PDA

View Full Version : Voice control mod [UPDATED v2.1]

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
07-10-2017, 02:26
Thanks to mr_belowski from CrewChief, for his help in providing such a great voice-pack. This profile integrates fully with his CrewChief program.

Hey guys.

I setup a voice attack profile to make navigating the ICM much easier. Now you can just say what you want changing and it gets done.
No more fiddling with key presses as you are trying to concentrate on keeping the car on the road as the rain comes in, you have slicks on, and urgently need to schedule a pit for wet tyres :D
The only thing is the recorded macros only work with a "fresh menu". So if you manually navigate the ICM with keys then you need to back-track until you get to the first "close" tab.
Dunno if I'm explaining that very well, but if you see it it'll make sense :D
Basically, when you load into a car, only navigate via the voice commands. Don't use the menu keys anymore to navigate the ICM.

Here's a video showing some of the commands you can issue with this profile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSRg8Kst5zk&feature=youtu.be

You'll need the paid version of voice attack as the free version is limited to 20 macros, and I have used more than that.
You can purchase the full version of Voice Attack cheaper directly from the developers site rather than from steam (€8 vs €12).

https://voiceattack.com/

IMPORTANT
You'll need to setup the in-game key assignments exactly as shown in the pics below for this profile to work.

https://i.imgur.com/NyxvRf3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wgQRTRH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/m0Mj2Ju.jpg

A few things to keep in mind...
1) Be careful that the menu navigation starts from the null-point, as I mentioned above. So when you load a new car/track, only use voice to navigate the menu and you'll be ok.

2) Certain cars don't allow brake bias or mixture adjustments, so don't request those features while using those cars, otherwise it will mess up the menu navigation.

3) Fuel, pit strategy and tyres are all the same system now.

a) First you say "change tyre selection", "change pit strategy" or "change fuel load" and you will be taken to the correct sub-menu.
b) For fuel you say "add 5" or "remove 10" etc. For strategy you say "up 1" or "down 3" etc. For tyres you say "right 1" or "left 2"etc.
c) Finally to make your choice you say "confirm fuel load", "confirm pit strategy" or "confirm tyre selection".

I also set it up in a way that if you wait too long (9 seconds) before issuing a follow-up command, it will back-track itself all the way and close the menu, so as not to get stuck.

4)If for whatever reason the menu navigation gets messed up(maybe you call for brake bias adjustment in a car that doesn't have it by mistake), you can reset it again by going through the ICM with the arrows on the keyboard and get the highlighted square all the way back to the original "close" box. Then when that's back at the null-point you can start using the voice commands again.

IMPORTANT
To use a joystick with Voice attack you need to register it in the software. See pics below...
https://i.imgur.com/o9bUjGt.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RMGis1X.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5aAaROg.jpg

In voice attack software I set it to only listen when I'm holding a button on my wheel, so it's like standard "push-to-talk" functionality.
Click the wrench icon, then into the "hotkeys" tab and assign a key or button to "Recognition global hotkey" for keyboard key, or "Joystick button recognition" for a joystick button..
I also went into the "audio" tab and unticked "Enable notification sounds" as that was making a little beep every time I pressed the talk button, which I found annoying.

https://i.imgur.com/DVfiF4N.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wHe8ZFh.jpg

LINKS...

v2.1
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7WmKS-OPBQVYnM3c09IalhDbVk

Optional MOD (Disables Crewchief "can't understand" messages when you set the same button for VoiceAttack & CrewChief Push-to-talk.)

Shared_PitRadio_Button_Mod
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7WmKS-OPBQVbFZpZW14eDlvaEE

This system makes life so much easier. Navigating the menus with a keyboard or D-pad on the wheel while you were driving, was a total pain.
Hopefully you guys get some use out of this and it helps some of you out.

Let me know how you get on!

Mark.

Big thanks again to mr_belowski from CrewChief, for his help, and for providing such a great voice-pack. Anyone who isn't familiar with CrewChief should check out his site, download it & donate a little :)
http://thecrewchief.org/

DECATUR PLAYA
07-10-2017, 04:22
I'm on Xbox but would be happy to pay for this feature.

jimortality
07-10-2017, 04:30
Woah!!!!! If that works like that, you Sir are a genius! Can you explain how we integrate it into the game please thanks

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
07-10-2017, 04:35
Woah!!!!! If that works like that, you Sir are a genius! Can you explain how we integrate it into the game please thanks

Just get voice attack. Set it up as I describe above. Import my profile and map a key or button to "push-to-talk". Then just leave the program running in the background when you are running the game.
When in game you just press and hold whichever key or button you assigned and just say any one of the phrases I have listed above and it'll carry out the action in the in car menu.

Simple as that ;)

ZulfoDK
07-10-2017, 07:13
Great work - I was going to start making this today myself, but you saved me the time :)

jimortality
07-10-2017, 07:46

Struggling to get this working. I've paid and registered but it's the button assignment that I'm struggling with.

ZulfoDK
07-10-2017, 10:26

Struggling to get this working. I've paid and registered but it's the button assignment that I'm struggling with.

You cannot map Voice Attack to control your joystick/wheel - you need to change the In-Car menu-buttons in Project Cars to use keyboard keys for navigation...

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
07-10-2017, 10:33
You cannot map Voice Attack to control your joystick/wheel - you need to change the In-Car menu-buttons in Project Cars to use keyboard keys for navigation...

You can map it to control buttons on the wheel. Just to clarify though, I only mapped the button for the "push-to-talk" functionality in Voice attack. The menu navigation in Pcars2 are indeed set to arrow key navigation on the keyboard. I did that straight away when I setup my game originally though, so I couldn't remember if that's how the game was already setup. I will add that bit of info on my original post now to avoid further confusion. I will also add how to assign a wheel button.

SaxonRaider
07-10-2017, 11:20
voicebot is free

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
07-10-2017, 11:31
voicebot is free

Voicebot is like Voice attack, Free "with limitations". The free version of Voicebot will not work for this however, as it limits each macro to having 3 actions. The shortest macro I have used is 8 actions. The longest is 66. So if you don't want to spend money, use the free version of Voice attack. That only limits you to one profile and 20 commands, but not the amount of actions per macro.

https://i.imgur.com/Aei6fvG.jpg

seb02
07-10-2017, 11:32
what I would find interesting in the ICM would be to facilitate the pit stop. For me, this should be selectable first, to save time. What the players use most often during races is the pit stop. If this could be positioned first, I will find it ergonomic.

Edit : Sorry Mods, it's a double post with an another thread

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
07-10-2017, 11:38
what I would find interesting in the ICM would be to facilitate the pit stop. For me, this should be selectable first, to save time. What the players use most often during races is the pit stop. If this could be positioned first, I will find it ergonomic.

Sorry Mods, it's a double post with an another thread

If you just want to "request pit" there is an option in the game menu to directly map that to a button :)

https://i.imgur.com/Bd2diOz.jpg

seb02
07-10-2017, 11:42
If you just want to "request pit" there is an option in the game menu to directly map that to a button ;)

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb311/markschilling/request.jpg

Yes thanks. but the worry is that it does not propose, as in PC1, the change of tires, the fuel .... One must, beforehand, set a stop strategy. So, finally, unless I forget something, we have to go through the ICM menu.

Roger Prynne
07-10-2017, 11:43
Well done buddy and I appreciate all the work that has gone into this mod.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
07-10-2017, 11:44
Yes thanks. but the worry is that it does not propose, as in PC1, the change of tires, the fuel .... One must, beforehand, set a stop strategy. So, finally, unless I forget something, we have to go through the ICM menu.

That is correct. If you are on PC then you can try the system I have posted here. If you are on console then I guess you must wait to see if SMS implement a more efficient solution to the pit options in-car.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
07-10-2017, 11:46
Well done buddy and I appreciate all the work that has gone into this mod.

No bother bud :) I hope it proves useful to some folks. It's nice to give something back!

seb02
07-10-2017, 11:47
That is correct. If you are on PC then you can try the system I have posted here. If you are on console then I guess you must wait to see if SMS implement a more efficient solution to the pit options in-car.

it is for this reason that I would like the pit stop to be "facilitated" in the ICM menu. Thank you for your help.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
07-10-2017, 11:53
it is for this reason that I would like the pit stop to be "facilitated" in the ICM menu. Thank you for your help.

No worries :)

eracerhead
07-10-2017, 12:21
I have done much the same sort of thing in VoiceAttack (as well as macros for chat, etc). But as I've started league racing it was getting a little complicated to organize the mic usage between VA and TeamSpeak. So, as I'm also running Pinnacle Profiler which allows dual commands (I.e.: push vs. hold button operations) I have used that extra functionality to drive all those ICM operations now from my wheel's integrated joystick. So now I press and hold the button up for instance, and it drills down to the fuel menu. I then just dial in the specific load I want, and I'm set. I do have VoiceAttack as a backup, but if you have the buttons on your wheel, it's nice to have a couple of different ways to do the same thing.

mr_belowski
07-10-2017, 18:17
Marcusarillius - see my PM response on the CrewChief forums :)

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
07-10-2017, 18:33
Marcusarillius - see my PM response on the CrewChief forums :)

WOW! That was quick. You da man :) Much appreciated buddy! I'll sort them now and then update the first post here to let everyone benefit from this :)

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
07-10-2017, 20:43
Hey guys.

