PDA

View Full Version : The HUD Whilst in VR...

Gregz0r
05-10-2017, 14:56
Is there any way to straighten the angle of the HUD whilst in VR? It’s currently angled away from me, but I wish I could have it vertically straightened.
Ideally, it would be curved around you, like in Assetto Corsa.

Boskapongen
05-10-2017, 14:58
Was wrong... my bad. Cheers.

Richykins
05-10-2017, 15:01
Yeah there is... I've squared mine up too because I didn't like the angle. View the help in the configure HUD screen for the controls, I think it's number pad keys, but I used an Xbox controller to do it.

I don't think you can curve it though.

aeroburner
05-10-2017, 15:04
put the recenter VR to a button on the steering wheel its in the camera tab

surtic86
05-10-2017, 15:06
Yes there is a Way to do this. Go into the Private Practies and then under Options -> HUD. Now you need a Keyboard with a Numblock. On there you can change how far, tilt and rotate the Hud at all.

Stocky
05-10-2017, 15:26
Ingame (Pcars)

On track pause the game and choose 'Edit HUD layout':

The HUD adjustment runs in one of two modes - movement and rotation / scale. Num-Pad 0 toggles between these modes.

In movement mode the controls are as follows (numpad)
4 & 6: move left and right
1 & 3: move left and right slowly
8 & 2: move up and down
7 & 9: move up and down slowly
+ & -: move back and forth
/ & *: move back and forth slowly
5: resets position to the default

In rotation / scale mode the controls are as follows (numpad)
4 & 6: rotate left and right
8 & 2: rotate up and down
1 & 3: rotate anti-clockwise / clockwise
+ & -: scale the HUD bigger and smaller
/ & *: scale the HUD bigger and smaller slowly
5: resets rotation and scale to the default

crowhop
05-10-2017, 15:31
I've found a little trick for the HUD in VR. Some of you may appreciate it as well.

Go to a track in a car
Pause Menu
Settings
Adjust HUD
Click SAVE (you don't have to change anything at all)
Back out and go back to the track

For me, this places he HUD in 2-D like a billboard. It is much easier to read. And I place it so high above my line of sight that it is almost completely out of view unless I look up directly at it.
You have to do this every time you enter a car, though. It's the very first thing I do when I get to a track.

Stocky
05-10-2017, 15:50
You know, I spent so much time setting up my HUD in 3D, that I never thought of trying to use it in that 2D mode.

Going to try this tonight, thanks.

Gregz0r
05-10-2017, 16:08
Yeah there is... I've squared mine up too because I didn't like the angle. View the help in the configure HUD screen for the controls, I think it's number pad keys, but I used an Xbox controller to do it.

I don't think you can curve it though.
Ahh, my keyboard doesn’t have a number pad. Are the HUD controls also set to a controller by default, or can we map them?

Purg
05-10-2017, 18:57
For me, this places he HUD in 2-D like a billboard. It is much easier to read. And I place it so high above my line of sight that it is almost completely out of view unless I look up directly at it.
You have to do this every time you enter a car, though. It's the very first thing I do when I get to a track.

It's a reported bug that I believe is meant to be fixed in the next patch.

crowhop
05-10-2017, 19:17
It's a reported bug that I believe is meant to be fixed in the next patch.
I sure hope not. I hate the 3D HUD.

Or is there a better way to view the 2D HUD that I am unaware of?

ecstaticbrick
05-10-2017, 19:25
Just press num pad 5 to default the hud position and it will look the way you like it after the patch.

sherpa25
06-10-2017, 00:18
I've found a little trick for the HUD in VR. Some of you may appreciate it as well.

Go to a track in a car
Pause Menu
Settings
Adjust HUD
Click SAVE (you don't have to change anything at all)
Back out and go back to the track

Will try this option. I've seen it in 2D but they're too large, is there a way to reduce their size for 2D?

Gloomy
06-10-2017, 00:29
I sure hope not. I hate the 3D HUD.

Or is there a better way to view the 2D HUD that I am unaware of?

I preferred the 2d hud too, funny that it's a bug.

But I managed to use the numpad to adjust the hud, you can make it look just like the 2d billboard, I've actually brought it a bit closer but kept the flat look, and made the icons a little smaller, it's much better now.

jpmmuc
06-10-2017, 19:13
Ingame (Pcars)

On track pause the game and choose 'Edit HUD layout':

The HUD adjustment runs in one of two modes - movement and rotation / scale. Num-Pad 0 toggles between these modes.

In movement mode the controls are as follows (numpad)
4 & 6: move left and right
1 & 3: move left and right slowly
8 & 2: move up and down
7 & 9: move up and down slowly
+ & -: move back and forth
/ & *: move back and forth slowly
5: resets position to the default

In rotation / scale mode the controls are as follows (numpad)
4 & 6: rotate left and right
8 & 2: rotate up and down
1 & 3: rotate anti-clockwise / clockwise
+ & -: scale the HUD bigger and smaller
/ & *: scale the HUD bigger and smaller slowly
5: resets rotation and scale to the default

Only problem with this is, that if you change something in a session the new positions are not used in this session and instead of showing the new saved positions in VR view the 2D view is presented. You have to quit the session and restart.
This is a bug, does everyone know if this is already on the DEV list?