PDA

View Full Version : Option to MUTE all players in the lobby

jdmnsprd
07-10-2017, 16:59
Please make it an easy 1 click button on top of all the player names even before anybody joins so i dont have to hear anybody during mid race because its annoying and distracting! Thanks

Chawabax
07-10-2017, 17:15
I agree, this is an important option to add to the game :yes:

jaredinhouston
07-10-2017, 17:39
Yes very annoying and also its about 5 times louder then the rest of the game. Throws you off your groove and probably even wake up the kids

Dev Nibor
07-10-2017, 22:49
Agreed, we need a mute all button. The workaround I use now is creating a party for myself and prioritize party chat which mutes all people not in the party.

GenBrien
08-10-2017, 13:27
Yes very annoying and also its about 5 times louder then the rest of the game. Throws you off your groove and probably even wake up the kids

and the sound ''loads'' before the rest of the game
so you're forced to listen to some morons about 20-30 seconds before beeing able to mute them

sVig
09-10-2017, 14:53
It still amazes me that despite the amount of times it's requested that devs don't put this feature in by default nowadays. For many games not just this.

itonz
10-10-2017, 08:07
in this case, I'll be create Private Party to leave alone.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
10-10-2017, 08:26
Would it be possible to have it so we only hear people with headsets on when we have our own plugged in like on gta amd other games

Lord_Flexington
10-10-2017, 12:43
i have no idea why this isn't a thing. so many hot mics out there

ccvampyre
13-10-2017, 14:03
Would it be possible to have it so we only hear people with headsets on when we have our own plugged in like on gta amd other games

+1

also could be in audio options

chat volume 1-100

:)

Michal7M
09-11-2017, 11:29
Very annoying, no matter if simple mute all or configurable level would be great to have.

Djuvinile
10-11-2017, 09:37
+1 on "mute all" button :) (workaround is open a party btw)

Cobi
17-11-2017, 13:58
The problem with using a party to mute chats is that it makes my connection unstable. This is the main reason for my disconnects so I've stopped using this method as I've lost around 200 points because of this.

I tried switching to a wired connection on my ps4 and this understandably improved things, but I still get "disconnected due to party error". So this is no longer a viable solution for me.

+1 for a "mute all" function!

BIFTEKMAN
18-11-2017, 09:48
PC2 being a simulation, there’s an aspect to that to support a feature:
in real race I wouldn’t hear other players’ mics, so I don’t want to hear it in simulated race either.

Lord_Flexington
29-11-2017, 15:46
yea idk why this isn't already a thing...

quik-R
29-11-2017, 16:20
What he said...

twotonetommy
29-11-2017, 17:40
A volume slider option under audio for users with mics would be nice. I don't mind other people chatting sometimes but usually it's so loud that it is intolerable. The mute all would also be welcome under certain circumstances.

SMS - keep up the great work.

bradleyland
29-11-2017, 18:04
The voice chat has become an "un-feature" for me.

- The volume is so loud that everyone I know has to go in and reduce their microphone volume to 20% in order to even make it tolerable.
- Because the volume is so loud, most people I race with use parties (which are, unfortunately, limited to 8 people).
- Most people I know run a party, even if they're racing alone, just so they don't have to deal with someone's dog barking in the middle of a race.

It all comes down to volume control. If we were able to adjust the voice chat volume, I think it would dramatically improve adoption. Bonus points for making the voice chat volume adjustable by key binding. I'd assign it to a keyboard button in a heartbeat.

Additional suggestion: mute currently speaking player. This button would mute whichever players are currently speaking. Sometimes you'll be mid-race and some player who was previously silent starts rearranging their furniture, or welding, or constructing something out of metal... I can never tell. In any case, it's usually deafening, and I fear for my hearing (I wear headphones) in many cases. It's to the point where I will not join a public lobby without also creating a party. I simply will not risk the health of my hearing.

b1sakher
30-11-2017, 14:33
dude just create a private party on playstation and don't invite anyone. it will stop ingame chat.

twotonetommy
30-11-2017, 14:36
dude just create a private party on playstation and don't invite anyone. it will stop ingame chat.

Read post 13

stevewf1
07-12-2017, 21:35
New patch has not solved this issue. Still other players are too loud, and can't seem to mute people.

SCClockDr
07-12-2017, 23:22
My TB PX4 headset requires a chat cable. I simply yank it out, or flip the mute button if I'm in the pits or lobby. My PS3 Gold HS is an issue though (no chat cable). I usually swap HS's pre/post qual/race. Both are plugged in & ready to go.

When the open mike falls from the playseat to the floor is a treat.

The Last V8
18-12-2017, 11:13
totally agree...must have a "MUTE ALL" button

iggy
18-12-2017, 19:06
So, then I'm not like crazy... and there is no way to mute everyone easily , or to lower the volume on all voice(s) in a lobby? Wow, that just is not good news.

leeroy98
20-12-2017, 11:01
This is so frustrating needs a fix so off putting flying round the track in qualifying then someone joins with one of those annoying headsets (not sure why they need one to race??) have to go back to pits and mute them... also when playing with wheel I have no right stick so have to switch on ds4 controller so I can scroll down on there name and mute them

iggy
20-12-2017, 12:52
In general, isn't this a Playstation issue at some level? ( Not trying to let SMS off the hook though ). I mean, isn't there like a volume control that would allow you to adjust how loud the users are in a online lobby , one that carries over to the same user/player voices while racing?

Either way, this really is a major problem for me ( and I'm sure others ) who are trying to race online with multiple players. If I turn the volume up enough to have a chance of understanding what's going on with my car, then some other player starts talking, etc... it like makes my ears hurt and annoys the heck out of others living in my house.

Surely there has to be a solution to this, something straight forward, like adjust the volume of sounds coming from other players microphones.

stevewf1
20-12-2017, 14:17
This is so frustrating needs a fix so off putting flying round the track in qualifying then someone joins with one of those annoying headsets (not sure why they need one to race??) have to go back to pits and mute them... also when playing with wheel I have no right stick so have to switch on ds4 controller so I can scroll down on there name and mute them

Experiencing exactly the same issues. Once someone joins with a loud mic, you can't hear your engine revs, nor sound of tyres sliding / locking, so completely puts you off your lap.

Lord_Flexington
20-12-2017, 18:46

Experiencing exactly the same issues. Once someone joins with a loud mic, you can't hear your engine revs, nor sound of tyres sliding / locking, so completely puts you off your lap.

not gonna lie this particular issue irks me to no end. 2 patches or so in and this wasn't addressed. I mean you legitametly cannot focus when so n so is blasting wallace and gromits greatest hits into their mic. And the wheel thing is correct i cannot go to the menu to mute. Meaning i must disembark from seat rig and get Ds4 controller then mute. Minutes lost and frusturation gained.