PDA

View Full Version : Requirements for moving up a Tier?

graham228221
05-10-2017, 08:12
In PC1's career mode, you had to win a championship to move onto the next thing - either to the next championship within that discipline or upwards to the next Tier.

Is this the same in Project Cars 2? Do I have to win to move on?

This was my big problem with the career in PC1, I found myself tweaking the difficulty so that I could just about win - as I don't really want to replay a championship. I got stuck having to replay Formula Gulf once before realising that a series win was required, and hated having to drive round that desert another half dozen times...

Basically, I'd much prefer to set up it some I'm in or around the top 5 consistently and then if I do actually win a championship outright it feels like more of an achievement. But without having the worry that I'm going to have to grind through the same series again to progress.

Obviously, the AI difficulty and consistency is borked at the moment anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point currently. But once the patch(es) arrive to fix this it would be helpful to know what sort of difficulty I should be aiming for.

Bealdor
05-10-2017, 08:19
Podium is good enough.

Zenzic
05-10-2017, 08:40
Basically, I'd much prefer to set up it some I'm in or around the top 5 consistently and then if I do actually win a championship outright it feels like more of an achievement. But without having the worry that I'm going to have to grind through the same series again to progress.

It's an interesting dilemma, isn't it? Career really blooms for me once I've reached the championships I love the most and don't mind replaying if needed, which means I can up the AI difficulty without having to worry about progression.

graham228221
05-10-2017, 17:58
Podium is good enough.

Rad :cool: that's peeeeerfect! Time to notch up the difficulty then.

It's an interesting dilemma, isn't it?

I don't really want to be bumbling around at the back, but setting the difficulty just right so that I can win, but not by too much, is almost impossible on any racing game. I really just want to be able to feel like I'm capable of top 10 if I do ok, top 5 if I push, podium if I really push and win if I have a brilliant race. And allow for variation in car capability, driving style etc between tracks. Just needing a top 3 championship finish is about right I think.