PDA

View Full Version : Time trial leaderboard useless

Dave81983
08-10-2017, 10:31
Hi there,

The time trial leaderboard need some tweaking. Currently when I am playing in a GT3 car it's comparing my times with much faster cars that I have no hope of competing with. I can't see the point of this. There needs to be an option to select the same class or same car as a comparator. It's the same for the world record on the loading screen, this should be for the car that you are driving at the time.

Are there any plans to change this?

Dave.

vwpolo
08-10-2017, 11:12
Same thinking here. I have another racing game (drive club) and there was there possibility to filter on the same car the rankings.
it would be easy to fix it...but as someone said: "that's not a bug... it's a feature" :D

mcsavila
08-10-2017, 15:39
Hi there,

The time trial leaderboard need some tweaking. Currently when I am playing in a GT3 car it's comparing my times with much faster cars that I have no hope of competing with. I can't see the point of this. There needs to be an option to select the same class or same car as a comparator. It's the same for the world record on the loading screen, this should be for the car that you are driving at the time.

Dave.

It is happening same than at pcars 1. There are only the principals car category as GT ( Gt1, Gt2, Gt3, Gt4 etc) monocock ( Formulas A,B,C,etc) , Prototype (Lmp1,2,etc.)

I think same than you ! The leaderboard at Timetrial mist be changed in order to exists a especific table with the laptimes of each car Category.

De_Breuk
08-10-2017, 16:05
This is kind of a dealbreaker for me. I don’t have a lot of time to compete online. Because I love racing and some competition Time Trials are great for me. Except when there is no good way of measuring where I’m at... I had really hoped they would have fixed this for PC1 (which I played waaaayyy less than I would have wanted).

Somehow I feel that when my copy of GTS arrives I might never look back...

mpc-v1
08-10-2017, 16:20
Hi there,

Dave.

I have to completely agree with you. I like to have a ghost of a GT3 car to help understand what I need to work on but cannot get one as other gt classes are quicker. Would be great if you could do all cars by there own class.

Imazagi
09-10-2017, 12:59
Yep, it's a huge loss and it's really strange you need to keep a scrap of papers an write down your own best lap times. I installed the HotLaps app on my phone today and will try to keep my times updated there.

winet
09-10-2017, 13:18
Could not agree more. Can aids be used in leaderboards as well ?

mass control
09-10-2017, 14:15
Would be great if can time trail with the same car and have a list of there own.

Antidiesel
10-10-2017, 01:31
At the moment it is pretty rubbish the Time Trial leaderboards, I want to be able to see my fastest times on a specific circuit like Nürburgring Nordschleife using different cars, at the moment you are able to see only your fastest, what’s the point?

Dave81983
10-10-2017, 09:46
Glad to see im not the only one thinking this. Also, is it me or does the "next page" button from R1 not do anything.

Antidiesel
11-10-2017, 07:18
Glad to see im not the only one thinking this. Also, is it me or does the "next page" button from R1 not do anything.

Hello Dave81983, you have to move right with the pad in order to select the players list secction, then press R1 for the next page.

philsen89
11-10-2017, 08:07
In the PC version you can select the same class/car.

The PS4 version is simply broken.

Exoil
11-10-2017, 14:31
If this can be fixed it needs to be fixed. Otherwise you could just remove all the lower classes from Time Trial as there is no reason at all to drive them when you can't set a competitive time.

Just Another Frog
11-10-2017, 16:04
Could not agree more. Can aids be used in leaderboards as well ?

I think car assists are default to ''authentic'' (it's hard to tell) with damage ON and no way of changing them to suit individual taste. At least I now know that the most non user friendly leaderboards ever created isn't just an XB1 feature. They really are dreadful.

JohnSchoonsBeard
11-10-2017, 18:07
At the moment it is pretty rubbish the Time Trial leaderboards, I want to be able to see my fastest times on a specific circuit like Nürburgring Nordschleife using different cars, at the moment you are able to see only your fastest, what’s the point?

Get pCARS Dash app as it records your own best lap times by car and circuit (or at least it did in Project Cars 1). I think there are other time trial apps too. You obviously need to use the app every time you play.