fantastic! Thanks!

jimmyb_84
04-12-2017, 15:14
I've now added a tyre pressure graph to the portal. Re the wear, the graph is currently "real wear" on the 0-100% scale, the game itself uses a 50% wear model, ie the tire widget in game shows completely worn out at 50% of actual possible wear. I may need to consider showing it in that mode for PCARS, or having an option to toggle it at least.

you are my new favourite person in the world! I’ll take a look at the data later. the portal is fantastic great work.

repsol23
04-12-2017, 16:05
Noob question here. So I finally set up the cloud on my shield tablet that I run the app on, but is there any way to access the portal using my windows laptop? I have looked on the site and thru this thread but can't seem to locate any information regarding this. I was hoping to look over my lap information while I am here at work during the down times. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

SpinnPaget
04-12-2017, 16:34
rscloud DOT pocketplayground DOT net

(I haven't had enough posts to be allowed to post a full link yet)

I just finished doing the same thing! (In case my bosses are reading this, I was on a break at work, I swear!)

The info getting captured in the cloud is awesome - and it's still pre-alpha stage!

jimmyb_84
04-12-2017, 19:21
Noob question here. So I finally set up the cloud on my shield tablet that I run the app on, but is there any way to access the portal using my windows laptop? I have looked on the site and thru this thread but can't seem to locate any information regarding this. I was hoping to look over my lap information while I am here at work during the down times. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

just in case
https://rscloud.pocketplayground.net/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2FSessionHistory

Rossi46 (NL)
04-12-2017, 19:44

I am logged in to the RScloud website but i can't see any graphs.......or do you mean the graphs on the RSdash app??

SpinnPaget
04-12-2017, 20:03
Top(ish) left, under the icons, it should say Project Cars 2. Expand (using the arrow or double-click) to get a data set, and the graphs should appear in the main pane.

Of course, this all assume you were logged in on the app while running laps :)

Be warned once you get it working - these graphs are dangerous to your free time!

As a numbers-wonk, this already has me salivating. And it doesn't help I use this kind of data for my day job... oh the things I could do with these numbers!

repsol23
04-12-2017, 22:33
I hear you. I am the superviser for a math tutoring center at our local university. I crunch numbers for fun so I can always say I am doing something work related. Lol.

cjorgens79
05-12-2017, 12:41
I am logged in to the RScloud website but i can't see any graphs.......or do you mean the graphs on the RSdash app??

You need to have been logged into the RS Dash app while doing laps/sessions, once completed they will upload to the server within a few minutes usually. Make sure you have the app set to upload your session results (there is a display on the main page as to whether this is enabled or not). Then on the website, just login then click "View my racing history", then select the arrow next to the game name on the left and drill down to the session you want to look at.

Purg
07-12-2017, 03:17
Just bought the app, love the session history! Is there a way to grab and view telemetry of those sessions in the history or your just completed session while PC2 is not running?

Oculus Dash kind of sort of does what I was looking for previously. If you run the app on a 2nd monitor you can pin that screen within PC2 and set it off into a corner. Would be better if you could just pin the app but don't know if it requires PC2 to be Dash enabled or the app.

cjorgens79
07-12-2017, 10:54
Just bought the app, love the session history! Is there a way to grab and view telemetry of those sessions in the history or your just completed session while PC2 is not running?

Oculus Dash kind of sort of does what I was looking for previously. If you run the app on a 2nd monitor you can pin that screen within PC2 and set it off into a corner. Would be better if you could just pin the app but don't know if it requires PC2 to be Dash enabled or the app.

The detailed telemetry is not stored in the cloud, so its not possible to do what you have asked. The telemetry stream itself generates about 5mb per minute of data, so not its not practical to store online in a detailed form.

torsteinvh
08-12-2017, 11:09
Wow, just wow :D
Racing History is fantastic, finally got around to try it yesterday, and it is very helpful to see all the data accumulated during a session.

cjorgens79
12-12-2017, 10:00
New race progression charts are coming along nicely, still have a few issues to iron out though in the data collection side of things

edcwhite
13-12-2017, 10:30
New race progression charts are coming along nicely, still have a few issues to iron out though in the data collection side of things

You just made my day :)

Awesome work!

inthebagbud
13-12-2017, 12:44
I have recently converted to RS from pCars Dash and I have to say the online information is preety fantastic and provide information in an easy to view format an dallows you to hone in on the information you require rather than tryingto wade through loads of graphs/information.

