PDA

View Full Version : [INDEED] Negative posts not moved to Project Cars 1 forum

major sunscreen
06-10-2017, 12:34
This morning I posted the below criticism of how things are progressing regarding fixing Project Cars 2. The thread was merged and moved to the Project Cars 1 forum, in other words kicked into the long grass. I would like to say I'm suprised, but sadly having spent the last week as a constantvviewer of this forum waiting for news on fixes, it saddens me to say I'm not. See below a copy of the original that I enclose here. I would like it this time to remain here.

Obviously there are still some big game impacting bugs in both single and multiplayer, despite some initial hotfix patches. Various threads have been opened about these and a timeline for resolution of them.
I'm hearing the line from the mods that SMS are super keen to test any new patch in detail to avoid introducing any new issues. While I obviously applaud this ethic and wish them a speedy and effective solution to the problems, regarding such an admirable attitude I can't help but feel it's a case of stable door...horse....bolted. Just gently pointing out the inconsistency of message against reality.
Added to this I notice the head of QA responding to a post and mentioning that he is currently on holiday, quite understandable on completion of a project. I do hope though that the fact he is on holiday is not delaying the process any further.
Can I also suggest that no information offered as a response is still better than a poor attempt to deflect away from the issue, or the offer of uninformed information, especially when operating in a pseudo- official position as a company mouthpiece on sites like this, given that there are no official information dissemination sites that I could find.
Finally I'm attempting to avoid an overtly emotional tone in my responses, but it's becoming increasingly difficult when official information is in such short supply. Frustration and anger are a natural by-product and the mods should be capable of recognising this fact.
I look forward to continued and speedy resolution of the bugs that are preventing me and others from enjoying what is otherwise a great product, and I genuinely wish all at SMS a great day.

Sankyo
06-10-2017, 12:43
The merge was legitimate in order to keep the forum readable with so much going on. The move to the pC1 forum obviously was a mistake, which now has been corrected. Please consider unintended mistakes also to be a possibility instead of jumping to censorship conclusions.

major sunscreen
06-10-2017, 12:47
Im familiar with the possibility of "unintended mistakes" as a purchaser of Project Cars 2. The volume of traffic could be reduced by paying attention to some of the suggestions I've seen here in collating topics that are being worked on into one closed sticky thread.

Sankyo
06-10-2017, 13:48
Im familiar with the possibility of "unintended mistakes" as a purchaser of Project Cars 2. The volume of traffic could be reduced by paying attention to some of the suggestions I've seen here in collating topics that are being worked on into one closed sticky thread.
What's the use of a thread with known issues if people don't search for existing threads on certain issues anyway?

major sunscreen
06-10-2017, 14:01
Yes that can get a bit depressing. I'd hope that some if not most of the people who come on here looking for answers do a search first.. I do.
If course searching would be easier if the information was in one place. A catch 22 if ever there was one. Keep up the good work anyway, and enjoy your day.

major sunscreen
06-10-2017, 14:14
P.S. feel free to edit the title of this thread to better reflect the situation. Perhaps "Massive morning rant" or something- I'll leave it to you. ;)

Sankyo
06-10-2017, 14:31
Done. Now it's much clearer :p

Meekychunky
06-10-2017, 14:39
What's the use of a thread with known issues if people don't search for existing threads on certain issues anyway?

I think you inspect the server logs you'll see a lot of people do search the existing threads for issues. And I think if YOU try searching for terms such as "inconsistent weather", or "AI issues" you'll see the need for a summarised list of the current status of reported issues.