PDA

View Full Version : Penalty System needs to be fixed

Joshbishop82
07-10-2017, 17:17
I have worked hard to get my rating up, i got it as far as E1580 and in two races im down to E1509 because ive had to retire due to damage from a backmarker (same guy in both races) who side swipped me into a wall destroying my engine...how can that be my fault, ive no choice but to retire and its because i retired that i get a massive penalty. I think that if you leave a game when your engine has more than 30% damage then you shouldnt get any penalty. Its penalty enough that i cant finish the race.

Siberian Tiger
07-10-2017, 17:23
There might be adjustments in the Future when it Comes to -Points. But such a Thing like "When more than 30% Damage and Leaving, then no - Points" it will be abused by Rammers etc.

It's not an easy an fast Task to Balance such a Rating. The Time will tell if there really is a Need to reduce the "Leaving Race" -Points...

Also you always have the possibilty to spectate the rest of the Race.

MerlinC
07-10-2017, 17:50
Well, in reality you would not get championship points when you are not able to finish the race - thus loosing performance rating is accceptable. Although nobody is going on o be happy about that and it's questionable whether involved drivers will take less risk to avoid incidents in the next race (at least my experience in iRacing)

more of an issue would be if you get downrated in your safety rating (the letter). But it seems that it is not that sensitive and we will have to be prepared that it will be very difficult (one say unpossible - but I not agree) to implement an automated judgment of incidents and just penalize the driver causing the incident.

Ashleyqprw12
08-10-2017, 15:01
The points system is frustrating as I find myself sacrificed enjoyment through fear of not being able to level up and avoid the idiots. Like you say when damaged to a point you can't continue you have to retire but reality we need to limp home. Hopefully the game can look into steering/brake inputs to better judge online crashes but I fear the system is just to complex.

I'll continue to retire from races where I feel I'm robbed from having fun I don't have lots of game time so I need to cut the down sides an focus on enjoyment

saygday1
08-10-2017, 18:32
I still don't fully understand the point system, I have been taken out by other drivers, slammed in the back by cars not slowing down at all for corners and lost a heap of points.
I finally won my first online race yesterday driving in the GTO at Mt Panorama and received no points for the win can't work it out

I will stick with it as I am enjoying the game just hope the point system becomes a lot fairer.

lmntr
09-10-2017, 01:31
I hit the wall a couple of times with the setting for collisions on and I got penalty in qualifying spots. It does not differentiate between collisions with walls or other drivers.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
09-10-2017, 06:22
Last night I had 40 points deducted after being kicked for no reason I asked the host why I was kicked and his reply was I don't respect and don't play fair bye bye �� after being at work all day and this happening in 1St race I wasn't to happy, WRT-SeBlinks was the host he usually races TC at redbull gp with his other WRT crew

Roger Prynne
09-10-2017, 08:46
At least you know not go there again.
I know it's a pain in the rear but you're always going to get idiots online.

quik-R
09-10-2017, 20:39
I finally won my first online race yesterday driving in the GTO at Mt Panorama and received no points for the win can't work it out

Same here, 10 laps of Monza in GT3, finally won *punched the air* checked license points and nothing :/

hugopro4
24-12-2017, 13:38
fas

Zaskarspants
24-12-2017, 13:46
Same here, 10 laps of Monza in GT3, finally won *punched the air* checked license points and nothing :/

The system is an elo like set up I think, like the system in chess scoring. To get points you must best people who are higher rated than you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

danpinho
25-12-2017, 13:23
I've grind to B1600. Hard work and hard to make my way up!
Lost JUST 100 pts in two races. Now I'm B20% 1490 :mad:

In my opinion the system works, race clean and go up!

How to avoid idiots?

