PDA

View Full Version : The Lotus 49C 2-wheeler

Trippul G
05-10-2017, 02:24
I wasn't aware Lotus made this particular variation of the 49C. Who knew?

Trippul G
05-10-2017, 12:45
Any word if this is a known bug? I've seen it a number of times actually, on F Rookie too I believe, usually after having restarted the race. It's like the damage doesn't fully reset on some of the AI (or it does, but it's just not reflected visually).

reerdo
05-10-2017, 13:24
I have have crash damage on my own car stay after a restart as in the windscreen stayed cracked but cycling the views resolved it. The actual damage had been repaired as expected from the restart as my suspension was no longer causing me to pull left so my guess is it's just a visual thing.

Siberian Tiger
05-10-2017, 13:25
Yes, know Issue. It's tied together with the non Reseting Damage.. Should be fixed in the upcoming Patch.

Trippul G
05-10-2017, 13:31
Yes, know Issue. It's tied together with the non Reseting Damage.. Should be fixed in the upcoming Patch.

Ahh...ok, cheers. Feel free to close this thread if you want.

doneta
05-10-2017, 13:33
Wasn’t this also a bug in Pcars1 early on?

RC-5PO
05-10-2017, 14:32
I believe that is the oval version of the Lotus.

Trippul G
05-10-2017, 14:41
There's "adding lightness", and then there's that...;)

Plato99
06-10-2017, 06:19
I believe that is the oval version of the Lotus.

Not great around Monza......... :)

Vic Flange
06-10-2017, 12:28
Cunning. Should halve the time needed for a tyre change.

Trippul G
06-10-2017, 13:06
Not great around Monza......... :)

In that case, just line it up on the grid backwards, and drive in reverse. No problem. :cool:

bradleyland
06-10-2017, 13:12
Yeah, I recommend not turning right... Ever. Just go ahead and give it full left lock and whatever you do, DO NOT LIFT.

3800racingfool
06-10-2017, 13:16
Bit off the original topic (but since that's been answered anyway who cares?) but has anyone else noticed how much better the 49/Cs feel compared to PC1? I took a few laps around Rouen last night in them and man, what a night/day difference. In PC1 you were driving on a razor thin line between getting the cars around the track and just straight up dying. In PC2 though the cars are much more chuckable, catchable, and you can actually get them a little side ways (like you see in the old videos) without worrying about ending up in a wall.

Trippul G
06-10-2017, 13:23
Bit off the original topic (but since that's been answered anyway who cares?) but has anyone else noticed how much better the 49/Cs feel compared to PC1? I took a few laps around Rouen last night in them and man, what a night/day difference. In PC1 you were driving on a razor thin line between getting the cars around the track and just straight up dying. In PC2 though the cars are much more chuckable, catchable, and you can actually get them a little side ways (like you see in the old videos) without worrying about ending up in a wall.

Agreed. That pic is actually from one of the invitational events that has you driving Historic Monza in the rain (sans-Oval, luckily for the chap in the red car...hehe).

I was dreading it, based on my experience from PCARS1. The only problem I have now is making it past the first couple of corners without getting caught up in the AI carnage, but after that, the rest of the race was super fun and enjoyable. Feather the brake a bit, turn in, mash the throttle, little bit of opposite lock, and away you go! Never gets old. :cool:

clanky
06-10-2017, 15:22
I wasn't aware Lotus made this particular variation of the 49C. Who knew?

Ivan says. Car has too much weight. Remove weight. Remove two wheels.