PDA

View Full Version : New setup bug

RC-5PO
06-10-2017, 21:07
Sorry to start a new thread on this since I know people are having setup saving problems since launch. But just starting today I am not able to save any setups at all. I am not able to edit Setups because that would involve saving them after. Since the game came out I was able to save setups every time by always hitting "save to new slot" picking the track I was using and either clicking on my current setup and overwriting it or creating a new one with a new name. As of today, when I try doing that it asks if "you are sure you wish to overwrite" I click OK and it tells me to "enter Tuning setup name" I click continue and it once again tells me to"enter tuning setup name." It will not save any changes no matter what I try. Now I don't want to be a complainer but this is this first bug I have found that has actually made me shut the game off. If I can't edit setups, I don't feel like playing.
Has anyone seen this on PC or PS4? Just looking for a workaround if anyone else is having this issue. Like I said, it just started today. Thanks to anyone who can help.

martymoose
06-10-2017, 21:27
When saving a setup is the most complicated part of making a setup I think there is a huge design issue here. For me it saves sometimes others not, it never pops up and tells you a setup has failed to save and why. Really saving should just work, to make it so poorly was a good effort by all as it would be hard to make it worse if anyone wanted to.

ironik
06-10-2017, 21:28
How many setups do you have?

DECATUR PLAYA
06-10-2017, 21:35
Sorry to start a new thread on this since I know people are having setup saving problems since launch. But just starting today I am not able to save any setups at all. I am not able to edit Setups because that would involve saving them after. Since the game came out I was able to save setups every time by always hitting "save to new slot" picking the track I was using and either clicking on my current setup and overwriting it or creating a new one with a new name. As of today, when I try doing that it asks if "you are sure you wish to overwrite" I click OK and it tells me to "enter Tuning setup name" I click continue and it once again tells me to"enter tuning setup name." It will not save any changes no matter what I try. Now I don't want to be a complainer but this is this first bug I have found that has actually made me shut the game off. If I can't edit setups, I don't feel like playing.
Has anyone seen this on PC or PS4? Just looking for a workaround if anyone else is having this issue. Like I said, it just started today. Thanks to anyone who can help.

When going to a new track or sometimes when starting a new session the game will not let you use the same name for a previous setup. Just change the name and it will let you save. As Ironik said how many setups do have. I think you can only save so many per track that's why I've been deleting old ones as I go.

RC-5PO
06-10-2017, 21:36

I tried the with the GT3 Ferrari which I have 1 setup for at Laguna Seca.
Also with the LMP2 Ligier which I have a Laguna specific setup and an Algarve setup. I had a second Laguna setup saved for this car but deleted it thinking that was the problem but after deleting it wouldn't let me save a second setup.
This problem is happening in TT mode, so I tried practice mode and it did the same thing. Also same problems with different cars on different tracks.

RC-5PO
06-10-2017, 21:38
When going to a new track or sometimes when starting a new session the game will not let you use the same name for a previous setup. Just change the name and it will let you save. As Ironik said how many setups do have. I think you can only save so many per track that's why I've been deleting old ones as I go.

Nope. Even if I change names it won't save or even on a track that has no Setups saved for the current car. Like I said, I've been able to save setups no problem until today,. Strange...

martymoose
06-10-2017, 21:39

Are you only allowed 1 lol, you have a game with varied weather so likely will save more then 1 per car. Looking at the folder where setups are saved they are all encrypted and all in the same folder. The file naming means nothing and thats likely the first major design issue but if your only allowed 1 setup and you must save any time you make a change then its just a complete useless mess.

Why not allow the car to go out with any changes you made without saving? Then only save if you want to and make it actually work when you want to save it.

cxMilk
06-10-2017, 22:20
It's definitely not a cap issue. Myself, I only have four setups currently saved: a Ginetta Jr, Formula Rookie, and Kart tune, all set to All Tracks, and a Ginetta GT4 tune on Cadwell. Any other setups I have are dummy tunes based around the default setup save issue, and those get deleted once I'm done with them. I currently have no dummy tunes saved.

When I ran into this bug today, it was while trying to overwrite a dummy tune for the Formula Rookie that was saved under Formula Renault for All Tracks which at the time was my fourth All Tracks setup. Eventually, I deleted the setup thinking it was interfering. That brought me down to the three All Tracks setups and four setups overall stated earlier. I know I read the setup cap is small - is it ten? It's obviously more than four though as I had five saved setups before I ran into the issue.

Renaming is not the issue either. Typically, I name my dummy tunes with a single letter or quick spam of letters so I know to delete them. No matter what the name was changed to, it didn't matter. Also, I had tried to save the setup to both All Tracks and to the local circuit. Neither worked.

