PDA

View Full Version : Doubt about Career mode

aelson.guerra
04-10-2017, 12:36
Please someone explain to me some words about career mode:

I finished Kart and Ginetta Champs on the Tier 6.
After moving to Tier 5, the FR in Tier 6 become locked.
Even advancing to Tier 4 the FR still locked.
Can I unlock FR at some point?

I appreciate any help.

Bealdor
04-10-2017, 12:38
If you win a Tier 1 championship, all series will get unlocked.

R74NN
04-10-2017, 12:41

Not that it really matters much, but out of curiosity, why is that? Why I can't move to lower tiers freely?

Bealdor
04-10-2017, 12:48
Not that it really matters much, but out of curiosity, why is that? Why I can't move to lower tiers freely?

It's a design decision by the devs. That's all I know about this.

Attackmack
04-10-2017, 12:59
I was in the exact same seat, wanted to go back and finish FR but couldnt select it.
I could select Kart and Ginetta though as I had won them previously so just entered one of them and skipped everything until the series was done. Then I could select formula rookie where im currently racing!

You can always select a series youve previously won and always any other series in the same column you are currently in.
I have no idea why they decided to do it like this but im glad there are ways around it. You should always be allowed to select series in lower tiers (or higher, dependingn on how you refer to it)

aelson.guerra
04-10-2017, 17:58

Thanks for the explanation!!

cxMilk
04-10-2017, 20:10
I was in the exact same seat, wanted to go back and finish FR but couldnt select it.
I could select Kart and Ginetta though as I had won them previously so just entered one of them and skipped everything until the series was done. Then I could select formula rookie where im currently racing!

You can always select a series youve previously won and always any other series in the same column you are currently in.
I have no idea why they decided to do it like this but im glad there are ways around it. You should always be allowed to select series in lower tiers (or higher, dependingn on how you refer to it)
That's...interesting. Makes you wonder the reasoning behind the design decision to begin with if it can be circumvented is such a way.

CassielLight
05-10-2017, 02:47
The logic on the design might be:

If you've won a series before, you could probably win it again, even if you've moved on to tougher series. So, any team would be happy to have you in that series, thus the permanent local unlock.

And if you've won a championship at the highest level of the sport, well, signing a champion would bring instant credibility to any team in motorsports, right? Thus the global unlock.

It does make sense, in its own way.

krisby
05-10-2017, 03:52
they should have just implemented custom seasons like Ian said after PC1, they you could make your cars and tracks and enjoy the heck out of this game. For me the Career is dull, I'd rather race in the cars that I love on the circuits I love, over and over and over. The Career takes the replay value out of the game for me.