My initial thoughts are

1. Would there be a way to download all info relating to say a session - I can see that you can download the individual parts one at a time - but per session would be nice
2. When you download/print the session info it would be nice to have the session info so you could go back and find it online again if you wanted to refer to it later?
3. Is there away to delete session info?
4. Is there any plans to capture any car setup information or does the UDP not allow this
5. Also some ideas below for the timing screen with a little more info relative to other driver and weather info in bar chart form - not sure how easy or not just food for thought

Keep up the great work

3chris333
13-12-2017, 14:44
Hello, this is my first post so forgive me if it is in the wrong section.

Loved pCars Dash and now use RS Dash for PC2. Currently I run the app on my phone but its too small to be practical.

Is it possible to run RS Dash on my laptop to pick up the data from my PS4? I have tried but haven't been able to get it to work (it doesn't seem to pick up any data from the PS4) - not sure if I need to do something or if it won't work in that way.

cjorgens79
14-12-2017, 11:50
I have recently converted to RS from pCars Dash and I have to say the online information is preety fantastic and provide information in an easy to view format an dallows you to hone in on the information you require rather than tryingto wade through loads of graphs/information.

My initial thoughts are

1. Would there be a way to download all info relating to say a session - I can see that you can download the individual parts one at a time - but per session would be nice
2. When you download/print the session info it would be nice to have the session info so you could go back and find it online again if you wanted to refer to it later?
3. Is there away to delete session info?
4. Is there any plans to capture any car setup information or does the UDP not allow this
5. Also some ideas below for the timing screen with a little more info relative to other driver and weather info in bar chart form - not sure how easy or not just food for thought

Keep up the great work

1. Not sure on this one, I would need to investigate further. The realm of web development is still pretty new to me so I'm still learning a lot as i go.
2. This is sort of tied in to the first answer, the current chart exports are built into the charting controls. I could probably add a date/time/session stamp to them which would show up in the exported image for the charts at least, not sure how much they can be customized further.
3. Not yet, but I will add a way to delete or hide a session in the future.
4. Unfortunately the UDP protocol does not really provide much in the realm of car setup info
5. Changing the air/track temp charts to bar graphs is simple enough, we dont get humidity or pressure from the api. The timing chart currently is a bit space restricted (as the app needs to work for all devices so i have to work to a minimum resolution of 640x960 (iPhone4), which means wide screen (or tall phone) devices probably have a bit of extra unused space.). What are the V1, V2 and VF fields representing in that timing graph, its probably something obvious, but its getting late here and im tired :)

cjorgens79
14-12-2017, 11:54
Hello, this is my first post so forgive me if it is in the wrong section.

Loved pCars Dash and now use RS Dash for PC2. Currently I run the app on my phone but its too small to be practical.

Is it possible to run RS Dash on my laptop to pick up the data from my PS4? I have tried but haven't been able to get it to work (it doesn't seem to pick up any data from the PS4) - not sure if I need to do something or if it won't work in that way.

Yes you can certainly do that. Sounds like your laptop might not be on the same network as your PS4 and phone, perhaps its connected to a guest wifi network instead of your internal wifi network. Check the IP address of your laptop and compare it with your phone and PS4. They should all start with the same three numbers, eg the PS4 might be something like 192.168.100.15, in which case your phone would be 192.168.100.xx (where xx is a number between 1 and 254 but not the same as any other device on your network) so your PC would also need to start with 192.168.100.xx

If the IP addresses are fine, then its probably just a firewall issue. If you use windows firewall or a 3rd party firewall then make sure you add an exception for the RS Dash application or alternative unblock UDP Port 5606 (you could temporarily turn your firewall off as a test to see if this is the problem).

inthebagbud
14-12-2017, 12:42
1. Not sure on this one, I would need to investigate further. The realm of web development is still pretty new to me so I'm still learning a lot as i go.
2. This is sort of tied in to the first answer, the current chart exports are built into the charting controls. I could probably add a date/time/session stamp to them which would show up in the exported image for the charts at least, not sure how much they can be customized further.
3. Not yet, but I will add a way to delete or hide a session in the future.
4. Unfortunately the UDP protocol does not really provide much in the realm of car setup info
5. Changing the air/track temp charts to bar graphs is simple enough, we dont get humidity or pressure from the api. The timing chart currently is a bit space restricted (as the app needs to work for all devices so i have to work to a minimum resolution of 640x960 (iPhone4), which means wide screen (or tall phone) devices probably have a bit of extra unused space.). What are the V1, V2 and VF fields representing in that timing graph, its probably something obvious, but its getting late here and im tired :)

Thanks for the reply ans as I said these are just suggestions - wonder if and when Pcars UDP is actually propoerly implemented we will get more info

The V is for the speed at that sector line presume V stands for velocity as S for speed cant be used

The attached document may give you more ideas on ways to output information - which is what a timiming company output for race events

Purg
14-12-2017, 22:44
Given the history being kept, would it be possible to extract best lap times for each car at each track for practice, qualify and race?

