PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Pirelli tire types?

Trippul G
08-10-2017, 04:09
Can anyone tell me the differences between the following, and what conditions they're best used for?

Pirelli P-zero Trofeo R
Pirelli P-zero Corsa
Pirelli P-zero

I suppose I could do Automatic by Weather and see what it gives me, but I trust that setting about as much as a smiling politician with one hand behind his back.

MrTulip
08-10-2017, 07:21
Trofeo R: Very sticky. The best for lapping on dry weather. Simply obliterates laps done with both Corsa and plain P-Zero. Bad in the rain.

Corsa: Closer to plain P-zero in feeling but slightly faster. Ok in slight rain.

Plain P-zero: Use this only for drifting or when you are expecting heavy rain.

Automatic by weather is quite erratic in the sense, that you may have dry weather and forecast, but the game still knows that rain is coming and puts plain P-zeros under you. Basically if you are using random weather you always have to check the telemetry HUD to know what to expect from the car handling.

I'd also claim that setups that use Trofeo R may have to be heavily adjusted to achieve the best lap times per track, while Corsa and P-zero feel similar and can share the rest of the setup between each other.

Trippul G
08-10-2017, 08:25
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Trippul G
08-10-2017, 22:39
So if the above is true, then it would stand to reason that when taking the 911 GT3 out in Storm conditions around Barcelona GP, Automatic by Weather should send me out on the plain P-Zeros, correct? Only it doesn't. It sends me out on the Corsas.

Neither one felt very good though, to be honest. The plain P-zeros felt like they maybe had a bit more grip, but I was still struggling to go more than 80mph or so without losing control. Under acceleration, the car trends to want to lurch and bob to one side or the other constantly, where it's hard to even go in a straight line. It almost feels oddly similar to the issues that have been reported in this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51707-Can-t-get-the-car-to-stay-straight-(controller)) regarding car weaving due to high amounts of AI.

At this point I just don't know what to believe. Is it really supposed to feel like this? Should I really be having such a hard time even keeping the car straight or going more than 80mph in Storm conditions? I am using a controller, granted, so I'm sure it'd be a bit easier with a wheel, but still. This just feels difficult to the point where I find myself asking, if this is working as intended, why is it even in the game, because honestly, it's not fun. :(

hkraft300
09-10-2017, 00:04
Should I really be having such a hard time even keeping the car straight or going more than 80mph in Storm conditions?

I'd think so. I've tried driving on the highway at 70mph in a storm, on regular bridgestone and Michelin tires and it's floating, aquaplaning. That's on a straight road. Have you driven in storms/heavy rain? 80mph without fresh skinny tires is asking for disaster. On fat supercar summer tires it's suicide. So, yes. The game isn't far off considering how fast we're driving in the game.