Seems to be a new issue that cropped up today? And possibly localized only to Xbox? Some reports have been made over in this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52922-KNOWN-ISSUE-Save-setups-bug) starting here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52922-KNOWN-ISSUE-Save-setups-bug&p=1386105&viewfull=1#post1386105), I think.

martymoose
07-10-2017, 11:08
I did a hotlap session made a setup saved it, then checked thats what I was using and all good. Then after my run I restarted the session and it gave me another setup, so I went to load the setup I saved just before and it no longer exists. I then did an mp race v8 at Bathurst with my last setup used there having wet tyres. I tried changing the tyres to soft as it was dry but was stuck with wets each time as I couldnt save the setup.

These setup issues really need to be fixed as its one of the key parts of a driving sim, no idea how it could be this messed up and get out of beta.

Lankster11
07-10-2017, 11:34

I had the exact same problem on PS4. All of my existing setups were gone and I was stuck in a loop when naming new setups. Turns out my PS4 wasn't connected to the internet after a system update and so PCars2 loaded a new profile for me.

I connected to the internet and restarted the game which loaded my profile up and everything was back to normal.

I hope that helps!

RC-5PO
07-10-2017, 12:27
I had the exact same problem on PS4. All of my existing setups were gone and I was stuck in a loop when naming new setups. Turns out my PS4 wasn't connected to the internet after a system update and so PCars2 loaded a new profile for me.

I connected to the internet and restarted the game which loaded my profile up and everything was back to normal.

I hope that helps!

Nope. Tried the same thing and it didn't help. I'm thinking of uninstalling the whole game and reinstalling.

whip
07-10-2017, 12:37
you also aren't allowed to save 2 setups for a car with the same name, even if they are for different tracks, i don't know who designed this setup system but they worked hard at making it the most awkward in the genre

marcel171281
07-10-2017, 12:49
Just encounterd this bug as well for the first time.

Maybe helpfull for de devs: You can't save a setup if you can't connect to the servers. I got a message in the left upper corner of the screen, saying no connection to the server. After this, the bug with saving setups started. I restarted PC2 and the bug was still there (got the server message again as well). I had to restart the whole ps4 to be able to save setups again.

It is pretty annoying as I was in qualifying, in pole at the time, and couldn't select enough fuel for the race.

As I almost always play offline (like today), so why is saving my setups depending on either the internet connection, or the PC2 servers? BTW my internet connection was absolutely fine when this happened.

Apart from this, PC2 is great, and i'm 100% certain the couple of issues (UDP, keyboard, AA) on PS4 wil be fixed, so this one as well. Keep up the good work, love the game!!

ATSS
07-10-2017, 13:16
Same issue for me.

Trippul G
07-10-2017, 13:16
Yesterday, I got stuck in what sounds like a similar situation to the OP. I don't remember exactly the details, but I do remember that no matter what I tried to name the setup, it wouldn't save and just kept asking me what I wanted to call it.

There were, I think, three other setups saved that would show up under "All Tracks" when I attempted to save there. I deleted all of them, and then was able to save.

It's gotten to the point where if I have a setup now that I like, I take screen grabs of every page and upload them to OneDrive because when going to another track or game mode I can never trust that a) I'll be able to load them, or b) that they'll even exist.

This isn't a gamebreaking bug, but it's pretty darn close to it. Please, PLEASE SMS, make sure this is sorted out in the upcoming patch.

RC-5PO
07-10-2017, 13:34
I hate to use the term "game breaking" but this is actually the first time I have had a bug that I may consider game breaking. The other bugs have been annoyances among what is probably the best game I have driven on the Xbox. But with this bug I am not able to even change fuel amounts which keeps me from being able to race. I have been mostly taking part in TT mode until other problems are fixed, but even that has lost it's appeal now that I can't alter setups.
I'm still stuck on the fact that it was fine until yesterday. I'm going to try saving a setup after going offline like someone suggested when I get home. Maybe that can help for now.

bd307
07-10-2017, 20:22
I started having this issue since yesterday. Playing with Ps4p and I have been able to save since release date until yesterday. Don't feel like playing it as tuning is a big part of this game. Please fix it asap.

bd307
07-10-2017, 20:25
Same here. Many others said these bugs are deal breakers for them which I was able to play without worrying too much. But this tuning setup saving bug is a real breaker for me because I cannot race in the rain with my slick tires setup.

RC-5PO
10-10-2017, 20:37
Odd. I am able to save setups again. I have not played since Friday because I have been busy. I should have tried saving a new setup right off the bat, but instead I deleted a few before I started playing and after that I was able to save setups again. We'll see in a couple of days after I save a few more if it happens again.