Don’t care about changing weather or track conditions, just my quickest laps recorded for each car.

cjorgens79
15-12-2017, 07:21
Given the history being kept, would it be possible to extract best lap times for each car at each track for practice, qualify and race?

Don’t care about changing weather or track conditions, just my quickest laps recorded for each car.

If you haven't noticed already, it does already give you that (but not per session type) if you click on the header for the car or track you want to see the info for.

Ie if you click on the track name (in the session selection list on the left), you will see all your best times from all cars you've used on that track. Conversely if you click on the car instead you will get the best lap times you've set at each track in that car. You will need to change the filter using the buttons at the top to car or track to see those selection options though.

Purg
15-12-2017, 07:45
Maybe it's just me and I'm missing something. If I click on track or car, I have to drill down into menus that offer individual sessions. There's no screen that shows best laps for each car per track..?

jimmyb_84
15-12-2017, 08:08
Maybe it's just me and I'm missing something. If I click on track or car, I have to drill down into menus that offer individual sessions. There's no screen that shows best laps for each car per track..?

If your using a mobile phone your missing half the screen try visiting the website from a laptop or PC you’ll find what your looking for.

Purg
15-12-2017, 08:28
That's just a snip from the LHS of a website on PC.

Maybe I'm not being clear. I can drill into *that session*. I'd like to see if I ran 500 sessions on a track, my fastest times per car.

jimmyb_84
15-12-2017, 14:58
from the screen your on click in the track name (not the arrow that drills down) you should see something similar to my screen shot

there are headers that i’ve cut off mine but you can sort via headers too.

Purg
15-12-2017, 21:37
Aha! Thanks. I don't think I'd ever have found that! I'm too used to arrow meaning drill down only.

cjorgens79
16-12-2017, 10:43
That's just a snip from the LHS of a website on PC.

Maybe I'm not being clear. I can drill into *that session*. I'd like to see if I ran 500 sessions on a track, my fastest times per car.

It does tell you how to view for car or track on the "How to use" section in the screenshot you posted hehe, that whole interface will probably get reworked to something better at some point though anyway

Purg
16-12-2017, 21:27
It does tell you how to view for car or track on the "How to use" section in the screenshot you posted hehe, that whole interface will probably get reworked to something better at some point though anyway

I'm used to dealing with products that don't show info when you're drilling down deep into what you want (I service equipment that works like this in order to show you the relationships of attached devices). So I'm probably skewed because of past experience.

senna94f1
17-12-2017, 21:50
I am pleased I can use the original dashboard app from Pcars 1 on ps4,

Why would I want to spend another £5 to get very similar app again,

I don't want to say too much in case developer decides to do away with my current app,

I think it great we can use original dashboard app for Pcars 2 ,

cjorgens79
18-12-2017, 04:44

I don't want to say too much in case developer decides to do away with my current app,

I wont be doing away with pCars Dash, it will remain there for PCARS1 users and also those who want to use it with PCARS2 in compatibility mode. They obviously wont get any of the new features already in RS Dash (new graph screen with gforce meter, stats, live lap delta graph) or integration with the new web portal which stores the race results and session analysis in the cloud. pCars Dash users also wont get any additional telemetry information that becomes available when the PCARS2 UDP protocol is finished.

JohnSchoonsBeard
19-12-2017, 15:03

I can only recommend the new app. The potential to record the details of every session is brilliant. It opens up the statistics of the game so much and it works really well. That feature alone is worth the upgrade.

rillo7105
21-12-2017, 07:09
Just love the Race statistics! Great work! Is it possible to add some columns for Total Race Time, Delta, Pit Stops and What Car was raced on? And the Weather slots in the Top Left info box?

cjorgens79
21-12-2017, 12:02
Just love the Race statistics! Great work! Is it possible to add some columns for Total Race Time, Delta, Pit Stops and What Car was raced on? And the Weather slots in the Top Left info box?

Race time + delta will be added and i should be able to do pits stops too. The players car is listed already at the top, however the opponent car cannot be listed as that information is not provided in the telemetry currently. Weather slots are also not available, at best it might be possible to detect if there was rain in the session or not, but i dont think we get any more information than that re weather.

justonce68
21-12-2017, 19:12
I can't seem to get rid of the bad lag on mine, I'm using a BT smart hub6

cjorgens79
21-12-2017, 23:36
I can't seem to get rid of the bad lag on mine, I'm using a BT smart hub6

Please check out this post relating to the BT hub, see if that helps.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33388-pCars-Dash-Second-screen-telemetry-app&p=1337101&viewfull=1#post1337101

Armageddon
26-12-2017, 07:43
CJ is there any way to automatically select one of the interfaces in rs dash so it defaults to that one when you start the app? I have it on three tablets and i have to select PC2 each time on each tablet.

