PDA

View Full Version : T300 RS Calibration question and FFB Settings [PS4]

STAATSFEIMD_NR1
06-10-2017, 15:11
Hey it's me again :rolleyes:

I had a question in terms of the Rotation calibration.
The T300 RS had 1080° but when I calibrate the wheel in-game it says 100% after ca. 900°. I can rotate it more but it's really hard and the game can naturally don't display more than 100 but my question:

When I calibrate it should I rotate it full over the "locked" spot or only until it shows 100?

And last but not least had someone a good overall ffb setting?

Sry but I'm a new t300 user since 2 days :o before I used a G29.

Thanks a lot!

interallsorts
06-10-2017, 20:35
Definitely interested in the response to these questions. Had a T300 since Pcars 1 but still have the same questions as STAATSFEIMD_NR1.

JesterD44y
07-10-2017, 07:43
I turn my wheel until lock and at step two I turn it to 900.

Off topic: It is possible to force the coling fan of the T300 to be turned on all the time.

Here are the official instructions http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00156.pdf

I would recommend you to do this as it will help to keep down the temperature of the wheel rather
then acting on it already being hot.

Jbpd
07-10-2017, 10:43
I've been following the Pc section for people setting up their t300rs on PC,s

A couple of points to note- a new thrustmaster driver was released yesterday v5 which people are saying makes a difference so I've just downloaded that. If you have a PC you can connect your wheel to, in the thrustmaster control panel it should be defaulted to overall 75% but then change spring and damper to 0% and the bottom setting should be at default set by game. Some guys on PC also suggest setting rotation as 1080 within this control panel - so i've done that.

In pc2 we are obviously at disadvantage this time round in that we can't use tweeker files I.e. Those by jack spade

However I've just set deadzones to 0
Speed sensitivity and damper saturation 0

Raw
Gain 100
Volume 20 (adjust by car) - assign buttons on your wheel so can adjust on the fly
Tone 50
Fx 0 (guys on PC suggesting can increase to 14,18 or higher I'm using about 40)

I've been testing using the above and are best setting I've had so far, there are rumours of issues with the wheel that might be fixed by patch ( I think kerbs need tweaking) but using all the above is best i've had so far
See threads below for reference

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51211-Thrustmaster-Settings-T150-RS-amp-T300-RS-(-Fanatec-CSR-amp-GT3-RS-V2)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54080-Fixed-TM-Wheels-Big-deadzone

alegunner68
07-10-2017, 11:05
I can't find the new t300 firmware v5, just v25, and it says that's the latest one.

STAATSFEIMD_NR1
07-10-2017, 11:45
I've been following the Pc section for people setting up their t300rs on PC,s

A couple of points to note- a new thrustmaster driver was released yesterday v5 which people are saying makes a difference so I've just downloaded that. If you have a PC you can connect your wheel to, in the thrustmaster control panel it should be defaulted to overall 75% but then change spring and damper to 0% and the bottom setting should be at default set by game. Some guys on PC also suggest setting rotation as 1080 within this control panel - so i've done that.

In pc2 we are obviously at disadvantage this time round in that we can't use tweeker files I.e. Those by jack spade

However I've just set deadzones to 0
Speed sensitivity and damper saturation 0

Raw
Gain 100
Volume 20 (adjust by car) - assign buttons on your wheel so can adjust on the fly
Tone 50
Fx 0 (guys on PC suggesting can increase to 14,18 or higher)

I've been testing using the above and are best setting I've had so far, there are rumours of issues with the wheel that might be fixed by patch ( I think kerbs need tweaking) but using all the above is best i've had so far
See threads below for reference

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51211-Thrustmaster-Settings-T150-RS-amp-T300-RS-(-Fanatec-CSR-amp-GT3-RS-V2)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54080-Fixed-TM-Wheels-Big-deadzone

Does it make sense to adjust settings on PC when I use it on ps4 :confused: I mean on my G29 it was useless because the changes won't save on a internal chip or something after you disconnected it from pc. The thrustmaster does?:confused:

Latest Firmware is V25 and that's already installed.

Jbpd
07-10-2017, 12:18
It's a driver update that's different to the firmware

STAATSFEIMD_NR1
07-10-2017, 16:54
Oh and what to mean with "Volume 20 (adjust by car)"

What's you're point to increase or decrease Volume?