I was talking with Jim (mr_belowski) from CrewChief, and I asked him if it was possible for him to record the audio responses which I required for this mod, instead of the crappy TTS option I was using.
He has very kindly done this for me :)

So I will make a new profile tomorrow and upload it with the Voicepack that Jim has made. I will include instructions on how and where to install it to in a README file which will be included in the zip.
This will basically integrate VoiceAttack with CrewChief, so you will have the same voice giving you responses for Crewchief feedback and also the Voice Attack commands.

Watch the first post tomorrow for the update. I will also still leave the Voiceless version for people that don't have CrewChief, or just don't want the voice responses.

Mark.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
07-10-2017, 23:55
I decided to make a LITE & FULL version of the profile in both VOICE and NO VOICE flavours. So anyone that doesn't feel like, or can't afford to buy Voice Attack can still use the profile, albeit a heavily stripped down one, due to the 20 command limit in the free version of Voice Attack.

I have just uploaded the NO VOICE version now(LITE & FULL versions), but have to wait until tomorrow to finalise Jim's voicepack before I can upload the final VOICE version. I left the old voice version up there in the meantime though, but this doesn't have the LITE & FULL versions, and it's only the crappy TTS voice.

jimortality
08-10-2017, 00:02
I couldn't get it to work this morning but I'm at work now but will have an hour when I finish in the morning and sort out the keyboard edit as per your instructions.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
08-10-2017, 00:21
I couldn't get it to work this morning but I'm at work now but will have an hour when I finish in the morning and sort out the keyboard edit as per your instructions.

There shouldn't be any issues Jim. Had a few friends test it too and everything worked as intended.

peterCars
08-10-2017, 02:15
this might work too for PC's including win7,10
http://joytokey.net/en/
shareware but apparently with no limitations. (begware, askware)

I havent tried PCars2 out with multiple controllers though , using a joystick and it's big buttons to do stuff.

jimortality
08-10-2017, 04:23
There shouldn't be any issues Jim. Had a few friends test it too and everything worked as intended.

Yes, I'm looking forward to using it as everytime I go into ICM during races, I end up on the grass lol

Rex191191
08-10-2017, 06:17
I spent yesterday setting up voice attack for this. Got everything working well with 10 pit strategies but the order of the strategy changes from race to race. Have you found this as well? Also for fuel adjust I have it navigate to the correct menu with the command “adjust fuel” and then add or subtract the amount with “add twenty” or whatever the amount required is or “remove thirty” . For example to add 78 you would give the commands “adjust fuel” “add seventy” “add eight””close menu”.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
08-10-2017, 07:32

I havent tried PCars2 out with multiple controllers though , using a joystick and it's big buttons to do stuff.

That's not voice controlled.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
08-10-2017, 07:39
I spent yesterday setting up voice attack for this. Got everything working well with 10 pit strategies but the order of the strategy changes from race to race. Have you found this as well? Also for fuel adjust I have it navigate to the correct menu with the command “adjust fuel” and then add or subtract the amount with “add twenty” or whatever the amount required is or “remove thirty” . For example to add 78 you would give the commands “adjust fuel” “add seventy” “add eight””close menu”.

I haven't found a way around the pit strategies changing for different cars. Just set it up on a per race basis. What you can do is for each race just take a note of what pit strategies you have and what order they are in, and then just leave them as they are and call whichever one in the order you want.
So if your top one is "dry tyres and fuel fill", and the one under that is "wet tyres and no fuel", then call "pit strategy 1" for the top one and "pit strategy 2" for the one under that.
The commands I have just select whichever is in positions, default, 1, 2, 3 and 4. So just not what is in those positions.

I'm glad you got it all working and tailored it to your needs :)
My main goal was to keep it as straightforward as possible. Also to not have a situation where someone might forget to say "close menu" and it messes it up.

jimortality
08-10-2017, 07:47
I havent found a way around the pit strategies changing for different cars. Just set it up on a per race basis.

I'm glad you got it all working and tailored it to your needs ☺️
My main goal was to keep it to as few a command as possible. Also to not have a situation where someone might forget to say "close menu" and it messes it up.
Final reason that I kept it more simple was that I'll be uploading a voicepack version later today to integrate it with CrewChief, and didn't want too many audio files.

Ok, I've got it working but I may need to do some more voice training as it didn't always respond but I've now downloaded the voice file so I'll give that ago later. Do I have to tell it to close menu?

Rex191191
08-10-2017, 07:51
I havent found a way around the pit strategies changing for different cars. Just set it up on a per race basis.

I'm glad you got it all working and tailored it to your needs ☺️
My main goal was to keep it to as few a command as possible. Also to not have a situation where someone might forget to say "close menu" and it messes it up.
Final reason that I kept it more simple was that I'll be uploading a voicepack version later today to integrate it with CrewChief, and didn't want too many audio files.

I’ve downloaded yours to see how it compares to what I have set up and I wanted to try crew chief. Nice idea for the integration with crew chief

OzzyNeil
08-10-2017, 08:09
Nice job Marcus

Cheers

jimortality
08-10-2017, 08:46
Do I have to have windows speech recognition open as well as voice attack? cheers

OzzyNeil
08-10-2017, 08:58
Do I have to have windows speech recognition open as well as voice attack? cheers

No mate but its good to do the training bit if you havent already

jimortality
08-10-2017, 09:11
No mate but its good to do the training bit if you havent already

Ok cheers, yes I've been doing the training :eagerness:

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
08-10-2017, 10:22
Do I have to tell it to close menu?

No, all of my commands close back to the original position, so as it's all setup for the next command.

jimortality
08-10-2017, 17:18
I'm struggling now. I'm using the voice file but she only confirms when I change pit strategy. I assign my button but when I press to talk, nothing comes on screen to say if anything has changed so I end up having to manually select the ICM on the keyboard which defeats the object .

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
08-10-2017, 18:02
I'm struggling now. I'm using the voice file but she only confirms when I change pit strategy. I assign my button but when I press to talk, nothing comes on screen to say if anything has changed so I end up having to manually select the ICM on the keyboard which defeats the object .

Dunno mate. Try the new ones just uploaded. Don't forget to delete the old profiles in Voice attack after you import the latest one, so you won't accidentally load the wrong one.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
08-10-2017, 18:02
Updated to v1.0

Right folks. Check out the first post again as the new files are up. Enjoy :)

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
08-10-2017, 19:00
New video made showing Voice-pack in action. See on first post.

jimortality
08-10-2017, 19:20
Dunno mate. Try the new ones just uploaded. Don't forget to delete the old profiles in Voice attack after you import the latest one. Otherwise they'll conflict.

Ah, I added the new profile with voice and kept the original but I was able to select each one separately but I didn't delete the original.

Maurice Boeschen
08-10-2017, 19:26
Is this only working with the standard english version or is this also working with other language versions like German? (not the voice commands, they need to be applied in english I guess, just wondering if the english voice commands are working when the in game texts are German^^)

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
08-10-2017, 19:33
Is this only working with the standard english version or is this also working with other language versions like German? (not the voice commands, they need to be applied in english I guess, just wondering if the english voice commands are working when the in game texts are German^^)

Sure. As long as you map the key assignments as I showed in the pics in the first post, and say the commands in English, then it will work.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
09-10-2017, 09:33
I've just updated the "Versions" image to show all commands, and explain what the "menu commands" do. See first post. If you are still seeing the old images, clear your browser cache for this site and it should update.
Let me know how the new version works for you guys.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
09-10-2017, 10:42
I added a better explanation on how the "Pit strategy" commands work. See new pic on first post. I've also added a download link at the bottom for the list of voice commands if you want to print them out.

Marlborofranz
09-10-2017, 12:37
Well, now is the time where I ask myself why the heck I didn't find this any earlier?

Thanks a ton for this awesome profile! Will give it a try this evening. Now in PCars 2 I finally had lots of races with people being at my pace, so after 30 minutes of racing there is just a 3 seconds gap in between us. I had a race last time where my fuel calculation was a bit off and I had to shift early and to safe fuel but the guy behind me was just having 3 seconds of distance, getting closer each lap. Too few fuel for exactly one lap and navigating the ICM while racing with a dude in your neck is not really comfortable. I don't do this because I don't want to provoke a crash due to me being distracted. It's really cool to be able to use voice commands and also to have the original CrewChief voice.

Awesome work, mate.

Grüße nach Berlin ;)

jimortality
09-10-2017, 13:54
None of my business but is it possible to sticky this?

Marlborofranz
09-10-2017, 21:23
Nice one,

It took over an hour to get the english speech recognition package installed on my computer, but now it works! And it actually works perfekt. Very nice and neat and also the voice recordings are awesome.

Just one question - i love the variaty of things you can ask the crew chief, but I also want to use your voice attack profile. Both using push-to-talk like in a real race car. The problem is that for example when I prompt fuel plus five, voice attack confirmes the change is made, however crew chief responds that it didn't understand my question.

Is there any workaround besides using two different push to talk buttons for voice attack and crew chief?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

fresquito
09-10-2017, 22:08
Thanks for sharing. This will be super helpful!

