PDA

View Full Version : why my time in rain races keeps getting worse?

jimh2
04-10-2017, 11:13
What it depends of? I start race from practice and AI gets better times 1st lap. Then I get better at lap 2-3, and then it only gets worse with every lap, instead of improving it actually keep getting worse much worse then 2 or 3 lap - no such thing in dry weather

plabersins
04-10-2017, 11:27
Maybe the track is just getting wetter, and there is less grip.

Gloomy
04-10-2017, 11:31
I noticed that too in the ginetta juniors career.
I wasn't sure if it's supposed to be like that or not but the car definitely runs slower each lap in the rain.

Rodgerzzz
04-10-2017, 11:55
Doesn't livetrack 3.0 simulate water building up on the track surface so therefore the more it rains the wetter and slower the track is going to be as time progresses.

PeteUplink
04-10-2017, 12:00
The track gets wetter. I did a 16 lap touring car race at Oulton Park with light rain conditions yesterday. At the start of the race the track was only slightly damp and even kinda dry in places. But as the race progressed the water built up, until it was completely sodden. Spray, sliding, standing water, slower lap times.

Attackmack
04-10-2017, 13:02
The track definitely gets wetter and puddles build up with time as the rain continues making it harder to get up to speed on straights and slowing down more in corners.
Its fantastic, I only wish the AI was better in rain.

OddTimer
04-10-2017, 13:06
yeah...if you pay attention to the engine you will notice the rpm slows down as well...just water not allowing the car to go as fast as it would normally on dry. Pretty awesome feature.