PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] Karting damage bug

Ossnott
04-10-2017, 20:39
Started a new career today, and tried karting for the first time.
It was really fun, but the damage in karts are broken. Just a small bump or slightest contact with an object or another kart will brake your steering, or get one of your wheels to fly off.
Driving in to a plastic cone even gets the wheels to fall off!..

And one more thing, why are there no pits on the Kart tracks, no possibility to repair damage, practice or qualify before a kart race??

Ossnott
04-10-2017, 21:02
Forgot to mention, this doesn't just affect the player.
Do to the sensitive damage, the AI take themselves out as well.
And in many of the races I was the only one that was able to finish the race..

Attackmack
04-10-2017, 22:15
You shouldnt want to bump into anything with a kart.

But yeah, the AI is completely broken in Karts, often the entire field is crashed and burning after only a few laps.

Ossnott
05-10-2017, 07:38
You shouldnt want to bump into anything with a kart.
I have done some free time karting with work and seen a handfull of quite bad run off's, but they have all been able to get the kart back on track to finish the race.

Here is a crash compilation, I can see a lot off drivers flying, but not a single wheel.. ;) (I like that they can fly off, just not this easy)

https://youtu.be/NJ_jCzbZSUE

Sankyo
05-10-2017, 07:42
It's a known issue.

Ossnott
05-10-2017, 10:45
It's a known issue.
Okay thanks!

Are there any plans to add pit lanes to the kart tracks?

Sankyo
05-10-2017, 10:46
Are there any plans to add pit lanes to the kart tracks?
Not that i know of, never saw it mentioned.

Ossnott
05-10-2017, 17:06
Not that i know of, never saw it mentioned.
Hm, okay too bad!
Hope they change their mind about this though! Cause if you ain't gonna do something properly, why bother bringing it to the game?.. (Most other things are so well done and thought through)
Then it would have been better to focus on other things, like adding more usuall race tracks instead.