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
10-10-2017, 00:49
Nice one,

It took over an hour to get the english speech recognition package installed on my computer, but now it works! And it actually works perfekt. Very nice and neat and also the voice recordings are awesome.

Just one question - i love the variaty of things you can ask the crew chief, but I also want to use your voice attack profile. Both using push-to-talk like in a real race car. The problem is that for example when I prompt fuel plus five, voice attack confirmes the change is made, however crew chief responds that it didn't understand my question.

Is there any workaround besides using two different push to talk buttons for voice attack and crew chief?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Leave it with me and I'll see if it can be solved. Have been thinking about this problem already :)

jimortality
10-10-2017, 00:55
I'm finally sorted!!!

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
10-10-2017, 01:07
I'm finally sorted!!!

Glad to hear Jim. Happy driving :)

Brado23
10-10-2017, 04:36
This is fantastic. Thanks for your work on this. I already had voiceattack but was only using it for pit request and cancel pit, but all the other stuff you have added is great.... especially with the voice confirmations!

In my profile I have also added commands (in addition to yours) for:

NVidia Geforce Experience Start Recording, Stop Recording, Record last 10 mins and Grab Screenshot
Various chat commands like thanks, sorry, etc to allow me to communicate to others whilst driving without having to type.

Voiceattack is definitely a great piece of software. Well worth whatever I paid for it.

Thanks for all of your working setting this stuff up. I struggled with navigating the menu's while driving and now with your setup it is an absolute breeze!

OzzyNeil
10-10-2017, 09:39
Hey Marcus not sure if you want to add this to it, just did a basic quick chat profile like iracing to say things like

Sorry
Thank you
entering pits
exiting pits
good luck all
pass left
pass right
no worries

I guess everyone has to make sure you don't have any of these letters mapped to anything else.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1XWr5zDdWHYUzhKMmU3VjlaNUU

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
10-10-2017, 11:09
Hey Marcus not sure if you want to add this to it, just did a basic quick chat profile like iracing to say things like

Sorry
Thank you
entering pits
exiting pits
good luck all
pass left
pass right
no worries

I guess everyone has to make sure you don't have any of these letters mapped to anything else.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1XWr5zDdWHYUzhKMmU3VjlaNUU

Cheers man. Ya was thinking about adding that functionality. I'll update to v1.1 :)

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
10-10-2017, 12:10
Updated to v1.1

Updated to v1.1 to include chat commands and a pdf in each zip file with all the commands :)

SimonJ
10-10-2017, 12:39
This looks very cool just brought Voice Attack looking forward to trying when i get home :)
Thank you for making the profiles :)

To adapt to my RF2 as well take it I just map same keys to commands ?

M. -VIPER- Morgan
10-10-2017, 13:05
I have done much the same sort of thing in VoiceAttack (as well as macros for chat, etc). But as I've started league racing it was getting a little complicated to organize the mic usage between VA and TeamSpeak. So, as I'm also running Pinnacle Profiler which allows dual commands (I.e.: push vs. hold button operations) I have used that extra functionality to drive all those ICM operations now from my wheel's integrated joystick. So now I press and hold the button up for instance, and it drills down to the fuel menu. I then just dial in the specific load I want, and I'm set. I do have VoiceAttack as a backup, but if you have the buttons on your wheel, it's nice to have a couple of different ways to do the same thing.

I agree. It would be nice if you can have the ICM assignment in game mapped to your wheel and additional have VoiceAttack to control the ICM, too. Or the other way around having the in game assignment configured for VoiceAttack and still be able to push buttons on your wheel, which executes this keyboard keys. Then you have two parallel working ways.

I think because of that, there was the following idea from Peter, where you can translate the wheel buttons to the keyboard assignments which are configured in game:

As I know there is no possibility to execute Wheel Button presses with VoiceAttack.

Maybe there is another chance -> link (http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=201.msg1535#msg1535)

If I understand it correctly, you can use the wheel buttons as input for commands,too. And not only for push-to-talk.
You should be able to change the assignment in game for the Voice Attack profile as described in the OP, for example ICM menu with the cursor up key. And then use a wheel button as input trigger for simple commands, like: input trigger: Button 7 from CSW -> execute Keyboard key cursor Up. This would be the same funcionality like joytokey.
If this works you have both ways working. The only problem: if you want to use the wheel buttons only, you need VoiceAttack running.

Can someone test, if this is working? I am also interested in.

EDIT:
As an additional note, from my past days as Logitech Momo user I know, that the Logitech Profiler was directly able to map wheel buttons to keyboard keys, but the Fanatec driver cannot do this. You need an additional software to do this.

EDIT2:
From the VoiceAttack manual (https://voiceattack.com/VoiceAttackHelp.pdf)

EDIT3:
If this is working you are further able to map complex ICM commands to one wheel button, this is interesting if you have many buttons or a button box.
For example push one button to change to the Pit Strategy 2 or you have three buttons for change tires on next pit stop to soft, hard or wet.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
10-10-2017, 14:21
I agree. It would be nice if you can have the ICM assignment in game mapped to your wheel and additional have VoiceAttack to control the ICM, too. Or the other way around having the in game assignment configured for VoiceAttack and still be able to push buttons on your wheel, which executes this keyboard keys. Then you have two parallel working ways.

I think because of that, there was the following idea from Peter, where you can translate the wheel buttons to the keyboard assignments which are configured in game:

As I know there is no possibility to execute Wheel Button presses with VoiceAttack.

Maybe there is another chance -> link (http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=201.msg1535#msg1535)

If I understand it correctly, you can use the wheel buttons as input for commands,too. And not only for push-to-talk.
You should be able to change the assignment in game for the Voice Attack profile as described in the OP, for example ICM menu with the cursor up key. And then use a wheel button as input trigger for simple commands, like: input trigger: Button 7 from CSW -> execute Keyboard key cursor Up. This would be the same funcionality like joytokey.
If this works you have both ways working. The only problem: if you want to use the wheel buttons only, you need VoiceAttack running.

Can someone test, if this is working? I am also interested in.

EDIT:
As an additional note, from my past days as Logitech Momo user I know, that the Logitech Profiler was directly able to map wheel buttons to keyboard keys, but the Fanatec driver cannot do this. You need an additional software to do this.

EDIT2:
From the VoiceAttack manual (https://voiceattack.com/VoiceAttackHelp.pdf)

EDIT3:
If this is working you are further able to map complex ICM commands to one wheel button, this is interesting if you have many buttons or a button box.
For example push one button to change to the Pit Strategy 2 or you have three buttons for change tires on next pit stop to soft, hard or wet.

Ya you can trigger events with any joy-button. I won't be adding this though for 2 reasons. Firstly, the main thing I wanted to do was control menus by voice. Secondly, as everyone's hardware is different (button boxes, wheels, joysticks etc.) it would be impossible to make one profile to suit everyone.

People are more than welcome to take this profile though and remap the triggers to whatever they like :)

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
10-10-2017, 14:25
This looks very cool just brought Voice Attack looking forward to trying when i get home :)
Thank you for making the profiles :)

To adapt to my RF2 as well take it I just map same keys to commands ?

No worries Simon. Yup, just delete the content in box#2 in the picture in the above post by M.-VIPER-Morgan, then assign whatever you want. You can click recorder and do a complex series of commands if you like :)

M. -VIPER- Morgan
10-10-2017, 15:18
Ya you can trigger events with any joy-button. I won't be adding this though for 2 reasons. Firstly, the main thing I wanted to do was control menus by voice. Secondly, as everyone's hardware is different (button boxes, wheels, joysticks etc.) it would be impossible to make one profile to suit everyone.

People are more than welcome to take this profile though and remap the triggers to whatever they like :)

I fully agree and thanks for your great work.
I only want to show that it still could be possible to use the wheel buttons.
Depending on the situation you can then deside what you want to use.

jimortality
10-10-2017, 15:26
Right, I've added the 1.1 version now can we stop adding please it's great, no need to confuse me even more.

Roger Prynne
10-10-2017, 15:32
^LOL

Javaniceday
10-10-2017, 21:29
This is amazing...

Does the voice recognition work better than the one in my car? 'cuz the one in my car sucks!

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
10-10-2017, 21:35
This is amazing...

Does the voice recognition work better than the one in my car? 'cuz the one in my car sucks!

:D Works very well!

Brado23
10-10-2017, 21:47
This is amazing...

Yeah it does work well as long as you do the 10 minute voice training with it.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
10-10-2017, 21:49
Yeah it does work well as long as you do the 10 minute voice training with it.

I didn't have to do any training, buy I guess my accent is kinda neutral. YMMV though.

Brado23
10-10-2017, 21:59
Mustn't have liked my Aussie accent lol.

Once I did the training it is almost perfect. Only had to do the training once.

SimonJ
11-10-2017, 06:06
Work great :)
Thank you
Only thing i had to do was set as Administrator :cool:

Marlborofranz
11-10-2017, 07:34
Mustn't have liked my Aussie accent lol.

Once I did the training it is almost perfect. Only had to do the training once.

