PDA

View Full Version : Is it correct to get a penalty for driving over interrupted stripes?

ELAhrairah
07-10-2017, 21:48
Circuit de la Sarthe, first chicane on the Mulsanne straight.

Edit: I got penalized for it :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t9p228QYLc&feature=youtu.be

dault3883
07-10-2017, 22:11
are you talking about the post or the white stripe with all four wheels because if so then yes thats driving out side track limits

ELAhrairah
07-10-2017, 22:16
are you talking about the post or the white stripe with all four wheels because if so then yes thats driving out side track limits

The white stripes before the chicane. Are you 100% sure? Like in in official race ruling? Because in Pcars 1 it wasn’t.

dault3883
07-10-2017, 22:25
The white stripes before the chicane. Are you 100% sure? Like in in official race ruling? Because in Pcars 1 it wasn’t.

the white lines on the border even though it looks like visibale road on the other side? if so then yes thats track limits thats what the white racing lines represent is track limits just like at daytona if on the banking you go below the double yellow lines thats track limit no passing below the double yellow line

now with the white line you SHOULD by real race rules be able to drop two wheels below the white line but 4 wheels is track limits violation

ELAhrairah
07-10-2017, 22:30
the white lines on the border even though it looks like visibale road on the other side? if so then yes thats track limits thats what the white racing lines represent is track limits just like at daytona if on the banking you go below the double yellow lines thats track limit no passing below the double yellow line

now with the white line you SHOULD by real race rules be able to drop two wheels below the white line but 4 wheels is track limits violation

Okay so even if the stripes are not a line but interrupted it represents the track limits. Thats a bit strange because in Pcars1 I believe you could take go with all 4 wheels over the stripes before turning right into the chicane.

dault3883
07-10-2017, 22:34
Okay so even if the stripes are not a line but interrupted it represents the track limits. Thats a bit strange because in Pcars1 I believe you could take go with all 4 wheels over the stripes before turning right into the chicane.

show me a better picture of what you are talking about is the line solid or dotted if its solid and on the side of the road not the middle than its track limits thats real life rules PC1 had some problems in that area if i am correct

ELAhrairah
07-10-2017, 22:36
show me a better picture of what you are talking about is the line solid or dotted if its solid and on the side of the road not the middle than its track limits thats real life rules PC1 had some problems in that area if i am correct

dault3883
07-10-2017, 22:39

YES the red area on either side of the track is out side track limits those are 24 hours of le mans rules normally you can dip two wheels outside track limits in real life but i dont know how PCARS2 will react to that

PeteUplink
07-10-2017, 22:42
As you can see from this onboard lap of Le Mans this year, the drivers do not go over the lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fNtWuFf-ZM

ELAhrairah
07-10-2017, 22:45
Okay thx guys.

dault3883
07-10-2017, 22:46
Okay thx guys.

no problem i understand the confusion normally if its not a solid line its safe to cross and its good paved racing area but rules are rules now you know

Lars Rosenquist
07-10-2017, 22:56
but i dont know how PCARS2 will react to that

More than half the car over track limits = penalty. Some kerbs (particularly on corner exit) are considered part of the track though, so in some cases you'll have to see how far it will allow. ;)

dault3883
07-10-2017, 22:59
More than half the car over track limits = penalty. Some kerbs (particularly on corner exit) are considered part of the track though, so in some cases you'll have to see how far it will allow. ;)

yea i knew how far you can normally go in real life but i didnt know how the game would react especially because in real life its kinda upto interpretation of the officials

ELAhrairah
07-10-2017, 23:04
yea i knew how far you can normally go in real life but i didnt know how the game would react especially because in real life its kinda upto interpretation of the officials

I wonder if overtaking at the place that I pointed out in the picture is allowed in real or if you have to give back the place

dault3883
07-10-2017, 23:07
I wonder if overtaking at the place that I pointed out in the picture is allowed in real or if you have to give back the place

nope Nope NOPE LOL dont even try it iv seen it in real life and it goes down to the interpretations of the officials and on a computer it would be a penalty as a computer is non biased

Lars Rosenquist
08-10-2017, 15:07

This is the explanation Ian posted on gtplanet (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/race-director-needs-tweaking-or-killing.360030/#post-11963971). ;)

dault3883
08-10-2017, 15:34
This is the explanation Ian posted on gtplanet (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/race-director-needs-tweaking-or-killing.360030/#post-11963971). ;)

well that answer's that thank you