1. Forget podium for a while, safety first;
2. Wait a couple of months and the system will do proper filter the idiots;
3. Create lobbies with real assists and full damage, after all this is a sim not a toy and after that watch the carnage from back position;
4. Drive at safe distance ahead and behind
5. Capitalise from stupid mistakes.

danpinho
25-12-2017, 18:38
Clean race, idiot driver, lost more 20 pts

http://youtu.be/uUybdYeelIE

Dikikeys
25-12-2017, 22:53
With replays able to be saved and shared, it beats me that outrageous incidents can't be submitted to SMS and utter deliberate wreckers receive maybe a month online ban. Repeat offenders longer. Three strikes and you're out...

I'm looking at the PC2 public rooms... Damn few (compared to other games, for instance), damn few players. SMS really can't task an intern with going through the submissions and blocking the worst of them? If you can't design a system that detects deliberate malice, and you want the mantle 'sim', you have to provide stewards.

Not a system for 'he said, she said' stuff, but a system for outrageous ramming and typical psychopathic online behavior. Public shame on these forums for those banned (with the video evidence for all to see) might discourage the sociopaths from playing, and make them go back to other games that encourage mayhem.

Lord_Flexington
26-12-2017, 15:03
I think we need to know how long we need to slow down for a penalty. If im racing hard in 2nd place and at somp point put a tire in teh wrong area. I get slow down penalty. no timer, no inclanation as to what will suffice to service the penalty. Braking hard in the middle of the straight is not a fair or honest option. Let us know what exatly you want us to do!

Dikikeys
26-12-2017, 18:36
I still believe, for PC2 to have ANY credibility as a 'sim', that penalties for track abuses need the SAME penalties as IRL. There is no race series on the planet that makes drivers coast (or brake and coast) for an unspecified time in response to infractions. You get a warning, maybe a second warning, then a drive-through. Or if in the last lap or so, a timed penalty usually sufficient to drop you a place or more. If a track infraction gains you a position inside that sector, you are told to return it.

Ask Verstappen!

None of this is difficult in the slightest to implement. Much of it already is in place. The detection is there. Drive-throughs are there. You Crew Chief can be scripted to give the warnings.

But anyone that wants to brag this game is a 'sim' needs to admit this is an utterly game-breaking non-sim behavior that MUST be changed.

Lord_Flexington
29-12-2017, 17:12
I still believe, for PC2 to have ANY credibility as a 'sim', that penalties for track abuses need the SAME penalties as IRL. There is no race series on the planet that makes drivers coast (or brake and coast) for an unspecified time in response to infractions. You get a warning, maybe a second warning, then a drive-through. Or if in the last lap or so, a timed penalty usually sufficient to drop you a place or more. If a track infraction gains you a position inside that sector, you are told to return it.

Ask Verstappen!

None of this is difficult in the slightest to implement. Much of it already is in place. The detection is there. Drive-throughs are there. You Crew Chief can be scripted to give the warnings.

But anyone that wants to brag this game is a 'sim' needs to admit this is an utterly game-breaking non-sim behavior that MUST be changed.

I feel horrible. Im beginning to get very annoyed with this game. What in the blue blazes does slow down mean? EXPLAIN THIS SHIT. If i get put off into the curb to avoid contact but then I GET the slow down. ITS SO VAUGE. how long do i slow down for? minimum speed? Whats the penatly going to be? If its just 1 second well F it i will keep racing and hope for the best. Seriously get on this and the MIc situation. WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH would you mute all other sounds so we can hear someone else's mic? Please tell me where thats a benefit to the masses. I have replays of me 2 wheels on track, 2 on curb and i get a penalty. WHY? for what reason I'm not even off track and in zolder you MUST use the curbs.

Seriously give us some updates cause this is legit game breaking for me. I can't enjoy a race where I'm penalized for literally racing or having to hear mouth breathers all game.

granracing
30-12-2017, 02:58
Yes, exactly!!!! I was racing at Watkins Glen and put 2 wheels on a curb then for a penalty. Wtf? In real life, if one doesn't do that plus a bit you're going too slow. So I slow down, but I guess not slow enough on a looog straight and still get a penalty. Killing me.