Thats good! Had some issues with my German accent as well. But somewhere on the voice recognition training dialogue Microsoft states that every time you use your voice, the voice recognition will be trained. VoiceAttack worked 95% accurate on the first try. However CrewChief had some issues understanding me. But after 2-3 times repeating the command, voice recognition gets used to the way I pronounce words and after that it dramatically improves. Just keep using it - it will become better the more often you use voice recognition.

EDIT: An Idea I just had:
When selecting a pit strategy then voice attack directly navigates to the strategy in question and loads it. The problem is that you have to remember which slot holds which strategy. Maybe we could add a voice command that just navigates to the pit strategy menu so you can have a look. And then more commands to select the desired strategy.

Just an idea...

Cheers

jimortality
11-10-2017, 08:00
What about the recognition delay in the voice attack options, does that make any difference?

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
11-10-2017, 09:05
Thats good! Had some issues with my German accent as well. But somewhere on the voice recognition training dialogue Microsoft states that every time you use your voice, the voice recognition will be trained. VoiceAttack worked 95% accurate on the first try. However CrewChief had some issues understanding me. But after 2-3 times repeating the command, voice recognition gets used to the way I pronounce words and after that it dramatically improves. Just keep using it - it will become better the more often you use voice recognition.

EDIT: An Idea I just had:
When selecting a pit strategy then voice attack directly navigates to the strategy in question and loads it. The problem is that you have to remember which slot holds which strategy. Maybe we could add a voice command that just navigates to the pit strategy menu so you can have a look. And then more commands to select the desired strategy.

Just an idea...

Cheers

I could do that. Good idea :)

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
11-10-2017, 09:05
What about the recognition delay in the voice attack options, does that make any difference?

Haven't messed with it

Brado23
11-10-2017, 09:54
I could do that. Good idea :)

Hold off on the updates. Sounds like there are changes to ICM in the patch which was just released. Might mean you have to change a lot of your ICM actions?

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
11-10-2017, 10:12
Hold off on the updates. Sounds like there are changes to ICM in the patch which was just released. Might mean you have to change a lot of your ICM actions?

Updated to v1.2

Too late :D v1.2 is up with changes detailed in the pics.

If anything is broken by the patch I'll fix it if I can.

M. -VIPER- Morgan
11-10-2017, 10:50
New PC patch is available on Steam with 3.6 GB.

Hi All,
We have pushed live the 2.0 patch on Steam. Details below:

Project CARS 2 - PC Patch 2.0

• Improved driving line assist.
• Various AI behavioural and race line improvements.
• Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.
• Improvements and enhancements to audio and sound effects.
• Improvements and enhancements to replays and replay cameras.
• USB keyboard support improved.
• Improvements, enhancements and fixes to Career flow.
• Enhancements to various cars’ handling and standard setup improvements.
• Tweaks and fixes to Achievement / Trophy unlock logic.
• Tweaks and fixes to setup UI and flow.
• Improved default assists for gamepad users.
• Fixes and improvements to headlights and brake lights.
• Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.
• Improvements and enhancements to steering wheel support.
• Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.
• Optimisations to tracks across the game.
• Myriad render and performance tweaks and improvements.

Compatible Dedicated Server build has been pushed live on Steam as well (protocol version 1.0.0.46).

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
11-10-2017, 13:25
If anything has changed I can't see it :D
I'll be doing another version though as I've noticed an issue regarding changing tyres.

I only noticed today how varied the types of tyres are between the different cars, and also their position in the menu, so reliably calling for specific tyres between cars won't work.
So the plan is to setup the same system as the Pitstop. So you go to the tyre menu and then just say "next tyre" or "previous tyre", then "select tyre".
Unfortunately it's the only reliable solution.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
11-10-2017, 15:33
Updated to v1.3
Solved the tyre issue. Now it operates in a similar manner to selecting a pit strategy. As I said in the previous post...

I only noticed today how varied the types of tyres are between the different cars, and also their position in the menu, so reliably calling for specific tyres between cars won't work.
So the plan is to setup the same system as the Pitstop. So you go to the tyre menu and then just say "next tyre" or "previous tyre", then "select tyre".
Unfortunately it's the only reliable solution.

If you look at the first post you can see the changes. also see the readme and command pdf included in each zip file for changes.

V1.3 adds a couple extra chat commands "Hi" and "bye", it reworks the tyre system, and it changes some commands and refines things a bit. The LITE command list has also been slightly changed.
I'll do a new video to show the way things work now when I get a chance.

Let me know what you think :)

p.s-Donation link added now in Sig for anyone that's feeling generous :)

Neil Bateman
11-10-2017, 22:12
I noticed in your OP screenshots you dont have buttons mapped for brake bias but the voice command works for it, do they have to be left blank as i could not get brake bias to work but that is probably me setting up wrong.
Thank you for your hard work on this, donation coming on payday.:applause:

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
11-10-2017, 22:19
I noticed in your OP screenshots you dont have buttons mapped for brake bias but the voice command works for it, do they have to be left blank as i could not get brake bias to work but that is probably me setting up wrong.
Thank you for your hard work on this, donation coming on payday.:applause:

It just uses the arrow keys via the ICM. I didn't map a specific button for it. You can actually assign buttons on your wheel to brake balance also, so you can have manual control plus the voice control. Mapping buttons for it in the menu won't interfere with how the voice control addresses it.

That's very good of you mate. Cheers :)

Neil Bateman
11-10-2017, 22:41
It just uses the arrow keys via the ICM. I didn't map a specific button for it. You can actually assign buttons on your wheel to brake balance also, so you can have manual control plus the voice control. Mapping buttons for it in the menu won't interfere with how the voice control addresses it.

That's very good of you mate. Cheers :)

Thanks for quick reply, I will try again with new version.

As a side note I am sure I saw a video with someone using something like this for raceroom, is that possible?

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
11-10-2017, 23:23

Have a look at the "Optional mod" I just added below the download links on the first page. It's just a hack, but it'll do the job.
As usual, backup the original files first ;)

All instructions are in a README included in the zip.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
11-10-2017, 23:27
Thanks for quick reply, I will try again with new version.

As a side note I am sure I saw a video with someone using something like this for raceroom, is that possible?

It will work with any game mate. How elaborate the navigation can be would of course depend on the game.
I was actually thinking about making profiles for some different games as folks seem to like this one, and I don't mind doing this fiddly type of work :D
If there are any profiles that someone would like, but either don't have the time, or the patience to make them themselves, just let me know and I'll see if I can do one :)

Javaniceday
12-10-2017, 07:38
It works amazing! Thank you! What's the link to make a donation to you Marcusarillius?

Only one problem, which kinda breaks it for me. When the menu is up (after I choose Change Tyre, then next tyre, etc etc) or simply while it navigates after I make a command, my controller becomes inactive. So I can't steer or anything anymore. How do I get around that? Thank you!

EDIT - okay, it appears that when the ICM menu is being controlled by the keyboard, it just automatically disables the controller. It's not voice attack - damn..... this doesn't happen with wheels and pedals?

Dukester72
12-10-2017, 07:58
Firstly thank you for this VA profile MarcusarilliuS, it's a much better solution than trying to navigate the clunky ICM using keyboards or buttons.

After seeing your new updates on how you handle pit strategies & tyres, I wonder if you could do the same to have VOICE commands for stability control, traction control & abs settings?

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
12-10-2017, 08:47
It works amazing! Thank you! What's the link to make a donation to you Marcusarillius?

Only one problem, which kinda breaks it for me. When the menu is up (after I choose Change Tyre, then next tyre, etc etc) or simply while it navigates after I make a command, my controller becomes inactive. So I can't steer or anything anymore. How do I get around that? Thank you!

EDIT - okay, it appears that when the ICM menu is being controlled by the keyboard, it just automatically disables the controller. It's not voice attack - damn..... this doesn't happen with wheels and pedals?

Link to donate is in my signature :)

No that doesn't happen with the wheel. Surprised it does with the controller. What controller do you have?

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
12-10-2017, 08:49
Firstly thank you for this VA profile MarcusarilliuS, it's a much better solution than trying to navigate the clunky ICM using keyboards or buttons.

After seeing your new updates on how you handle pit strategies & tyres, I wonder if you could do the same to have VOICE commands for stability control, traction control & abs settings?

Cheers mate. Glad you like it :)

I'll look into that for a future update.

Javaniceday
12-10-2017, 15:36
Link to donate is in my signature :)

No that doesn't happen with the wheel. Surprised it does with the controller. What controller do you have?

An Xbox One controller. Pretty standard. I think this is baked in. Something having to do with the fact that the directional arrows in the keyboard by default steer and break the car - but is overriden by wheels and pedals but not on game pads.

Short of there being a way to disable this functionality (fat chance) Is there a way to modify the voiceattack profile to use a different set of keys instead of the arrow keys?

EDIT - okay so steering with the arrow keys is baked into the game, somehow. Even if you reassign steering to be another set of keys for keyboard control, the arrow keys will still control steering, gas and break on the car. So as soon as you touch them to work the ICM, it overrides the steering control for itself and other devices - except wheel and pedals, somehow.

