PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Winning 24H Races Please!

DanBeats90
08-10-2017, 07:16
Hi all.

I'm currently running a few 24H races using the AI as my co-driver, and I'm wondering what I have to do to win!! To give you an example, I raced the Dubai 24H and raced the first 2 hours myself, pitting in 2nd place. I came back a couple of hours later to check and the AI was holding steady in 2nd/3rd. I left it for a few more hours and came back with about 14 hours to go and i've dropped to 8th/9th and about 2 1/2 laps down from the leader and I can't work out how this has happened.

I'm racing on 60 difficulty with aggresiveness set to 30. I left recommended tyres on in the strategy and the AI has been triple-stinting the hard tyres by the looks of it. Any ideas what else I could do? It is a bit disheartening to race your socks off for 2 hours, dragging the car up to 2nd only to see the AI slowly but surely undo all that hard work!

One other question - when I switched it back on at about the 12 hour mark I noticed lots of brown-ish 'stains' all over the track (mostly the racing line by the looks of it). Any ideas what this is?

Thanks in advance for your help.

dault3883
08-10-2017, 07:18
best thing you could probably do is find a few buddy's who are near you who play and have them come over and team up

DanBeats90
08-10-2017, 07:53
I honestly don't know anyone else that plays! If the AI is slow then is there anything else I could do to balance it back out? Would changing tyres every stop give me better pace overall? Perhaps changes to car setup? I'm wondering what other people have tried doing in a similar position.

Machinist90
08-10-2017, 08:16
AI teammate is just incompetent,gets random skill level and pit schedule is a term the ai never heard of,with the smallest bump ai come in to fix damage...so yeah...racing with ai teammate is random luck,especially 24 hours,maybe it's best to race for 6 hours and set time progression x4

Roger Prynne
08-10-2017, 08:47
Hi all.

I'm currently running a few 24H races using the AI as my co-driver, and I'm wondering what I have to do to win!! To give you an example, I raced the Dubai 24H and raced the first 2 hours myself, pitting in 2nd place. I came back a couple of hours later to check and the AI was holding steady in 2nd/3rd. I left it for a few more hours and came back with about 14 hours to go and i've dropped to 8th/9th and about 2 1/2 laps down from the leader and I can't work out how this has happened.

I'm racing on 60 difficulty with aggresiveness set to 30. I left recommended tyres on in the strategy and the AI has been triple-stinting the hard tyres by the looks of it. Any ideas what else I could do? It is a bit disheartening to race your socks off for 2 hours, dragging the car up to 2nd only to see the AI slowly but surely undo all that hard work!

One other question - when I switched it back on at about the 12 hour mark I noticed lots of brown-ish 'stains' all over the track (mostly the racing line by the looks of it). Any ideas what this is?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Perhaps he went off track or had an accident.
The brown-ish stains might have been from drivers with loose bowels :barbershop_quartet_

Ferraristo
08-10-2017, 10:48
AI teammate is just incompetent,gets random skill level and pit schedule is a term the ai never heard of,with the smallest bump ai come in to fix damage
I think the AI-teammate should obey your pit schedule and should be slightly above the set ai-strength. Also: It would be awesome if we could give the ai commandos like in B-Spec mode in Gran Turismo.

Fanapryde
08-10-2017, 11:15
AI teammate is just incompetent,gets random skill level and pit schedule is a term the ai never heard of,with the smallest bump ai come in to fix damage...so yeah...racing with ai teammate is random luck,especially 24 hours,maybe it's best to race for 6 hours and set time progression x4
Good to know.
In pCars1 I did several (full) 24hr races, teamed up with AI and I thought they were doing an acceptable job there, losing very little time or places. They did surprise me in the beginning, because they pitted way too early for fuel, which made me miss a few driver changes...

plaid
08-10-2017, 15:23
Its not only the co-driver AI that struggles. Its sadly very easy to win against the AI in case you drive the whole race, cause if the leading cars try to overtake slower cars they maybe get sometimes quickly around one, but from the 3 races I experienced - and watching the replays - more often than not they struggle to successfully use a opportunity. Also they damage their cars in the process. I really hope that at least the former can be improved, cause i see no point if i just need to wait till they get stuck and overtake them easily. Was it anywhere mentioned that this will be further improved? Would be really sad if not, cause otherwise its a fantastic experience, especially if you add weather and/or night into the mix.
Currently its no challenge and not immersive either when the AI gets too often stuck.

Also with 30 cars you quickly reach the top (or end) of your class in a multiclass race, besides the density on the Nordschleife (1 car per ~0,8km) is rather thin. Still hope they at least consider the PC to get an upgrade gridsize wise.