PDA

View Full Version : Do you need to use the handbrake to be good at RallyX?

Zak757
07-10-2017, 19:45
I started the RX Lites today and had some fun, but using a button for a handbrake on my G27 feels awful. I've tried just putting the brake bias rearward instead and had limited success with it, though I don't think it's optimal.

RaceNut
07-10-2017, 20:16
I started the RX Lites today and had some fun, but using a button for a handbrake on my G27 feels awful. I've tried just putting the brake bias rearward instead and had limited success with it, though I don't think it's optimal.

I like to use an actual hand-brake, whether it be analog or digital (on/off); it's more immersive and just feels natural & effective IMO but; when the car is setup well, I don't find as much need for the hand-brake in RallyX as I do on stages.

DayGlow
07-10-2017, 21:38
In Dirt Rally my compromise was to use my clutch pedal as the hand brake. Every car hat to be driven as a sequential box, but it gave me analogue funnel of the hand brake.

OzzyNeil
07-10-2017, 21:43
I reckon the handbrake can help you out on a corner that you didnt quite get right with a flick, saved me a few times.

GTsimms
07-10-2017, 22:20
It helps!

oliie
07-10-2017, 22:40
Handbrake in RX should be used sparingly. You need grip to be fast, just like you do in normal racing. Handbrake only should be used if you want to tighten a corner. Drifting the corners is cool as hell but it's also slow.

finagle69
09-10-2017, 15:45
Hell Norway's track has that one hairpin where a handbrake is a very welcome thing to have.