PDA

View Full Version : When I brake into corners my car is very unstable

Alipjc2
04-10-2017, 12:36
When I brake into corners my is very unstable it that bad I lose control an spin out can someone help it that bad I don't want play game :(

Roger Prynne
04-10-2017, 12:41
Please change your platform to PS4.

More info please.
What cars/Tracks
What controller are you using Wheel or Pad and what make.
How have got your controller set up (what settings)

Alipjc2
04-10-2017, 13:12
I race GT3 using merc I use thrustmaster t300rs it does this on all track been on

drathuu
04-10-2017, 13:52
Are you turning whilst braking ? If so that will upset the car.. if you need to turn, you need to start trail braking (much less brake).

You could also move your brake bias forward in the car (To have less rear brake), less chance of locking.

You could stiffen front suspension to stop the car rolling forward in braking, however this may reduce your turn in.

you could reduce rear increase rear rebound dampening to ensure springs dont unload all their energy quickly, slower release so the rear of the car isnt pushed off the ground as much.

You could increase rear wing.

If your wheel is setup to be overly sensative - IE not much turn makes car turn a lot, ensure youve callibrated it correctly, so its not doing 180 degrees for90 degree on wheel.

You could also alter the steering rack if its overly sensative on steering - however some go the other way as they want more steering input.

Just some ideas.

danowat
04-10-2017, 14:04
Trail braking is very difficult in this game, even more so with the pad, readjust your braking points and brake before turning.

Alipjc2
04-10-2017, 14:13
This happens when I on straight coming into corner it viciously turns my wheel left an right when braking

RomKnight
04-10-2017, 14:20
Adjusting brake bias alone can help and can be done on the fly (on pc at least)

Sankyo
04-10-2017, 14:26
This happens when I on straight coming into corner it viciously turns my wheel left an right when braking

Does it happen to other cars as well?

danowat
04-10-2017, 14:27

Sounds like you are locking the front wheels

GBO Possum
04-10-2017, 15:13
It certainly does sound like the front wheels are locking.

Here are my suggestions. First, view a replay and look for evidence of wheel lockup to confirm this. Like smoke!

Next, check your brake sensitivity. I was experiencing sudden brake lockup every time I even said "brake pedal" under my breath. Reducing brake sensitivity to about 8 has made a huge difference. Recently, the problem seemed to be coming back, so I set it to 6.

Before doing this, I was thinking of giving up, it was so frustrating.

EDIT: I suggest you change the title of this post so it's more meaningful. As it stands, it's not going to attract people with the experience or skills to help you

Shogun613
04-10-2017, 15:51
I would check the engine braking. It's set too strong (1 or 2) by default. Bump it up to 4 or 5 to loosen it up. If you're rotating the car and the engine braking is too strong, it could give the impression of rear lock up and cause a spin.

Sah325
04-10-2017, 17:54

Check brake and steering assist are set to 'off'.

Roger Prynne
04-10-2017, 18:14
It certainly does sound like the front wheels are locking.

Here are my suggestions. First, view a replay and look for evidence of wheel lockup to confirm this. Like smoke!

Next, check your brake sensitivity. I was experiencing sudden brake lockup every time I even said "brake pedal" under my breath. Reducing brake sensitivity to about 8 has made a huge difference. Recently, the problem seemed to be coming back, so I set it to 6.

Before doing this, I was thinking of giving up, it was so frustrating.

EDIT: I suggest you change the title of this post so it's more meaningful. As it stands, it's not going to attract people with the experience or skills to help you

Done