Lord_Flexington
30-12-2017, 03:08
Yes, exactly!!!! I was racing at Watkins Glen and put 2 wheels on a curb then for a penalty. Wtf? In real life, if one doesn't do that plus a bit you're going too slow. So I slow down, but I guess not slow enough on a looog straight and still get a penalty. Killing me.

Yep as someone who has actually raced at the glen it literally pains me to get a penalty on T1 for kissing the outer kerbs knowing full in a race or HPDE we can bless the kerbs quite a bit. Its stupid. I want it fixed. Im complaining. I just don't want to be stuck only racing offline with everything turned off just to have fun.

granracing
30-12-2017, 03:20
If one doesn't go over the kerbs on T1 at the Glen, wave good bye. That's what the curbs are there for!!! They are apart of the track. Sigh.

MrF1
31-12-2017, 02:33
I had a simular experience at Imola last night. I was continuously penalised for touching the kerb of turn 9 and 10. I feathered off it more to give lee way and avoid futher penalties but i was still receiving slow down requests.

Absolutely rediculous.

Zaskarspants
31-12-2017, 12:54
I had a simular experience at Imola last night. I was continuously penalised for touching the kerb of turn 9 and 10. I feathered off it more to give lee way and avoid futher penalties but i was still receiving slow down requests.

Absolutely rediculous.

This suprises me, touching the kerbs and getting a penalty. I NEVER get a penalty for touching a kerb, I think there is a lot of BS posted about this.

bmanic
31-12-2017, 12:58
Tons of people are completely dishonest or simply completely ignorant of their own driving. I'm pretty sure most who complain would see that 99% of the time they did indeed have more than half the car over the line/over the majority of the kerbs and perhaps on the grass.

You see it all the time with the various pCars youtube streamers and sim channels. "Why did I get a penalty there?? Huh, a silly system".. yet all the viewers can clearly see the dude went off the track.

It's rather amusing to see how unaware people are of their own actions in general. Same thing happens when commenting on the AI, especially in pCars 1 when people complained of totally reckless AI, when the majority of cases the players were freely ramming the AI as if they weren't even there. This is true for most sims.. as soon as you treat the AI with respect, as if they were real players, you'll suddenly notice the AI being quite good in many titles in terms of avoidance and fair play.

bazzalaar
31-12-2017, 14:50
Find it more frustrating than anything. For the most part it works. Just did a race at spa and I ran wide out of "Campus"? turn14. Made a mistake nearly went in the wall. rejoined with the dreaded "SLOW DOWN" message. I ignored it, Past experience has shown that slowing down often costs you more than just taking the penalty. Gave me a 4 second penalty!!! That was a bit surprising. My lap time was down by 2 seconds due to going off, then a 4 second pen...

Would be good if the system could link in to lap times/splits. So you get a warning for going off and if you gain time in that sector (known by split times) then you get a penalty.

DervPM
31-12-2017, 16:19
Tons of people are completely dishonest or simply completely ignorant of their own driving. I'm pretty sure most who complain would see that 99% of the time they did indeed have more than half the car over the line/over the majority of the kerbs and perhaps on the grass.

You see it all the time with the various pCars youtube streamers and sim channels. "Why did I get a penalty there?? Huh, a silly system".. yet all the viewers can clearly see the dude went off the track.

It's rather amusing to see how unaware people are of their own actions in general. Same thing happens when commenting on the AI, especially in pCars 1 when people complained of totally reckless AI, when the majority of cases the players were freely ramming the AI as if they weren't even there. This is true for most sims.. as soon as you treat the AI with respect, as if they were real players, you'll suddenly notice the AI being quite good in many titles in terms of avoidance and fair play.

It's a game bmanic, a game and games are there to enjoy.. The rules are unrealistic and ruin enjoyment off many..

