PDA

View Full Version : Well done on a great game

Scoobydude46
05-10-2017, 17:05
Well done on such a great game, a few bugs to be ironed out but love it so far, the rallycross is superb and the new tracks, cars , and weather is fantastic, a big upgrade on pc1. Iím a tuner so need the tuning side sorted out so I can tune and save. Keep up the great work.

Aizcold
05-10-2017, 19:27
I'm right there with you. This game has so much to offer and there is so much awesome racing to be done. Great job SMS!

One of the biggest improvements for me is the new penalty system. In the previous game I'd often have some great battles ruined when one of the cars of the people battling it out would go a bit wide in a corner and get an automatic slowdown penalty. But now that doesn't happen anymore. Sure, you sometimes still get the race director telling you to slow down or return to a certain situation when that seems a bit harsh. But overall the penalty system that is now in the game seems very fair, and that leads to some amazing battles without having to worry about going a bit wide in a corner sometimes and immediately ruining your race.

I can't wait to see how awesome this game will be in a few months when we've had a few patches and dlc packs add even more to it.

Titzon Toast
05-10-2017, 22:19
I love this game so far, it's excellent. I just a had race in the Watson Roadster around Watkins Glen and it was sublime.
Sure, it's not perfect, but it's not far off. A couple patches down the road and we'll be sorted I reckon.
Great work SMS. Thank you.

warth0g
06-10-2017, 20:55
Yes agree.There are lots of small bugs to be squashed but nothing major that couldn't be patched fairly quickly I don't think. The important thing is that the foundations are really solid:

- The physics and FFB are very satisfying
- It looks somewhere between good to great depending on car / track / weather combo
- It sounds pretty great
- The weather and seasons are tremendous
- The car and track selection is awesome and will only get better
- Career mode, although slightly buggy right now, is a huge improvement over PC1 and far better than AC for example
- The AI is OK right now but it needs to be improved. I'm having fun racing them but I'm hoping the upcoming patches will improve AI starts, their willingness to overtake, try new lines etc
- I could go on...

Fundamentally, they got this massively ambitious game right and it has a very sound platform to be built on for the future and that's a really exciting prospect. Well done SMS, put your feet up this weekend, and have a beer or two :-)