So the only way to make it work is to instead of using the arrow keys to navigate the ICM, to use another set of keys, like , . / and L, for instance. I did check how to modify the VoiceAttack profile to use those keys instead of the arrow keys - is it as tedious as I imagine it will be? Or is there a fast and easy way?

Marlborofranz
12-10-2017, 16:47
Just donated a beer because I found somewhere that with 1-2 beers you'll have better lap times. :P

Edit: To be honest I never donated a lot. But I think you deserved it because you're actually taking care of suggestions we make, you keep the stuff updated on the fly, organized the original CrewChief-Dude to record voices for you... thats pretty neat and safes everyone else in the community a lot of time. Would push the like button twice if I could. :P

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
12-10-2017, 17:02
An Xbox One controller. Pretty standard. I think this is baked in. Something having to do with the fact that the directional arrows in the keyboard by default steer and break the car - but is overriden by wheels and pedals but not on game pads.

Short of there being a way to disable this functionality (fat chance) Is there a way to modify the voiceattack profile to use a different set of keys instead of the arrow keys?

EDIT - okay so steering with the arrow keys is baked into the game, somehow. Even if you reassign steering to be another set of keys for keyboard control, the arrow keys will still control steering, gas and break on the car. So as soon as you touch them to work the ICM, it overrides the steering control for itself and other devices - except wheel and pedals, somehow.

So the only way to make it work is to instead of using the arrow keys to navigate the ICM, to use another set of keys, like , . / and L, for instance. I did check how to modify the VoiceAttack profile to use those keys instead of the arrow keys - is it as tedious as I imagine it will be? Or is there a fast and easy way?

I'll have a look at fixing this for you mate. Leave it with me. I might have to make you a few custom tweaks :)

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
12-10-2017, 17:03
Just donated a beer because I found somewhere that with 1-2 beers you'll have better lap times. :P

Edit: To be honest I never donated a lot. But I think you deserved it because you're actually taking care of suggestions we make, you keep the stuff updated on the fly, organized the original CrewChief-Dude to record voices for you... thats pretty neat and safes everyone else in the community a lot of time. Would push the like button twice if I could. :P

Much appreciated buddy. Glad you like the mod :)

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
12-10-2017, 17:04
Updated to v1.4
v1.4 changed method for selecting fuel to be the same as tyres and pit strategy. Some phrasing changes and streamlining. See readme and command pdf included in zip for changes.

Javaniceday
12-10-2017, 19:01
I'll have a look at fixing this for you mate. Leave it with me. I might have to make you a few custom tweaks :)

Nice.... thank you man. You could make this a standalone VoiceAttack profile for pad users - I presume I won't be the only one that encounters this issue. I'm using the Full Voice version.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
12-10-2017, 19:40
Nice.... thank you man. You could make this a standalone VoiceAttack profile for pad users - I presume I won't be the only one that encounters this issue. I'm using the Full Voice version.

I figured it out. It will involve changing the assignments in-game to match the new ones I set though.
The easiest solution is to just change it for everyone. I don't want to have multiple profiles. So I will upload later tonight and leave a note and updated pics on the first page so as everyone will know they need to remap some buttons, and which ones :)

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
12-10-2017, 22:41
Updated to v1.5
v1.5-(Xbox controller compatible)-changed key assignments to numpad keys instead of directional arrows, as the arrows were conflicting with xbox controller and disabling the steering when ICM was open.
changed method for selecting pit strategies to match fuel and tyres. Changed the phrasing for a few other commands.
Added a new section called misc, that contains the following new commands...

-cycle hud display
-show lap info
-toggle ABS
-toggle opponent names
-toggle stability control
-toggle traction control

Controls have been changed for this version so you need to remap them. See pics on first page.

Javaniceday
13-10-2017, 03:59
You're the boss dude. Thanks so much. Donation on its way.

jimortality
13-10-2017, 04:30
Firstly, I do appreciate the effort you put into this Marcus but it's gone from being a really handy tool to overly complicated. Does it depend on engine noise and crew chief being really quiet so it can hear me because If I turn down the spotter then that defeats the object. It was working fine on the first 2 versions but why set up for xbox controller? How many people on PC are going to be using xbox controller. Can I have the crewchief files for version 1.3 again please I'm going to stick with that version thanks. Plus can you send me the keyboard configuration for the earlier versions as well please so I can remap them to the earlier version cheers

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
13-10-2017, 07:28
Firstly, I do appreciate the effort you put into this Marcus but it's gone from being a really handy tool to overly complicated. Does it depend on engine noise and crew chief being really quiet so it can hear me because If I turn down the spotter then that defeats the object. It was working fine on the first 2 versions but why set up for xbox controller? How many people on PC are going to be using xbox controller. Can I have the crewchief files for version 1.3 again please I'm going to stick with that version thanks. Plus can you send me the keyboard configuration for the earlier versions as well please so I can remap them to the earlier version cheers

Thanks Jim.

Firstly, as I explained in an earlier post, due to me realising that both the naming and positioning of tyres between different cars varies in the ICM so much, the original system simply will not work reliably for all cars. I originally only tested for GTE. Also the pit strategy selection is better now, due to being able to see exactly which is which before selecting, and the same with fuel.

I implemented the changes that people suggested which I agreed with and thought would improve the functionality of the mod. I don't think it's overly complicated. It just works slightly different now but is much more functional.

Regarding Xbox controller users, you'd be surprised. I have some friends that use it at times when using the wheel is too loud. Plus, not everyone has a wheel.

Regarding updating to newer versions, if you are happy with an older, less reliable and less functional version then you can most certainly stay with that. As I mention on the first post though, backup your old files (as you do with any mod). Luckily I have a backup of v1.3 so you can have that, but please keep your own Backups in the future, as I might not have kept a record of a particular older version.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7WmKS-OPBQVQkpQdzNPX0g1ams/view?usp=drivesdk

If you want to use an older version just remap the menu navigation back to the arrow keys, from the numpad keys.

Remap "numpad 9" to "up arrow", "numpad 3“ to" down arrow", "numpad 7" to "right arrow" and "numpad 1" to "left arrow".

Nothing has changed regarding audio in this version. Are you using headphones or speakers?

Mark.

jimortality
13-10-2017, 08:14
Thanks Jim.

Firstly, as I explained in an earlier post, due to me realising that both the naming and positioning of tyres between different cars varies in the ICM so much, the original system simply will not work reliably for all cars. I originally only tested for GTE. Also the pit strategy selection is better now, due to being able to see exactly which is which before selecting, and the same with fuel.

I implemented the changes that people suggested which I agreed with and thought would improve the functionality of the mod. I don't think it's overly complicated. It just works slightly different now but is much more functional.

Regarding Xbox controller users, you'd be surprised. I have some friends that use it at times when using the wheel is too loud. Plus, not everyone has a wheel.

Regarding updating to newer versions, if you are happy with an older, less reliable and less functional version then you can most certainly stay with that. As I mention on the first post though, backup your old files (as you do with any mod). Luckily I have a backup of v1.3 so you can have that, but please keep your own Backups in the future, as I might not have kept a record of a particular older version.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7WmKS-OPBQVQkpQdzNPX0g1ams/view?usp=drivesdk

If you want to use an older version just remap the menu navigation back to the arrow keys, from the numpad keys.

Nothing has changed regarding audio in this version. Are you using headphones or speakers?

Mark.

Thanks Marcus. I'm using headset Astro A40 and when I have crew chief and voice attack without the game, it does seem to recognise but then when I go to game, it doesn't seem to want to play with me. What should I be naming the pit strategies now? Have they changed? Cheers

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
13-10-2017, 10:10
Thanks Marcus. I'm using headset Astro A40 and when I have crew chief and voice attack without the game, it does seem to recognise but then when I go to game, it doesn't seem to want to play with me. What should I be naming the pit strategies now? Have they changed? Cheers

Dunno why it won't recognise in game now for you . That's strange. Maybe check your push-to-talk button mapping to make sure everything is ok. Maybe assign to a different button and test?

The pit strategies are as described on the first page now.

Fuel, pit strategy and tyres are all the same system now.

a) First you say "change tyres", "change pit strategy" or "change fuel load" and you will be taken to the correct sub-menu.
b) For fuel you say "fuel+5" or "fuel-10" etc. For strategy you say "next strategy" or "previous strategy". For tyres you say "next tyre" or "previous tyre".
c) Finally to make your choice you say "Accept fuel load", "confirm pit strategy" or "confirm tyre selection".

I noticed there was an error in v1.5 regarding "next strategy" and "previous strategy" having incorrect button mappings, so they didn't work. I've fixed them now and have just updated to v1.6 to correct those errors and a couple other things.
I'd recommend to backup the link I sent you in case you decide to revert to the old version, but do try v1.6. The new system is just a little different in how you phrase things, but it works much better, and will work for every car. The old system will set wrong tyres on 50% of the cars, so you can't trust it.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
13-10-2017, 10:11
Updated to v1.6
v1.6-Fixed error with "next strategy" and "previous strategy" having incorrect button mappings.
Added "fix custom damage" to suit when you have loaded a custom strategy with damage repair specifications in it.
Few other small fixes.

jimortality
13-10-2017, 10:48
Dunno why it won't recognise in game now for you . That's strange. Maybe check your push-to-talk button mapping to make sure everything is ok. Maybe assign to a different button and test?

