PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] How to download setups from friends/other users?

Donnced
05-10-2017, 23:28
Hi to all!

I'm on a Standard PS4, quite happy with the base of Project C.A.R.S 2 meanwhile it get polished by the devs.

I've seen that in the game there's an option to share your setups and that you have also the ability to download the setups from other users.
There are users in the leaderboards with an icon that indicates that this user uploaded his setup, (same thing in friends leaderboards)
But i don't know how to download the setup... Don't see nowhere how to do it..

Can someone explain how to download a setup from a friend / user?
Thanks in advance!

mass control
06-10-2017, 00:58
Guess will have to wait till they turn it on to share set ups on cutom race mode as grayed out there.The same as the stable cars option from tune up that on pc can change to this from loose cars day one but not on consoles yet that they did say was adding.Strange not there on console day one aswell .

kludgey
06-10-2017, 09:02
It works, just not completely obvious...

1) Load Ghost/s from Time Trial screen
2) Go to Track
3) Move the cursor right over the ghost information
4) Press a button (can't remember off-hand which one) but I think it was Square.
5) You should now see the option to load the ghost setup, at which point you can save it.

Donnced
06-10-2017, 22:28

2) Go to Track
4) Press a button (can't remember off-hand which one) but I think it was Square.
5) You should now see the option to load the ghost setup, at which point you can save it.

Thanks, gonna try it out!
Hopefully they make it easier or at least they make an tutorial in the game..

davidt33
07-10-2017, 13:00

2) Go to Track

1. Does this mean you have to be in or doing Time Trial section in Pcars2 in order to share or to download/install a shared tune/setup?
2. What happens if you're in Career Mode or in a private online lobby session with other racers? Can setups be shared and uploaded between users in those categories or not, and if so, how?

Olijke Poffer
07-10-2017, 13:48
I think this part of the game is broken as well. I can’t save setups nor I can load setups from players who manged to save and share setups.

unrealtairo
08-10-2017, 02:52
Ya its broken.
Idk what those steps above were supposed to be for but its definitely not for getting setups

kludgey
09-10-2017, 13:53
1. Does this mean you have to be in or doing Time Trial section in Pcars2 in order to share or to download/install a shared tune/setup?
2. What happens if you're in Career Mode or in a private online lobby session with other racers? Can setups be shared and uploaded between users in those categories or not, and if so, how?

Yes, you need to take them from the Time Trial sections because you're loading them from ghosts. But once you have them saved, they're saved, so you can use the setup thereafter.

davidt33
09-10-2017, 16:31
Yes, you need to take them from the Time Trial sections because you're loading them from ghosts. But once you have them saved, they're saved, so you can use the setup thereafter.

Thanks for the useful info.