PDA

View Full Version : AI Wet vs Dry weather

Alex1996
07-10-2017, 17:34
Hi!
I'll start saying that this is my opinion, maybe someone else thinks the same while others have a different impression...
I made a couple of race under the rain. I play with AI at 100, and this value is fine for dry races, but when I race under the rain with the same difficulty I start gaining 2-3 seconds a lap. In addition to this, I saw AI making the same mistakes at the same points, like if they were stupid. I also don't feel the track particularly tricky, I just go slower without risking gaining on everyone.
In conclusion, I don't know if AI is too slow or if my car isn't enough affected by rain.
Again, this is just my impression.
Thank you, and forgive me if I made any mistake writing in English :p

Siberian Tiger
07-10-2017, 17:36
It's always a BIG Task to Balance the AI against the Player in all possible Scenarios.

The AI Programmer at SMS are still busy to tweak them even further.

With the Addition of loose Underground and Snow in pCars2 the Task is even bigger than it was in pCars 1.

Alex1996
07-10-2017, 18:40
I know, and I’m happy that developers are working on the game. I’m just curious to see if someone has had the same impression.
I didn’t want to be rude.
Thanks for your reply anyway, I’m confident about next updates, whenever they’ll arrive.

Awong124
08-10-2017, 06:38
Yeah, the AI doesn't seem to be as good in the wet as they are in the dry at any given difficulty setting.