The pit strategies are as described on the first page now.

I noticed there was an error in v1.5 regarding "next strategy" and "previous strategy" having incorrect button mappings, so they didn't work. I've fixed them now and have just updated to v1.6 to correct those errors and a couple other things.
I'd recommend to backup the link I sent you in case you decide to revert to the old version, but do try v1.6. The new system is just a little different in how you phrase things, but it works much better, and will work for every car. The old system will set wrong tyres on 50% of the cars, so you can't trust it.

That's great thanks Marcus but in the earlier versions, we had to name the pit strategies do you remember?

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
13-10-2017, 10:55
That's great thanks Marcus but in the earlier versions, we had to name the pit strategies do you remember?

Don't need to do that anymore. you just say "change pit strategy" and it takes you to the list.
Then you say either "next strategy" or "previous strategy" to go up and down the list. This works better as you can have as many as you like, and name them whatever you like and just navigate to them easily.
Finally when you are on the one you want just say "confirm pit strategy" and it will select that one.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
13-10-2017, 10:55
Updated to v1.7
v1.7 - Fixed timing with "ready to go" command. Sometimes it would get stuck on wrong menu due to speed of the presses being incorrect.
Removed "fix custom damage" as it's found out it's not necessary. When you change manually custom disappears off the list.

This will hopefully be the last update for a while, unless something is broken :D

jimortality
13-10-2017, 11:20
Updated to v1.7
v1.7 - Fixed timing with "ready to go" command. Sometimes it would get stuck on wrong menu due to speed of the presses being incorrect.
Removed "fix custom damage" as it's found out it's not necessary. When you change manually custom disappears off the list.

This will hopefully be the last update for a while, unless something is broken :D

ah yes, this also happened. I'm in work for another 6 hours, how many versions will be up by then lolol. Great job though Marcus thanks

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
13-10-2017, 11:55
how many versions will be up by then lolol

The couple of updated versions this morning were the result of me messing with it when it was late last night and I was tired :D

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
13-10-2017, 12:05
Video on first page updated to show new navigation methods.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
14-10-2017, 11:20
Updated to v1.8
(ONLY ONE PROFILE FROM NOW ON. FULL-VOICE VERSION ONLY.)
v1.8 -
Changed phrasing of some commands.
Changed from "previous" and "next" commands to directions and numbers for easier navigation. So now you say "right 1", "left 5", "up 3" or "down 2" to select tyres and pit strategy.

New commands are as follows...
-add or remove(plus the number for fuel)eg. add 50, remove 20...
-tone up & down (FFB). Now don't need to say a number.
-volume up and down (FFB) "
-ARB up and Down (instead of +1 and -1)
-brake balance up and down.(instead of +,- number)eg. up 5, down 2.
-up and down(pit strategy). eg. up 2, down 3, up 1.
-left and right(tyres). eg. left 1, right 3, left 4.
-"confirm" now the command for tyres, fuel and pits. eg. "confirm tyre selection", "confirm fuel load" & "confirm pit strategy".
-added "server pass" command. I left the command blank as you need to enter whatever your server pass is (if you use a regular one) and then it will enter it for you.

jimortality
14-10-2017, 11:32
Updated to v1.8
(ONLY ONE PROFILE FROM NOW ON. FULL-VOICE VERSION ONLY.)
v1.8 -
Changed phrasing of some commands.
Changed from "previous" and "next" commands to directions and numbers for easier navigation. So now you say "right 1", "left 5", "up 3" or "down 2" to select tyres and pit strategy.

New commands are as follows...
-add or remove(plus the number for fuel)eg. add 50, remove 20...
-tone up & down (FFB). Now don't need to say a number.
-volume up and down (FFB) "
-ARB up and Down (instead of +1 and -1)
-brake balance up and down.(instead of +,- number)eg. up 5, down 2.
-up and down(pit strategy). eg. up 2, down 3, up 1.
-left and right(tyres). eg. left 1, right 3, left 4.
-"confirm" now the command for tyres, fuel and pits. eg. "confirm tyre selection", "confirm fuel load" & "confirm pit strategy".
-added "server pass" command. I left the command blank as you need to enter whatever your server pass is (if you use a regular one) and then it will enter it for you.

For anyone that wishes to stick with the last version to include "no voice" and "LITE" I left "v1.7" links at the bottom of the post in the section marked "OLD".

I've run out of printing paper for the pdf commands :topsy_turvy:

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
14-10-2017, 11:35
I've run out of printing paper for the pdf commands :topsy_turvy:

:biggrin-new:

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
14-10-2017, 15:03
Video on first page updated to show v1.8 features.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
14-10-2017, 16:57
Updated to v1.9
v1.9 -

-Changed brake bias adjustments to be on buttons rather than via ICM. The benefit of this is that it will pop up on the screen to show you the actual setting as it changes it.
(You need to remap it in the game menu to.. [increase brake bias "=" and decrease brake bias is "-"].
-Added missing numbers between 1 & 10 for adding and removing fuel amount. (1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9).
-Added missing brake bias numbers (+ and - 6,7,8,9)

Siberian Tiger
14-10-2017, 17:09
Request Pit is not working correctly :( You should use the Hotkey (It's definated) not via ICM.
For Example in Practice with the Camaro ZL-1 it doesn't select Pit Request, because there are greyed out Menu elements in the ICM.

But the Rest is really cool! Loving it!

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
14-10-2017, 17:18
Request Pit is not working correctly :( You should use the Hotkey (It's definated) not via ICM.
For Example in Practice with the Camaro ZL-1 it doesn't select Pit Request, because there are greyed out Menu elements in the ICM.

But the Rest is really cool! Loving it!

Ah crap :(

Ok, I'll change to a key so. Good find mate, cheers :) Prepare for v2.0 :D :D :D

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
14-10-2017, 17:24
I just checked and when you do it via the ICM you get the yellow board that pops up. When you do it via the button that doesn't show up. Can anyone confirm if it functions the same though?

Siberian Tiger
14-10-2017, 17:25
Yes, it's functioning the same... (I am just using the Pit Button)
Sometimes the Pitboard doesn't show up correctly...

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
14-10-2017, 17:41
Updated to v2.0

v2.0 -

-Changed "request pit stop" to "G" on the keyboard, as there was a problem with it being set via ICM for certain cars.

Don't forget to remap request to pit to "G" on the keyboard for the function to work.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
14-10-2017, 18:30
Updated to v2.1

v2.1-

-I didn't like the way the pitboard didn't show up with the button press for pit request. I figured out how to set the pit request via the ICM again, but not get it to stick when the functions are missing. It's only the "fuel map" and "brake bias" that get greyed out on some cars, so instead of navigating "down" to them, I will go "up" and jump straight to the bottom of the list. Then retrace the route to close. Seems to work. You can also set it to whatever manual button you want now as well if you like.

You no longer need to remap Pit request to "G" on the keyboard. Assign to anything you want, as the system does it via the ICM again.

Siberian Tiger
14-10-2017, 18:59
That's a good Solution :) Great App :)

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
14-10-2017, 19:16
That's a good Solution :) Great App :)

Cheers buddy :)

Neil Bateman
15-10-2017, 00:06
Links are down for me?

Opens google drive but wont download.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
15-10-2017, 00:30
Links are down for me?

Opens google drive but wont download.

Nope, all still good. Just checked the 2 links, V2.1 and the optional radio mod. Both still downloading fine. Try another browser if you are having issues.

Neil Bateman
15-10-2017, 00:32
OK thanks.

Marlborofranz
16-10-2017, 18:35
That's it: Thanks again, mate. I just noticed that on some cars the navigation gets messed up due to the ICM changes. Came to the forum to report this just to see that it has been fixed for ages. :P

I just love it. There is no online race where I am not using it.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
16-10-2017, 19:25
That's it: Thanks again, mate. I just noticed that on some cars the navigation gets messed up due to the ICM changes. Came to the forum to report this just to see that it has been fixed for ages. :P

I just love it. There is no online race where I am not using it.

Glad it helps you out bud :)

M. -VIPER- Morgan
17-10-2017, 08:19
If someone is interested in, I have a way where you are still be able to use the controller for the ICM.
The problem: For the VoiceAttack profile it is necessary to map the ICM functions to the Numpad keys on your keyboard, in result you lost the possiblity to control the ICM via your controller (wheel, button box, ...).
But sometimes it makes sense to have this possiblity, for example you are talking in teamspeak with other guys and don't want to use voice commands or you simple want to combine voice and button commands like: "change tyre selection" (voice) -> select tyre (controller) -> "confirm tyre selection" (voice).

The short answer: VoiceAttack also supports a simple one to one mapping from controller buttons as input and keyboard keys as output. That means you can map controller buttons to the Numpad keys, which then control the ICM.

The long version:

Prerequisites
The buttons you want to use may not have any assigments in Project CARS, which can sometimes be a problem, because Project CARS seems to have some default button assignments.
If there is an assigment you will see it in the end, because then you will execute two functions when you push a button.
In my case I use the mini stick on my CSW Porsche Rim for the mapping. The direction right of this stick for example had such a default mapping to the function "Telemetry Mode".