Do you have some starting points for let's say GT. Open Wheelers and so on?

Jbpd
07-10-2017, 18:00
Yeah 20 is my starting point but I'm finding every car needs to be slightly different and some tracks I'm changing it eve for same car

In high downforce cars I have to lower it compared to say gt3

bradleyland
07-10-2017, 22:13
Does it make sense to adjust settings on PC when I use it on ps4 :confused: I mean on my G29 it was useless because the changes won't save on a internal chip or something after you disconnected it from pc. The thrustmaster does?:confused:

Latest Firmware is V25 and that's already installed.

You're correct, it's useless. Making adjustments in PC control panel won't affect gameplay when you plug the wheel into your PS4. The game sends its own initialization information to the wheel.

You can, however, adjust the degrees-of-rotation on the fly using a combo of the mode button and the D-pad. The instructions are under the "FAQ" section of this page on the Thrustmaster website:

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t300rs-en/

Look for the item titled, "Instructions on how to manually change the wheel's angle of rotation on playstation®3/playstation®4 in force feedback games. PC PS3™ PS4™"

These are the current instructions, but this link may not work forever (it changes when TM update the document).

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00155.pdf

It's a driver update that's different to the firmware

^^ This.

xtro
08-10-2017, 04:17
The more I play the less I get it... I did find out what was completely messing up my control in wet snow surface.. and it was due to the Damper being set at 100 bydefault when it should probably be at 0 .. also Immersive gain 50 low volume and Speed 0 is pretty much the only thing that works in low grip situations.... too bad it doesn't work at all in others.. like Drifting or Rallycross. I hope the next patch really makes more sense in the FFB situation if not then it would be best if we could save a FFB setting per car. Because you have to mess with the settings in each new car almost.

vwpolo
08-10-2017, 09:59
I agree with you, as my conclusion is that every car has its own set of optimal settings for the driving, but as it's not possible to set wheel settings we are frustrated...
I use PC2 and PS4 with T300rs.
I try to avoid switching from rallycross cars to gt3 as the behaviour can be a nightmare.

spacepadrille
08-10-2017, 10:19
T300 & PS4 Pro here. I found the more I play, the more FFB is a mess. Deleting all saved files on the console (restarting game from Zero) fixes it till you start changing ffb flavour settings or saving car setups... After deleting all files, restarting and setting FFB to RAW 100 20 50 50 0,4 is the "less worse" setting. After that I adjust only volume depending of the car. But after some cars, some tracks, it's the mess again, and I delete again all files... That's the only way I found to play this game... So as everyone here I'm really waiting for a patch soon !

xtro
08-10-2017, 19:50
T300 & PS4 Pro here. I found the more I play, the more FFB is a mess. Deleting all saved files on the console (restarting game from Zero) fixes it till you start changing ffb flavour settings or saving car setups... After deleting all files, restarting and setting FFB to RAW 100 20 50 50 0,4 is the "less worse" setting. After that I adjust only volume depending of the car. But after some cars, some tracks, it's the mess again, and I delete again all files... That's the only way I found to play this game... So as everyone here I'm really waiting for a patch soon !

I did pretty much the same thing.. deleted everything and went back to Informative 100 20 50 50. The best so far in most situations. except this time I have assigned L3 R3 to change the FFB volume on the fly. It helps a lot. also I have damper at 0 instead of 100 and speed at 50 instead of 0. I wont touch it anymore...

spacepadrille
08-10-2017, 22:05
Funny I did same today, finally I'm on Informative 100 20-28 50 45 0.4 (volume is car depending with L3 R3). I can now enjoy the game, except I'm now afraid to tune the cars, save settings and... find a new mess ! At least I can now enjoy the game. Where is the patch ? (coming, I know ;-)

Biddrace
09-10-2017, 13:03
Informativo

is very good for me.

I have a problem, if I raise the volume, my t300 has violent strokes in the brakes, where can I improve this setting?

diesel97
09-10-2017, 14:41
Do you have a link for this v5 update and does it make a difference if you are playing on the PS4? Still not to clear on this, not at all computer savoy