PDA

View Full Version : Race Director warning - driving standards

Javaniceday
05-10-2017, 19:30
Anytime you get this message, is that your safety rating taking a hit?

Sometimes you're learning a track, so you'll spin out or run wide every once in a while. I think it's good, btw, that's the way it should be.

Mahjik
05-10-2017, 19:48
Are you referring to learning a track online or offline driving?

Javaniceday
05-10-2017, 19:54
Are you referring to learning a track online or offline driving?

online. you join a lobby, brand new track. or whenever. driving around and you make a mistake, off you go. no contact, but you get that warning.

Shooter80
05-10-2017, 20:15
I wouldn't worry about it, if you drive clean in-between spins it'll balance it out. Yea, you'll (hopefully, imo) never get to an S rating while semi-regularly having an 'off', but then you wouldn't deserve to be an S anyway. As long as your current rating isn't stopping you from joining races you want to join, then its irrelevant, other than vanity.

Javaniceday
05-10-2017, 21:37
I wouldn't worry about it, if you drive clean in-between spins it'll balance it out. Yea, you'll (hopefully, imo) never get to an S rating while semi-regularly having an 'off', but then you wouldn't deserve to be an S anyway. As long as your current rating isn't stopping you from joining races you want to join, then its irrelevant, other than vanity.

Well, I'd see it as a way to let bad players know that having a bad rating matters, and that I won't let you join my lobby if you have a bad reputation. And to see how well you're doing.

I would encourage everyone to only join lobbies that are ranked, and not U ranked, once you've passed that stage. That's how we build a good culture around the game.

Last night all I joined were D ranked lobbies and above. Sure enough, clean racing was plentiful.