1. When you use the VoiceAttack profile from MarcusarilliuS the controller feature should be enabled already. But in my case with the mini stick I had to enable the HAT switch function in the options additionally.

243050 243051

2. Use the plus symbol in the VoiceAttack main view and Import the following profile 243052.
Now you have a profile which is customized to my system, in most cases you have to reassign the buttons now.
Go on edit pofile an then on edit for one of the commands.

Then click on the "..." Symbol in the line "When I press button"

And now push your controller button you want to use for the current command, here it is for ICM right.

You see the "Repeat Command while buttons are hold down" option is checked, explanation later.
Repeat the assignment now for the other 3 commands, too.

3. Go back to the main menu and rename the profile to your liking. Use the plus symbol again to export the profile to a file.

4. Switch to the VoiceAttack Profile from MarcusarilliuS, click on edit profile and then on the import button at the bottom.

Use the file you exported in step 3 and import the 4 commands

Now you can use voice commands and you are still be able to use your controller for ICM.
And it works better as the direct assignment of buttons to ICM in game, because in game it was not able to hold the button to trigger multiple changes.
If you wanted to change the brake bias by 5 via ICM for example you had to push the button 5 times. Now you can hold down the button and the value changes ca. every 0.4 seconds.

And last but not least you have now an export (step 3) from your own controller mapping. That means if MarcusarilliuS updates his profile you simple have to do step 4 again.
The only problem is if MarcusarilliuS will change the ICM keyboard assignment again. Then an update of your controller profile is necessary, too.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
17-10-2017, 18:21
The only problem is if MarcusarilliuS will change the ICM keyboard assignment again. Then an update of your controller profile is necessary, too.

Don't think I'll be changing the mappings of those keys again :)

haydnbuzz
18-10-2017, 18:21
This looks like amazing work and I've half got it working! Currently I can change the Brake Bias however when I try changing a tyre or pit strategy the ICM menu doesn't appear? I can't see an option to toggle it on off anywhere? As A result I can't seem to navigate around the menu such as the video describes. I bought and registered VoiceAttack so don't think it's a macro limitation. Any help would be much appreciated!

Siberian Tiger
18-10-2017, 18:30
Be sure that you have the ICM on the Correct Key Mapping (See first Post)

haydnbuzz
18-10-2017, 19:49
Be sure that you have the ICM on the Correct Key Mapping (See first Post)

Silly me thanks, I'd mapped to my keyboard as opposed to keypad! Amazing piece of work. Thank you to all involved!

M. -VIPER- Morgan
20-10-2017, 06:29
Here I have an example why it can make sense to combine voice and controller commands for the ICM. BTW thanks again MarcusarilliuS for the great work and great in combination with CrewChief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdtz4FaMDps

At the end of lap 2 it began to rain, I had not much time to change the tire selection to wet.
I had exact the situation what I described in my HowTo (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54642-Voice-control-mod-UPDATED-v2-1&p=1399724&viewfull=1#post1399724).
I used the "change tire selection" voice command, then switched through the tires with wheel mini stick and finally used the "confirm tire selection" voice command.
IMO the fastest way doing it.

jimortality
21-10-2017, 10:12
Anyone able to get the chat box to work with the voice command? I'm struggling with it but everything else is great cheers

jimortality
21-10-2017, 10:21
Here I have an example why it can make sense to combine voice and controller commands for the ICM. BTW thanks again MarcusarilliuS for the great work and great in combination with CrewChief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdtz4FaMDps

At the end of lap 2 it began to rain, I had not much time to change the tire selection to wet.
I had exact the situation what I described in my HowTo (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54642-Voice-control-mod-UPDATED-v2-1&p=1399724&viewfull=1#post1399724).
I used the "change tire selection" voice command, then switched through the tires with wheel mini stick and finally used the "confirm tire selection" voice command.
IMO the fastest way doing it.

AI didn't pit?

M. -VIPER- Morgan
21-10-2017, 10:34
AI didn't pit?

They didn't pit, right.
I think they already had wets at race start. In my first attempt with same race settings I had tires automatic by weather and I also had wets at race start.
But I changed the tires in setup to hard for the recording.

jimortality
21-10-2017, 11:04
They didn't pit, right.
I think they already had wets at race start. In my first attempt with same race settings I had tires automatic by weather and I also had wets at race start.
But I changed the tires in setup to hard for the recording.

So you ran hard tires in the wet?

M. -VIPER- Morgan
21-10-2017, 11:37
So you ran hard tires in the wet?

No, I started with hard instead of the automatic chosen wet. In the car setup the tires are default on automatic depending on weather. In this case it would be wet, because of that I think that the AI had wets since the beginning. I changed the setup on my second attempt, which I recorded, before the race to hard tires.
And during the pit I changed then from hards to wets.

ZulfoDK
24-10-2017, 03:54
This is great work, and I have been "tinkering" with it to get it to where I want it - and it works really well now.

I have been changing things like having it react to both "select" and "change" - its pretty easy, just write "[change;select] fuel" and it will react to both "change fuel" and "select fuel". Same with "pass right", it have changed it so it reacts to both "pass [me; ;] right" and it reacts to "pass me right" or "pass right", makes it more natural, with more ways of saying things :)

jimortality
24-10-2017, 06:10
Anyone got the chat to work?

ZulfoDK
24-10-2017, 10:56
Anyone got the chat to work?

Yep, no problem at all - also added some of my own chats (mostly to ask people to p*ss off when they ram me!)

Butithought
24-10-2017, 17:09
Hello together,

in the manual i have to reassign the "Increase Break Bias" to Keyboard =
For the = letter on my Keybord i have to hit shift 0
Now when i want to reassign in PCars 2 with = the Game only recognize "shift" or "0" but not "="
can anyone help me ?
thx

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
24-10-2017, 17:15
Hello together,

in the manual i have to reassign the "Increase Break Bias" to Keyboard =
For the = letter on my Keybord i have to hit shift 0
Now when i want to reassign in PCars 2 with = the Game only recognize "shift" or "0" but not "="
can anyone help me ?
thx

Find the assignment in the profile and modify it to be whatever key you want. In your case, maybe "0"?

jimortality
24-10-2017, 19:05
Yep, no problem at all - also added some of my own chats (mostly to ask people to p*ss off when they ram me!)

Everything else works great, it's just the chat is hit and miss. If I say "Chat say Hi" it shows up in the box as tHi, If I say "Chat say pass etc" I just get a quick flash of the text box. Anything to do with ICM is brilliant.

Neil Bateman
24-10-2017, 21:55
Everything else works great, it's just the chat is hit and miss. If I say "Chat say Hi" it shows up in the box as tHi, If I say "Chat say pass etc" I just get a quick flash of the text box. Anything to do with ICM is brilliant.

I too am having trouble with voice recognition, i can only put it down to the quality of the mic. Right now ony half of what i say is understood.

jimortality
24-10-2017, 22:13
I too am having trouble with voice recognition, i can only put it down to the quality of the mic. Right now ony half of what i say is understood.

Well My Astro's cost me £220 so I'm not accepting my mic is the issue. For me though it's just the chat part. It would be good if we could have a video of it working in multiplayer.

ZulfoDK
25-10-2017, 04:02

If you get the flash of white texts it's not that Voice Attack did not understand you, but maybe the input in the text box is a bit bugged. If you know how to edit commands, try editing the command that gives you a "flash", and try and extend the pauses between each letter a bit, and maybe add an extra enter at the end of the text input.

The way text works in PC2 with Voice Commander is a bit... strange... I would like if it worked like in Elite Dangerous where you can send entire textstrings to an outbox instead...

ZulfoDK
25-10-2017, 04:04
Oh, and I'll check if I can record some of my chat - I use "pass me" all the time in multiplayer... it's just that I play in VR, and I have yet to get it to record actual gameplay with Nvidias recording software.

Brado23
27-10-2017, 10:05

Did you do the voice training which goes for about 10 mins? I had trouble with voice recognition too straight after installing, but after doing the voice training it is near perfect.

ZulfoDK
01-11-2017, 14:55
Did you do the voice training which goes for about 10 mins? I had trouble with voice recognition too straight after installing, but after doing the voice training it is near perfect.

Voice Training is essential! Lots of people ignores it, but that would be a big mistake.

The more times you run the training, the better...

cercata
02-11-2017, 10:11
This is amazing, but without 2 keybinds for every action, it's not an opcion for me :(

Gambit74
04-11-2017, 19:42
When I say "change tyre selection" it goes to swop driver?

Update: OK, it seems to be the menu not backing out correctly.... Me not confirming the command. (My Bad).

hugopro4
05-11-2017, 10:04
Doesn't work for me unfortunately cuz im not a native speaker :(

ZulfoDK
05-11-2017, 11:47
Doesn't work for me unfortunately cuz im not a native speaker :(

Neither am I - but with my heavy danish accent, it still works :)

Rx4speed
05-11-2017, 15:01
That's not voice controlled.

True; however, those using VoiceBot can use JoytoKey to bind joystick(wheel) buttons to keyboard commands, since VB doesn't support this feature.

