PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying is ruining my Career Mode

FoxtrotAlphaZulu
06-10-2017, 11:57
In the main, I'm really enjoying the game. A few issues and bugs here and there which I'm tolerating for now (despite Andy Tudor, during the marketing campaign vigorously celebrating that lessons had been learned from PC1 and that everything would be fixed or that PC2 would be relatively bug-free).

But at the minute, my Career mode is being heavily affected and proving frustrating because of Qualifying.

Firstly, the inability to alter qualifying session times. This was possible on PC1, so why has this been removed. I don't have the time, or want to spend 30 minutes hot lapping for a 10 minute race. I used to have it set on 10 min maximum on PC1, and when I felt I 'd done a decent enough lap, I'd quit session. The whole session would've probably taken 5-7 mins giving me 5-6 laps to do a decent time.

Is this something the developers are looking into - enabling us to set the session time to suit us?

Secondly, even if we couldn't alter the seen time, I still can't do a decent lap and say, after 5,6,7 minutes quit session because I always end up in last place. I had an instance where I was 3 seconds ahead in 1st place. I quit and found that I was last, 4 seconds behind 2nd to last. That meant the AI had found a total of SEVEN seconds on my initial leading pole time.

So, because I'm having to bypass Practice and Qualifying, I'm starting every race in last place and to counter all of the above, I've had to set the difficulty right down just to get a competitive race and give me a chance to get through the field. I've read that the 'last place' bug is known, but until it's fixed, career mode is really isn't enjoyable at the moment, as I can't get authentic Championships

Thanks.

Sankyo
06-10-2017, 12:01
A fix for the skip-to-end bug is coming in the next patch.

FoxtrotAlphaZulu
06-10-2017, 12:27
Many thanks for your reply.

Any news on whether we'll get the ability to customise the session length as we did in PC1? I do love the feeling of the timer counting down and the pressure to put in one last killer lap before it runs out. I just don't fancy having to wait half an hour. Quail sessions are more often than not 2-3 times the length of the actual race

Thanks

alegunner68
06-10-2017, 12:30
Accelerated time would be ideal, like in f1 2017.

SenorPez
06-10-2017, 14:10
Accelerated time would be ideal, like in Project CARS.

FTFY

interallsorts
06-10-2017, 21:11
Skip to end bug sorts the problem, why make a bigger demand on the issue when more issues can be addressed in one go to improve the game.

STAATSFEIMD_NR1
07-10-2017, 01:43
When you had that bug and let's say you qualify pole but starts last, just restart the race after the lights go out and you get you're right grid position .

It's a lil workaround that I found and yeah it works for me