Zaskarspants
31-12-2017, 16:33
It's a game bmanic, a game and games are there to enjoy.. The rules are unrealistic and ruin enjoyment off many..

That makes no sense. Rules are fundamental to any game, you just want a looser interpretation. It is hyperbole to claim it ruins the enjoyment of many and a claim that you have no evidence for.

My personal preference is for the current system but with an added timer bar with the penalty.

DervPM
31-12-2017, 16:40
That makes no sense. Rules are fundamental to any game, you just want a looser interpretation. It is hyperbole to claim it ruins the enjoyment of many and a claim that you have no evidence for.

My personal preference is for the current system but with an added timer bar with the penalty.

It's a forum Z, not my promotion thesis.. Read the amount of complaints and you know I'm wright..

Zaskarspants
31-12-2017, 16:57
It's a forum Z, not my promotion thesis.. Read the amount of complaints and you know I'm wright..

Yes, and many comments are from the same people and a few undermine their case by making claims that are untrue in my experience of the game.

MaximusN
31-12-2017, 17:43

Right that is my whole problem with how the enforcement of those rules work. This is not a game, it's a sim. So enforcement of the rules(which are okay themselves) should have a base in reality. You won't ever get a 1/2/3/4/5s penalty for 1 very minor corner cut in a whole race, EVER. Unless it's during an overtake.

So yes it raises my anger when I get hit by a punishment that shouldn't be there in the first place. But turning them off works fine. Although I'd like to have them on but in a more authentic mode.

Maybe it's just me but I don't like game rules and logic in my racing sim. Racing is not a game, it's a sport.

Lord_Flexington
31-12-2017, 22:48
Again. I come back. I put two wheels off at mazada after that quick turn before the corkscrew. I get passed by 2 cars. Obviouslly i must slow down or spin out. I rejoin track.... slow down penalty. FOR WHAT? Seriously why in the hell do i need more? I just fucked up, i got passed by 2 cars and slowed down. WHY OH WHY.

SMS fix this, cause its too vauge. How long must i slow down for? There is no explanation what so ever. I'm about to start racing and say fuck the penalty because its runing my game experience online. I should not be penalized when i already did it myself, no time was gained whatsoever there is fuckign sand....

I finally get a full TC race and its ruined again by lazy computing issue.

CJ1045
01-01-2018, 09:15
Yep, you should not get a penalty if you are slowed down. Only if you gained an advantage.

And don't get me started on going off at the chicane towards the end of the lap on Panorama invalidating the next lap = why oh why does it invalidate the next lap? You still have a 90 degree corner to go round 1/2 mile down the road!!!

CJ

ProDriver
01-01-2018, 12:56
The key problem for me is the lack of info about the slowdown... The majority of the times you lose more time doing and slowdown than the penalty.

Lord_Flexington
02-01-2018, 13:24
yep. I'll take a 1 second penatly no problem However it varies, onec i got a 2 second, next race 25!( it was a rough race)

Lord_Flexington
09-01-2018, 15:01
Again it has happened. Hockehim, went wide to avoid contact. slow down penalty. for who knows how long on the longest straight. Idiotic. Ruined two races this morning. I even won a race because the leader must have cut somewhere and had to back off. Shameful.

Djuvinile
09-01-2018, 15:19
The slow down penalty's are not consequent per track to say the least.. i dont like it, but also dont know a much better way for it.. what i really miss the most in this tho is a countdown timer!
At least then you know for how long u have to slow down. now its a big guess... when does it dissapear? in 5 , 10.. 20 seconds? no one knows..

hkraft300
09-01-2018, 15:56
Shameful.

If you go wide, slow down before rejoining the track. Then you won't get a penalty.
You get a penalty for 4 wheels off the track (beyond the white line) + >50% of your car beyond the kerb. Keep that in mind, don't go wide and you won't get a penalty.

You can take this advice or keep having your races ruined by "lazy computing issues".

