PDA

View Full Version : Results changed after watching the replay

FerryF1
07-10-2017, 19:07
Hi guys,

not sure if this has been mentioned already or if anyone's aware, but ive noticed on multiple occasions that watching the race replay (after the race has finished) changes the results of the race.
And it changes the result screen to the standings of the replay, when you back out of the replay.

Example:
You start 8th, and you have worked your way up to first place and you've won the race. Then you are gonna watch the replay because you had some great battles with the AI or had a couple nice overtakes, so you watch the replay up to a certain point, lets say you've watched it until your succesfull move for P4 and then you back out of the replay, back to the result screen.
That result screen will now show the standings of the race at the point you had stopped the replay, so you're now classified in 4th, even though you've actually won the race.
If you watch the replay up until the point you were leading the race, then its fine to quit the replay.

So again, not sure if its known already or maybe even worked on already, i just thought it might be good to mention it here

Roger Prynne
07-10-2017, 21:47
I've passed this on to the Devs, thanks for the report.

JoshTheGeologist
08-10-2017, 11:57
Hi guys,

not sure if this has been mentioned already or if anyone's aware, but ive noticed on multiple occasions that watching the race replay (after the race has finished) changes the results of the race.
And it changes the result screen to the standings of the replay, when you back out of the replay.

Example:
You start 8th, and you have worked your way up to first place and you've won the race. Then you are gonna watch the replay because you had some great battles with the AI or had a couple nice overtakes, so you watch the replay up to a certain point, lets say you've watched it until your succesfull move for P4 and then you back out of the replay, back to the result screen.
That result screen will now show the standings of the race at the point you had stopped the replay, so you're now classified in 4th, even though you've actually won the race.
If you watch the replay up until the point you were leading the race, then its fine to quit the replay.

So again, not sure if its known already or maybe even worked on already, i just thought it might be good to mention it here

Seriously? Wow that's a really big bug. That needs to get fixed asap

Zenzic
08-10-2017, 14:07
I can confirm this bug. Had this happen to me after the GT4 career race at Fuji.

Edit: this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53009-Lost-position-by-viewing-replay-during-manufacturer-race) might be the same bug. In this case I watched part of the replay during the race and the car behind actually appeared in front of me when resuming.

Killg0re NL
08-10-2017, 15:03
Indeed big bug.

But workarround would be save the replay.
And the watch it later on? Then it should be fine?

St4r8ucK
08-10-2017, 17:09
Reported several weeks ago : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51635-(PS4)-bug-reporting-thread&p=1367693&viewfull=1#post1367693

Indeed big bug.

But workarround would be save the replay.
And the watch it later on? Then it should be fine?

No if you save the replay you need to watch it and the standings will be the one when you exit the replay. The only workaround is to watch the replay until the end.

unrealtairo
09-10-2017, 00:38
Wouldnt the opposite also be true for this then? You finish in 5th but stop the replay at a point where you were in first for first?

GBO Possum
09-10-2017, 01:19
Reported several weeks ago : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51635-(PS4)-bug-reporting-thread&p=1367693&viewfull=1#post1367693

No if you save the replay you need to watch it and the standings will be the one when you exit the replay. The only workaround is to watch the replay until the end.

Would I be correct in assuming that Fast Forwarding right through the Replay until the end would also be an effective workaround?

Awong124
09-10-2017, 06:13
I've had this happen, but it doesn't happen every time.

St4r8ucK
09-10-2017, 07:23
Would I be correct in assuming that Fast Forwarding right through the Replay until the end would also be an effective workaround?

I think so.