PDA

View Full Version : PS4 System software

ChuckWagon
07-10-2017, 14:07
This is my experience with PS4 system software 5.0, and nothing against any part of PC2.

I had been using PC2 for several days before there was a PS4 system software upgrade recommend.
I had been making some stopwatch measurements of various parts of the PC2 game.
After PS4 5.0 update there was tremendous increase in various parts.
One example is when the shared setup downloads, it took 28 seconds to load after 5.0 upgrade.
That was easy to measure as the practice clock froze, and it was just a matter of subtracting the froze, and clock continue times.

I bit the bullet and deleted everything with PC2, and reloaded.
Now it is as fast as game day one.

legacy-8
07-10-2017, 14:11
Interesting.

I'd like to add that I didn't install the game until after PS4 5.0 as I was away on holiday, and I have had no issues with game freezes or menu lag (apart from the multiplayer hanging between qualifying and race)

Olijke Poffer
07-10-2017, 14:14
This is my experience with PS4 system software 5.0, and nothing against any part of PC2.

I had been using PC2 for several days before there was a PS4 system software upgrade recommend.
I had been making some stopwatch measurements of various parts of the PC2 game.
After PS4 5.0 update there was tremendous increase in various parts.
One example is when the shared setup downloads, it took 28 seconds to load after 5.0 upgrade.
That was easy to measure as the practice clock froze, and it was just a matter of subtracting the froze, and clock continue times.

I bit the bullet and deleted everything with PC2, and reloaded.
Now it is as fast as game day one.

Thanks for the tip, perhaps I need to do this as well. Menus navigation etc take a very long time. Laosing a race also..

Dev Nibor
07-10-2017, 15:22
I don't see any difference tbh between pre 5.0 update and 5.0

Olijke Poffer
07-10-2017, 16:32
Mine was installed on the beta 5.0 OS. Then by a fault of Sony they installed the original OS again (4.6 I believe it was) and told us that we could experience problems with games installed during the beta 5.0. I had no problems but after the release of the new 5.0 OS the other week, things got bad... long loading screens etc.. so I guess I have to start all over again and see if this will fix the poblems..