PDA

View Full Version : Office league multiplayer options on ps4

ploggy
05-10-2017, 02:46
Hey everyone,
We're about setup two ps4 racing rigs in our office for employees to use. We're thinking of running a league within the office and im wondering what suggestions you have on this.

I understand that you need ps+ to play online with pcars2 but I don't think everyone (at least those who dont own ps4 at home) would want to pay a subscription just to play in the office.

Any suggestions on how we can maximize our two rigs for competition?

Aldo Zampatti
05-10-2017, 03:49
Hey everyone,
We're about setup two ps4 racing rigs in our office for employees to use. We're thinking of running a league within the office and im wondering what suggestions you have on this.

I understand that you need ps+ to play online with pcars2 but I don't think everyone (at least those who dont own ps4 at home) would want to pay a subscription just to play in the office.

Sadly your only choice with PS4 is PS+
Sony won't allow another protocol running in their consoles.

ploggy
05-10-2017, 04:00
Thanks aldo.

Outside of an online sync play, any suggestions on a league format that we could use? Like comparing best times on a set of cars and track?

Aldo Zampatti
05-10-2017, 04:04
Thanks aldo.

Outside of an online sync play, any suggestions on a league format that we could use? Like comparing best times on a set of cars and track?

Time trial are your best option. It ensures the same exact conditions on a certain track with a certain car (like temperatures, wind, etc) so you can compare times. Also, using default setups, of course, to reduce difference between cars.

ploggy
05-10-2017, 04:06
Cool. Im assuming time trials wont require ps+ to work?

Aldo Zampatti
05-10-2017, 04:10
Cool. Im assuming time trials wont require ps+ to work?

Hmhmhmh, Wait... you planted a doubt on me... Since time trial posts times on leaderboards, I'm not sure! I don't have a PS4 with me now neither. Let me ask...

solocapers
05-10-2017, 14:23
Hey everyone,

If you have 2 ps4's you only need 2 PS plus subscription's but can have more than 1 profile get on-line on each console. IE ( 2 ps4's each with a ps plus sub attached to their master account and many sub accounts linking off them)

So...create 1 separate profile for each PS4.. link a subscription to each of them.

Then you can create sub accounts off those 2 machines which will get PS Plus access via those "master accounts"

Note you can only get online via those consoles.. unless you apply ps plus directly to a user account.

SenorPez
05-10-2017, 14:38
Are you hiring? :D

ploggy
07-10-2017, 10:00
thank you solocapers.

so just to confirm.... each PS4 would need to have a primary local account with a PS+ on it. Then any user who creates and logins an account on the ps4 can play online.

What about logging in as guest on the ps4?

Sorry for these questions. My last console was PS3 and ps+ was not needed to play online and I never upgraded to PS4. I've always been a PC user and have recently got into sim racing. when our ceo found out I'm into that, he asked me to set up two rigs for employees to use. I'm more biased towards PC since this is going to be used by a lot of people, i figure the simplicity of using a console it much better suited.

SenorPez: if you are salesforce consultant, we are :)