Atak Kat
26-12-2017, 08:14
Hi. I purchased this app for my iPad recently to use with pc2. However, I have noticed that the display gradually gets more and more delayed as time goes on. So first couple of minutes everything seems fine. But after about 10 minutes of use you realize there is a sgnificant delay starting to build up.... From the game to what is displayed in the app. It just gets worse as time goes on. After about 15 minutes there was about a 5 second delay.... (And getting worse).

Any idea how to fix this. Can't really use it like this....

cjorgens79
26-12-2017, 10:07
CJ is there any way to automatically select one of the interfaces in rs dash so it defaults to that one when you start the app? I have it on three tablets and i have to select PC2 each time on each tablet.

It will do this automatically as long as you don't completely kill the app. Just press home or power when you have finished using it and you should be fine. It doesnt run in the background so will just sleep and not use any extra power. Then when you bring it back up it will resume and auto select the last interface that was in use.

cjorgens79
26-12-2017, 10:08
Hi. I purchased this app for my iPad recently to use with pc2. However, I have noticed that the display gradually gets more and more delayed as time goes on. So first couple of minutes everything seems fine. But after about 10 minutes of use you realize there is a sgnificant delay starting to build up.... From the game to what is displayed in the app. It just gets worse as time goes on. After about 15 minutes there was about a 5 second delay.... (And getting worse).

Any idea how to fix this. Can't really use it like this....

Hey, try enable the "Use Legacy NetCode" option in the app settings (cog icon), this will likely resolve your issue.

justonce68
05-01-2018, 09:34
Hi cjorgens, i have now got RS dash on android as well as IOS, android it works perfectly, IOS lag makes it unusable, crew chief is also fine on android. I have also tried the legacy netcode, with no joy, both ipad and iphone have major lag.
Any ideas?

Matheus Hoffmann
10-01-2018, 16:51
Hello. I purchased your App for Windows devices today and it's really awesome. Thanks for the great stuff.
Question though: Do I need to purchase the Android version again to use it on my smartphone?

thydney1970
13-01-2018, 09:08
just installed RSDash on my iphone but just have seen that there is also a version of RSDash available for Windows computers. Which one is better and what are the differences and benefits of the Win10 version.

I haven't had any lags, delays until now with transmitting the data to my iPhone, only the display is a not to big in size.

Would be nice to get some additional information and some review of experienced users here.

Many Thanks.

chris99
13-01-2018, 09:27
I have the Windows and Android apps and don't notice any significant difference, apart from the screen size of course.

With the Windows version you can have it on a second monitor attached to the PC running pCars2 or on a separate PC/laptop. As my desktop PC is on a wired network connection, the display on the second monitor is a few microseconds ahead of the Windows laptop and Android tablet on wifi, but it's not noticeable in normal use.

cjorgens79
13-01-2018, 11:23
Hi cjorgens, i have now got RS dash on android as well as IOS, android it works perfectly, IOS lag makes it unusable, crew chief is also fine on android. I have also tried the legacy netcode, with no joy, both ipad and iphone have major lag.
Any ideas?

Sorry for the slow reply, for some reason I was no longer subscribed to my own thread so hadn't been getting any notifications about new messages.

Thats a bit strange that Android is fine but the two iOS devices are not. You should have legacy netcode enabled on both iOS devices, and UDP rate in PCARS should be set to 1. Check if your android device and iOS devices are actually connected on the same frequency, it could that you have a dual band router (2.4ghz and 5gz) and perhaps the android device is on 2.4 and the two iOS are on 5 and the lag is being caused by that additional routing that would be occuring.

cjorgens79
13-01-2018, 11:24
Hello. I purchased your App for Windows devices today and it's really awesome. Thanks for the great stuff.
Question though: Do I need to purchase the Android version again to use it on my smartphone?

Unfortunately yes, this is because Apple and Google do not allow the sharing of app licenses with other platforms as it would mean one of them would miss out on their cut of the sale.

cjorgens79
13-01-2018, 11:27
just installed RSDash on my iphone but just have seen that there is also a version of RSDash available for Windows computers. Which one is better and what are the differences and benefits of the Win10 version.

I haven't had any lags, delays until now with transmitting the data to my iPhone, only the display is a not to big in size.

Would be nice to get some additional information and some review of experienced users here.

Many Thanks.

The versions on Windows, iOS and Android are pretty much identical. I would definitely recommend using whatever device has the biggest screen, as its a far better experience on a tablet/PC when compared with a phone in my opinion. Also if you did end up having lag issues with the phone, you would not have any lag issues at all with the PC as the app would be running locally with the game (as i see you play PCARS on PC) so there would be zero packet loss.