PDA

View Full Version : How is Stability Control implemented in the game?

davidrd85
04-10-2017, 20:41
Does anyone know how the stability control is implemented? These systems should be some of the most advanced coding wise in the real cars they replicate. I know that in some other sims it is therefore only a "force" that keeps the car from stepping out when you take a corner too fast and so on, and not a real system that manages the wheels.

I just know that the Jaguar F-Type SVR feels very strange with the stability control on when I push the car hard. I sorta wish the SC was not on in the "authentic mode" if it's nothing like the system that is on the real car.

danowat
05-10-2017, 10:16
It seems to feel fairly authentic, the way the car pulls the car out of a snap, but I don't think it's modelled to the fidelity you get in some real life models, and seems to work the same regardless of car type.

FWIW, you can turn SC off in authentic mode with a key mapping.

PeteUplink
05-10-2017, 10:44
From a gamer POV, the SC seems to be a bit slow to react at times. Whether this is realistic, I don't know, but it sure feels odd...

davidrd85
05-10-2017, 16:18
Sadly it’s not possible to turn off SC in time trail mode. Don’t really know why

3800racingfool
05-10-2017, 16:33
Just venturing a guess here:

The ABS/TC/SC systems are likely all based off a singular system and then tweaked to try and best replicate what each car can do. With 190+ cars in the game, and at least half of those having at least one of those three systems, trying to exactly replicate each of those in every car to have the same complexity as real life would be almost as big a task as the physics of the cars themselves so I don't really see them doing that.

But who knows? I could be dead wrong and each and every car has an explicitly modeled system unique to it.

Roger Prynne
05-10-2017, 19:29
Just venturing a guess here:

The ABS/TC/SC systems are likely all based off a singular system and then tweaked to try and best replicate what each car can do. With 190+ cars in the game, and at least half of those having at least one of those three systems, trying to exactly replicate each of those in every car to have the same complexity as real life would be almost as big a task as the physics of the cars themselves so I don't really see them doing that.

But who knows? I could be dead wrong and each and every car has an explicitly modeled system unique to it.

Correct.