PDA

View Full Version : Outside wheels smoking out of fast corners

Javaniceday
08-10-2017, 08:43
So, this is happening with a number of cars. Always starting out on Stable set up. Slowly building them up to match each track. Anyway, exiting the fast corners, my outside wheels are always smoking hard. I can't tell if its my front wheels or my rears - maybe I'm turning the front wheels to much, or maybe the differentials are screwed. Maybe I'm just understeering hard. Idk. As speed picks up, there goes the smoke.

Is that a differential issue? Am I driving the car too hard?

Cholton82
08-10-2017, 09:06
I'm pretty sure it's a bug that's been picked up by myself and others as well . I don't think your doing anything wrong

Kebabfelix
08-10-2017, 09:07
Happens to mee when I try to push a car that's very understeery, like the aston.

You will shread tyres fast, tune it or change your driving line :P

DeathMetalRacer
08-10-2017, 14:38
Had this happen to me in the Ginetta GT4 at Road America when I'd go around the carousel. The front left tire was smoking like crazy and after 6 laps the tire wear indicator showed the tire was half gone and running hot. I assumed I was pushing to hard and backed off a bit more going through that corner.

Tbolt
08-10-2017, 17:16
Happens to mee when I try to push a car that's very understeery, like the aston.

You will shread tyres fast, tune it or change your driving line :P

Pushing hard and wearing tyres out quickly is one thing, but I've never seen tyres smoke like that in real life.

Trippul G
08-10-2017, 17:23
Pushing hard and wearing tyres out quickly is one thing, but I've never seen tyres smoke like that in real life.

Same here. Was doing a TC race at Dubai in the AMG 45, looking in my rearview mirror through some of the high speed corners, I almost thought I had entered a Formula D competition. :rolleyes:

Timmy L
08-10-2017, 17:54
Try changing, 'Ride Height'.

isniedood
12-10-2017, 19:17
It should not have to do anything with setup i suppose. It must be a bug.. I have exactly the same on dubai with gt3 (havent tried anything else..) very distracting

resmania
13-10-2017, 01:42
It must be a bug

F2kSel
13-10-2017, 10:22
When I asked about this in Beta testing the response I got was from Amer Ahamad Pheonix Producer

Q - "Are the Tires supposed to smoke in every corner (player) also permanently smoking in replay and when stationary in the pits."

A - "No, we have them bugged already. Running out of time however."

So they are aware.