PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying Etiquette (or lack of)

Ramshackle
07-10-2017, 14:52
This is obviously not a criticism of the game because it's an issue that's purely down to the online racing community, but the amount of times I'm just starting a hot lap and someone exiting the pit lane tries to race me into the first corner is unbelievable. Also, people infront of you who invalidate their lap going off track, then peel back infront of you and refuse to let you past, ruining your lap.

Personally, I always look to see if any cars are speeding down the straight when I'm exiting the pits. Then I'll make sure to keep off the racing line and let them through. And I continue to let people pass until I start my own qualifying lap. Just wondered what other players thoughts are on this?

Tbolt
07-10-2017, 15:59
Completely agree, but this always happens with online racing you get the people that think they are so good that they don't want to get passed by anyone :hopelessness:

Mr.60trim
07-10-2017, 16:26
Yes. This is very annoying.

clanky
07-10-2017, 16:42
I've experienced this a lot too. Does safety rating take into account practice laps or qualifying laps or is it for races only?

Mr.60trim
07-10-2017, 16:47
I've experienced this a lot too. Does safety rating take into account practice laps or qualifying laps or is it for races only?
Only for races.

Trippul G
07-10-2017, 17:16
Behavior like this is frustrating, but not surprising. I haven't seen a single racing game that so much as touches on, let alone instructs the player, as to proper racing etiquette in various situations, and it's debatable as to whether or not it's the game's place to actually do that. Sure some players know better and act that way anyway due to ego or just plain carelessness, but you can't always blame the player for not behaving properly when there's a very real chance that they haven't been taught the proper way to behave.

Roger Prynne
07-10-2017, 17:19
Kids will be kids :rolleyes:

NeonFlux
07-10-2017, 17:22
It was a common problem on pcars 1 and yes very annoying. I host my own lobbys and that if i see that kind of behaviour the culprit gets a polite request not to do it. If they do it again they get kicked.

valfar
07-10-2017, 17:34
Racing online is so damn rage inducing.. Getting a good corner exit before a straight and speed enough to pass, slow car rams you as you are up his side. This happens more often than not...both in qualifying and racing.

I try to laugh it off, but inside I'm raging. The cowardness and lack of respect of such a move grinds my gears.

When I'm the slow one my reaction is "Well done sir, here, I'll make some room for you to pass". Even then you know the guy passing me is afraid to get rammed.

Shitty, shitty people.