Gambit74
05-11-2017, 22:15
This went properly wrong for me today when I fluffed a command and on the next attempt it went to swap driver. Amazingly the driver swap took place half way round the track :disturbed: WTF is that about PCars2!!! ...Where was he hiding, in the boot???

Here's a suggestion to the Devs. If you're going to stick with this ...for lack of a better word "turd" pit selection system, make the menu so it doesn't roll over. What I mean is that when you go to the bottom and press down again it doesn't go back to the top and vice versa. Oddly one of the screens works like this but not all, this way the mod could have a speach to reset to selector to default. You could have 5 ups and a left, 5 ups and a left, 5 ups and a left and you'd be out regardless of where you left it.

ZulfoDK
06-11-2017, 04:10
This went properly wrong for me today when I fluffed a command and on the next attempt it went to swap driver. Amazingly the driver swap took place half way round the track :disturbed: WTF is that about PCars2!!! ...Where was he hiding, in the boot???

This also happens if you use the ICM manually - it's a PC2 bug not related to Voice Attack.

Here's a suggestion to the Devs. If you're going to stick with this ...for lack of a better word "turd" pit selection system, make the menu so it doesn't roll over. What I mean is that when you go to the bottom and press down again it doesn't go back to the top and vice versa. Oddly one of the screens works like this but not all, this way the mod could have a speach to reset to selector to default. You could have 5 ups and a left, 5 ups and a left, 5 ups and a left and you'd be out regardless of where you left it.

This would be great - but I think it would be far down on the list for SMS. Also, I would like it NOT to remember the last position in the menu, that would also make makro/scripting a lot easier.

But even Elite Dangerous, that has some of the best Voice Attack implementation I have seen, has an issue in some menues. But at least you can "reset" the menu in Elite, you really cant i PC2.

Rx4speed
06-11-2017, 11:47
Marcus, awesome work! I have a few questions, and they involve the use of the NumPad keys for the Car Management/ICM Menu moves.

One:
I have a tenkeyless keyboard. Luckily, I had a normal keyboard laying around, and I plugged that in and used it to bind in-game commands to the NumPad, then unplugged it and carried on. However, I now can only access those NumPad bound commands using voice, or using a keyboard i hate and that does not fit my racing rig.

Two:
I see that CreewChief (it's in the help readme) uses the follwing for ICM commands:

PCars2
default key bindings:
"Car Management": e
"ICM Menu Up": w
"ICM Menu Down": s
"ICM Menu Left": a
"ICM Menu Right": d

Does this present a conflict with your Voice Attack profile since you are binding those commands with NumPad9 (both Car Mgmt and ICM Up..dunno why, but it works) , NumPad 3( ICM Down), NumPad 1(ICM Left) and NumPad 7(ICM Right)?

I did change a few things. I bound everything in-game to the keyboard, then used VoiceAttack to look for button presses on my wheel for those commands i wanted on my wheel's button box.

Lastly, moving those NumPad commands for use by tenkeyless owners would require a serious amount of editing of VA commands in the profile. I was able to copy and paste the entire command syntax from say, "don't fix damage" command to Notepad++ in hopes to Find and Replace all the NumPad 9's with W. This makes the editing super fast. HOWEVER, VA will not allow me to paste the edited syntax back into the Edit a Command screen. Any suggestions?

Anyway, with what I've tested, this is a MUST HAVE for sim racers. It just takes some tweaking for each persons particular needs and equipment. Thanks again, Marcus.

mr_belowski
06-11-2017, 11:58
you can change the crew chief key bindings to match the VA ones if you want - these are only the defaults. There's some info about this in the json file. If you want to use numpad keys, try key names like "NUMPAD4"

Rx4speed
09-11-2017, 14:23
you can change the crew chief key bindings to match the VA ones if you want - these are only the defaults. There's some info about this in the json file. If you want to use numpad keys, try key names like "NUMPAD4"

I changed it, but got unrecongnizable command error in the scrolling info for crewchief. Changed them again, but used NUMPAD_9, etc., in place of the suggested NUMPAD9 syntax and all is working great now. Thanks for pointing me to the JSON, Belowski.

haydnbuzz
10-11-2017, 17:32
Are there any plans to expand the scope of voice commands. I've found on occasion I'm using slightly the wrong term which is easy to do mid battle and wondering why nothing is happening. It'd be great if slightly different terms of phrases could be used.

Some suggestions could be:
Repair all damage etc (currently fix)
Increase/Decrease fuel load (currently change fuel load)
Change mixture to (currently Mixture lean/normal/rich)
Change tyres to (currently change tyre selection)

Loving using this though,

Thanks!

ZulfoDK
11-11-2017, 18:12
Are there any plans to expand the scope of voice commands. I've found on occasion I'm using slightly the wrong term which is easy to do mid battle and wondering why nothing is happening. It'd be great if slightly different terms of phrases could be used.

Some suggestions could be:
Repair all damage etc (currently fix)
Increase/Decrease fuel load (currently change fuel load)
Change mixture to (currently Mixture lean/normal/rich)
Change tyres to (currently change tyre selection)

Loving using this though,

Thanks!

If you know just a little bit of Voice Attack, its pretty easy to change that yourself!!

In the box "When I say: " you can change it to what you want it to listen for, and you can make it react to multiple inputs.

Let's take you first suggestion:

"[fix;repair] [all; ;] damage" would let you say "fix damage", "fix all damage" "repair all damage" and "repair damage".

The same can be done for "Change tyre selection", you can make that "change tyre [selection; ;]" lets you skip the word "selection".

haydnbuzz
12-11-2017, 07:57
Thanks ZulfoDK,

Admittedly I didn't know this as I only bought the paid version for this Voice Control Mod and it's a new piece of software to me. I'll certainly be giving this a go and it sounds like this is indeed the answer!

Many Thanks!

Chad711
15-11-2017, 23:48
If I want only the ICM menu options to work then do I just need to bind keyboard keys for ICM Menu and Car Management? I have a sim button box for brake bias, roll bars, etc.

BTW I see you have a key bound for Chat box. Does your profile have a speech to text function? if not why is that bind necessary?

Nice work!

Glasnost
19-11-2017, 22:48
Will this program run with crew chief installed as well? I'm looking into getting crew chief and this program to enhance my racing experience.

mr_belowski
20-11-2017, 12:10
yes, they work fine together

Glasnost
26-11-2017, 11:41
So I got the program... followed the instructions to re-map the in game keys. Bound a "push to talk" button to my wheel. Did the voice recognition training (twice)
but still can't seem to get it to work. The info feed on the program just says unrecognized command... or something to that effect. (Im not near my pc to double check).
Do i need to assign the program in the third party program area like i do with crew chief?
Did i miss something?

Cheers.

Chad711
26-11-2017, 17:42
So I got the program... followed the instructions to re-map the in game keys. Bound a "push to talk" button to my wheel. Did the voice recognition training (twice)
but still can't seem to get it to work. The info feed on the program just says unrecognized command... or something to that effect. (Im not near my pc to double check).
Do i need to assign the program in the third party program area like i do with crew chief?
Did i miss something?

Cheers.

Run VA as admin.

Gix916
03-01-2018, 11:07
this looks like a very useful app but I use a seperate numpad as a pretend button box so have all my functions on those keys. Is there any way to alter the profile to use different keys?

edit: had another read thru here, I'd only want this to do the Tyre, Fuel & Damage functions of the ICM. (The changing the Brake Bias/ARBs I can easily do manualy without he need to use the ICM).

so will this work if I only assign the ICM navigation keys as per your profile?

haas
05-01-2018, 14:10
Suggestion: would it be possible to select tyres by name instead of having to navigate via left 1 right 2 etc. So: " change tyre selection:... soft slicks/wets/all-terrain" etc. I noticed how this still requires quite a bit of attention while racing when I don't know which compound is situated where on the right/left scale. Also, and this might be a fluke or something but sometimes when I select a pit strategy and say confirm pit strategy it quickly jumps to another strategy then the one I selected and puts a check there.
For the rest it's an awesome app and a whole lot better than to have to manuale navigate the icm- thanx!

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
07-01-2018, 18:03
Suggestion: would it be possible to select tyres by name instead of having to navigate via left 1 right 2 etc. So: " change tyre selection:... soft slicks/wets/all-terrain" etc. I noticed how this still requires quite a bit of attention while racing when I don't know which compound is situated where on the right/left scale. Also, and this might be a fluke or something but sometimes when I select a pit strategy and say confirm pit strategy it quickly jumps to another strategy then the one I selected and puts a check there.
For the rest it's an awesome app and a whole lot better than to have to manuale navigate the icm- thanx!

Not possible with the tyres as they are in different positions depending on what car you are driving. Dunno why it's glitching on strategy selection. It shouldn't be.

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
07-01-2018, 18:04
this looks like a very useful app but I use a seperate numpad as a pretend button box so have all my functions on those keys. Is there any way to alter the profile to use different keys?

edit: had another read thru here, I'd only want this to do the Tyre, Fuel & Damage functions of the ICM. (The changing the Brake Bias/ARBs I can easily do manualy without he need to use the ICM).

so will this work if I only assign the ICM navigation keys as per your profile?

Only assign what you want to use and that's fine. As long as you aren't trying to trigger voice commands that you don't have mapped there will be no issue.