MaximusN
09-01-2018, 16:10
If you go wide, slow down before rejoining the track. Then you won't get a penalty.
You get a penalty for 4 wheels off the track (beyond the white line) + >50% of your car beyond the kerb. Keep that in mind, don't go wide and you won't get a penalty.

You can take this advice or keep having your races ruined by "lazy computing issues".

Yes dad :p

bmanic
09-01-2018, 21:50

Unfortunately this is not working properly. You need to slow down way too much, completely out of proportion to the actual incident. Actually, the exact same problem with the current penalty as well. It's completely unproportionate. Was better in the previous patch.. but yeah, I guess this is well documented/known by now.

hkraft300
09-01-2018, 23:25
Unfortunately this is not working properly. You need to slow down way too much, completely out of proportion to the actual incident. Actually, the exact same problem with the current penalty as well. It's completely unproportionate. Was better in the previous patch.. but yeah, I guess this is well documented/known by now.

It’s way out of proportion for fast guys. Bell mentioned the penalty is calculated against a theoretical lap time/AI. I’m not that fast but the penalties hurt. If you are super alien fast, you get blasted.

Adjustments coming next patch though :)

Yes dad :p

Not yet. Any day now.

Sum Dixon-Ear
09-01-2018, 23:29
Not yet. Any day now.

Excited, bricking it or a combination of the two?

hkraft300
09-01-2018, 23:40
Excited, bricking it or a combination of the two?

Excited. Prepared.
You know those movies that build tension for the action to start but nothing happens? I’m at that stage now. Like get the f out already...
I’ll proper brick it when the show begins, though...

Sum Dixon-Ear
09-01-2018, 23:47
Excited. Prepared.
You know those movies that build tension for the action to start but nothing happens? I’m at that stage now. Like get the f out already...
I’ll proper brick it when the show begins, though...

I know exactly what you mean bud, it's a mad time.

Here's hoping for a completely textbook labour and none of that horrendous gore-laden nonsense where half the missus' innards end up laying around pulsating like 'that' scene from The Thing... like when my daughter was born... here's hoping eh! LOL.

hkraft300
09-01-2018, 23:56
Thanks mate. Been around a bit of violence in my time but child birth is on another level.

Djuvinile
10-01-2018, 10:10
Will there be any adjustments to the "+ current and next lap are invalid" thing..??
I know how it is designed (off in sector 3 is laptime for both laps invalid). But when u in qualifying and end up stuck in the gravel in the 3rd sector not gaining anything at all it still is 2 laps gone, wich i think is harsh..
It always happens to me last few minutes of qualy (as i want to push for that last few tenths), when theres time gained i havent got any problem with it.. but it will always penalize u time gained or not.

hkraft300
10-01-2018, 12:02
Will there be any adjustments to the "+ current and next lap are invalid" thing..??
I know how it is designed (off in sector 3 is laptime for both laps invalid). But when u in qualifying and end up stuck in the gravel in the 3rd sector not gaining anything at all it still is 2 laps gone, wich i think is harsh..
It always happens to me last few minutes of qualy (as i want to push for that last few tenths), when theres time gained i havent got any problem with it.. but it will always penalize u time gained or not.

Apparently it's here to stay :(

Lord_Flexington
12-01-2018, 13:10

Thanks for the useless advice. I will remember that when on the final lap and someone spins out in a 3 way battle for 1st and I have to go wide to avoid contact to them, then slow down a random amount, be sure to enter back on track slowly, to then lose a podium to avoid a penalty.

Its a computing issue.

Stop acting like its not.

+1

Itís way out of proportion for fast guys. Bell mentioned the penalty is calculated against a theoretical lap time/AI. Iím not that fast but the penalties hurt. If you are super alien fast, you get blasted.

Adjustments coming next patch though :)

Not yet. Any day now.

Congrats tho! Lifes about to get super crazy for you.