PDA

View Full Version : Problems with GT cars

Rienk_F
08-10-2017, 10:22
Hi guys,
So I've recently purchased pcars 2 and so for it's been tons of fun. I started a career in formula rookie and after a short time I won the championship, after which I graduated to the ginetta GT5 cup. Now I already had some experience with pcars 1 so I knew that these type of cars were definitively a weakpoint for me, but I was determined to improve. This however turned out to be a challenge. For some reason I can't seem to get a good lap time around a track. I feel like its because I'm too careful and slow through corners, but as soon as I take more risk, I spin. Are there any tips for GT racing that I should keep in mind while driving? This class seems to be really popular online so I'd really like to get decent at it.
I am using a g29 wheel and pedals on ps4.
Thanks in advance.

Dave81983
08-10-2017, 11:34
I'm by no means fast but when you watch the fast drivers and in real life it's all about smoothness. One turn of the wheel to turn in at the right time and then a slow unravelling of the wheel after the apex. The more balanced you can keep the car with smooth and consistent steering input the faster you can go.