PDA

View Full Version : Time Trial filters

RangerCarrot
05-10-2017, 19:51
Hello folks

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but in the Time Trial leaderboards, the filters are not working properly (or if they are, its not what I was expecting). For instance, I select the Ford Sierra, and under the "Class" Filter, I see Touring cars, the V8 supercar, Clio Cup and so on. I'm sure several of these classes are close to the Group A that the Sierra is in, but thats not what I expect from a filter called "Class". I expect to only see the Group A cars. I can fully understand that, as the time trial boards don't have a great deal many times in them yet, that maybe this kind of filtering was what was intended, and indeed its not a bad idea, but maybe have a filter called "Similar Class" for this, another one with "Class" or maybe "Identical Class" for the class of car you have selected, and then of course the individual car you have (which works fine)

Also, when loading into the track, the World Records, Friends Records and Personal Best times all seem to be chosen at total random, there doesn't seem to be a fixed logic of any kind going on there, not that I've seen. I would only want the World record for that specific car track combination that I've selected, my friends time in that car track combination, and my personal best in that car track combination. I don't really need to know what I set in the V8 supercar if I'm about to run the Sierra (FYI, I love time trialling loads of cars, these are just the examples I'm using for this post).

This isn't a game breaker, so I don't expect this issue to get a great deal of importance in comparison to some other things no doubt people have found by now, but for someone that loves Time Trial, I would love for these features to work properly.

Thanks
Carrot

Shooter80
05-10-2017, 20:08
Yea, that's been reported numerous times. Its a shame nobody who was involved with testing, prior to release, knew that a GT1 car and a GT3 car are not comparable. I guess the first two letters are the same, so its maybe an easy mistake to make.

Boneboys
06-10-2017, 09:16
Here is a previous Topic...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54326-Are-the-time-trial-leaderboards-bugged

RangerCarrot
07-10-2017, 13:42
Yep, thats the same issue indeed. Thanks for that Boneboys.

Admins, please close this thread