PDA

View Full Version : The skill and reputation system is useless

toold
07-10-2017, 14:30
The reputation and skill point system is absolutely useless. The information about the levels are stored in your local document folder. So if you delete your pcars2 folder in documents, all your achievements are deleted as well. The point system has to be stored on a central server together with the steam ID, so it can't be altered in any way to make sense

Marlborofranz
07-10-2017, 14:38
Habe you tried deleting it? I can imagine that the file in your documents folder is a temporary storage for your licence so you can look it up when you're offline.
What happens if you delete it / alter it and join an online lobby? Because there is also a bug with the ui not updating and just showing the current license when you are online within a lobby... Maybe this file doesn't get updated and hence cause the ui bug.

(Because it makes sense performance wise to only pull your license data from the online server when you're really racing online. Otherwise the game would have to update the license every time even if you don't need it, hence the server would be bombed with requests)

Mahjik
07-10-2017, 15:32
The point system has to be stored on a central server together with the steam ID, so it can't be altered in any way to make sense

It already is...

toold
07-10-2017, 15:48
It already is...

It seems not, because it stays at U1500 even it was D1422 before I changed the hard drive to make a full fresh installation.
Also all lobbies with higher ratings than U are blocked.
So there is no such thing as a working central database about skills and reputation

Mahjik
07-10-2017, 16:26
It seems not, because it stays at U1500 even it was D1422 before I changed the hard drive to make a full fresh installation.
Also all lobbies with higher ratings than U are blocked.
So there is no such thing as a working central database about skills and reputation

There is a known issue with the UI's not displaying the correct rating.

toold
07-10-2017, 16:30
There is a known issue with the UI's not displaying the correct rating.

So lets hope for many fast arriving updates :)