PDA

View Full Version : Few things I noticed on the Xbox One

CSReese
06-10-2017, 21:40
I started off by driving the Lamborghini Huracan GT3, Ferrari 488 GT3, and the Porsche 911 GT3 R in the private testing game mode, and was having a blast. Massive improvement from Project Cars 1. However, when I went to drive these cars in the custom race mode and online with my friend, I discovered these cars wander when on the straights.

The Porsche and Lamborghini wander terribly (crash in a straight line) while the Ferrari wanders more subtle and is kind of manageable. I don't know if it matters, but this was at Circuit of the Americas and Daytona International Road.

The second thing I noticed were some strange lap-time behavior out of the game and the CPU. In private testing I was able to achieve lap times 20-25 seconds faster a lap than I was able to achieve in the custom race mode. I also noticed, whilst in the custom race mode, I would be faster than the CPU in my class and lower classes on the track, but when I returned to the pit box to make quick setup adjustments the CPU would record lap quite faster than they do when I'm on the track.
- It seems like any car that crosses the stripe while I'm in my pit box will record a faster lap time, and if I pull out before everybody can record a lap while I'm in the pit box, there would be touring cars and GT4 cars with faster lap times than GT3 cars (because some GT3 cars didn't record a lap until I had already left the pit box). Once I returned to the track I was faster than everybody in my class and lower classes again. Returning to the pit box seems to alter the lap timer.

Thirdly. I made a multi-class with GT3, GT4, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, and Touring Car. After a few minutes the game crashed.

Last thing. I'm a Porsche fan and I am so excited to drive the Porsche 911 GT3 R, but I'm not impressed with the audio. The audio doesn't sound much like the real-life counterpart at all. There is a individual on Youtube named Fonsecker who makes audio mods for Assetto Corsa. He's made a mod for the Porsche 911 GT3 R that sounds almost perfect. I feel like the audio for the Porsche could be massively better and I hope their able to achieve the real-life sound as displayed in onboard videos.

2pfspiff
06-10-2017, 21:48
Are you using a wheel or controller? If you are using a wheel set FFB tone to 25, FX to 45 and volume to 49. This took the wandering out of my Thrustmaster TX.

Stone Cold Stig
09-10-2017, 01:22
Could a mod kindly respond to this. I stoped playing because of this very issue. Custom races are the main reason i bought this game and PC1. However PC2in its current state is making it impossible to enjoy a good race. If you set mandatory pit stops on, you will almost have no chance at winning the race. You will even finish behind some of the cars in lower classes. This defeats the whole purpose of trying to actually win the race. Just wondering if this specific problem will be addressed in the first patch for xbox1. thanks

CSReese
09-10-2017, 04:27
Are you using a wheel or controller? If you are using a wheel set FFB tone to 25, FX to 45 and volume to 49. This took the wandering out of my Thrustmaster TX.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. Porsche still wanders, not as badly, but it still is kind a pain.

Here's a example for the lap time comparison between private testing and custom race. Had the custom race programmed for multi-class with GT3, GT4, Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo, and Touring Car. I finished the practice session fourth overall and second in class (Porsche 911 GT3 R) with my best time being a 2:32 at COTA. I previously pulled a 2:09 with the same car on the hard compound tire at COTA in private testing. Meanwhile, a Lamborghini Super Trofeo was 1st overall with a 2:28. Something's off.