PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN]smoking front left

goonerjon777
05-10-2017, 11:29
Any advice most appreciated.
On monza last bend my front left smokes the whole way around the turn, its not the brakes as 500ish degrees.
I don't have tire wear on the options but it is affecting me in the final laps, what is the issue?
Please and thank you.

AbeWoz
05-10-2017, 11:48
tire going past the slip angle and scrubbing which is increasing the heat of the tire and costing you grip.

I noticed this on a few tracks like T3 of Barcelona and the final turn of Algarve. Seems a bit over done IMO, but i have no track experience IRL.

I would suggest either stiffening the front springs or ARB, and perhaps adding a bit more camber to try to get a better contact patch on the front tires.

goonerjon777
05-10-2017, 11:51
tire going past the slip angle and scrubbing which is increasing the heat of the tire and costing you grip.

I noticed this on a few tracks like T3 of Barcelona and the final turn of Algarve. Seems a bit over done IMO, but i have no track experience IRL.

I would suggest either stiffening the front springs or ARB, and perhaps adding a bit more camber to try to get a better contact patch on the front tires.

Thank you so much.

mr_B3ntley
05-10-2017, 14:09
it could be a bug. The Lambo GT3 does that a lot around Watkins, and other cars like the Aston GTE do that on the Porsche Curves at Le Mans

Bensko
05-10-2017, 15:08
it could be a bug. The Lambo GT3 does that a lot around Watkins, and other cars like the Aston GTE do that on the Porsche Curves at Le Mans

It could be. I noticed the same issue on long corners. When you look at the replay the smoke is not appearing.

GTsimms
05-10-2017, 15:25
Might be the same issue causing http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54281-Reported-Potential-Bug-Steam-Overlay-Breaks-Lobby-Interface&p=1382081&viewfull=1#post1382081