PDA

View Full Version : Several issues with Pacrs 2 during 1st league race

2pfspiff
04-10-2017, 12:15
Good morning. My league had it's 1st pre-season race last night and here is a list of issues that we experienced.

1) Lost all FFB when transitioning from qualifying to the main race.

2) Game would randomly change my pit strategy. Had set tyre pressure to 1.48 front and 1.40 bars rear. When I pitted during the race it gave me 1.88 all around. It did this to me during practice as well giving me 2.20 bars all the way
around when it was set to 1.48 Front and 1.42 rear. I checked it before the race started to see that it was correct which it was.

3) 2 drivers in the league had there wheels start to make ratcheting sounds loud enough that you could hear it in the headphones.

4) During practice one drivers car looked like it was doing doughnuts in the pits when he pitted for tires.

5) I pitted during the race with 9 laps left (The man who runs the league saw me pit), stayed under the speed limit, hit my pit stall marks and at the end of the race I was disqualified for not making a mandatory pit stop.

6) Not sure if this was planned or not, but you cannot invite people to the practice once the online practice starts. This should be changed so you can invite people into the practice after it starts.

I am not bashing, just reporting issue's that we had last night with a 15 person group. Hopefully these issues will be taken care of in a patch in the near future.

Thanks.

rrusso
04-10-2017, 12:31
Good morning. My league had it's 1st pre-season race last night and here is a list of issues that we experienced.

1) Lost all FFB when transitioning from qualifying to the main race.

2) Game would randomly change my pit strategy. Had set tyre pressure to 1.48 front and 1.40 bars rear. When I pitted during the race it gave me 1.88 all around. It did this to me during practice as well giving me 2.20 bars all the way
around when it was set to 1.48 Front and 1.42 rear. I checked it before the race started to see that it was correct which it was.

3) 2 drivers in the league had there wheels start to make ratcheting sounds loud enough that you could hear it in the headphones.

4) During practice one drivers car looked like it was doing doughnuts in the pits when he pitted for tires.

5) I pitted during the race with 9 laps left (The man who runs the league saw me pit), stayed under the speed limit, hit my pit stall marks and at the end of the race I was disqualified for not making a mandatory pit stop.

6) Not sure if this was planned or not, but you cannot invite people to the practice once the online practice starts. This should be changed so you can invite people into the practice after it starts.

I am not bashing, just reporting issue's that we had last night with a 15 person group. Hopefully these issues will be taken care of in a patch in the near future.

Thanks.

Item 1 is happening with me and my friends too....very annoying...

I dont know if we turn off the wheel and them turn on before the race will solve the problem....

Yesterday i had to stop the gar after green flag to fix the wheel

2pfspiff
04-10-2017, 12:42
Item 1 is happening with me and my friends too....very annoying...

I dont know if we turn off the wheel and them turn on before the race will solve the problem....

Yesterday i had to stop the gar after green flag to fix the wheel

On of the guys in the league said that if you go to the options>control settings>FFB tab>change the flavour settings>save>then go back and reset to what you like it will restore the FFB. This did not work for me so I had to unplug and replug my wheel back in for the FFB to return. When the FFB returned it felt a little more notchy during the race then it did during practice. This was my 1st online race so I am not sure if this is what it is supposed to feel like or not. Did not feel this way during single player practice.

Since I am on this, is it possible to practice solo in the create an online race or are you regulated in the single player section? In Pcars 1 there was a difference between single player and online as far as tyre wear, track feeling and FFB feeling.

Hammerpgh
04-10-2017, 14:57
On of the guys in the league said that if you go to the options>control settings>FFB tab>change the flavour settings>save>then go back and reset to what you like it will restore the FFB. This did not work for me so I had to unplug and replug my wheel back in for the FFB to return. When the FFB returned it felt a little more notchy during the race then it did during practice. This was my 1st online race so I am not sure if this is what it is supposed to feel like or not. Did not feel this way during single player practice.

Since I am on this, is it possible to practice solo in the create an online race or are you regulated in the single player section? In Pcars 1 there was a difference between single player and online as far as tyre wear, track feeling and FFB feeling.

These type of wheel problems have followed over from pCars 1 unfortunately. It's one of the big things that I was hoping would be fixed in the new game but it appears worse than ever by all reports I have seen.

2pfspiff
04-10-2017, 15:22
These type of wheel problems have followed over from pCars 1 unfortunately. It's one of the big things that I was hoping would be fixed in the new game but it appears worse than ever by all reports I have seen.

Like I said earlier, you could hear the wheel going crazy in the headset. Thought that it was going to rattle apart.

bobleren
09-10-2017, 09:00

I have not had troubles with tire pressures being offset from your strategy, also raced a couple of online league races. Please be aware, that the tire pressure you put in your strategy is cold tire pressure and when you are in the pits for new tires or anything else, it is the hot tire pressure.

If you look deeper in the setup menu, you will see that there are two tire pressures present.. the one you adjust (cold) and then a tire with 80 degrees and a corresponding tire pressure to this temperature... Don't rely only on the numbers, but feel the tires. :)