PDA

View Full Version : VR Helmet View - Flicker at right eye in the edge

Skydiver911
08-10-2017, 10:49
Hi,

i think we have a Bug in VR Helmet View, i tried several options ingame but i cannot disable it.

I always get a flicker sometimes in the Helmet View, its always at the right down side.

I think its related to sunflare effects or something like that.

Regards,

Daniel

Siberian Tiger
08-10-2017, 10:56
Any chance to get this on Video? Never experienced this by myself...

snakehands
08-10-2017, 11:01
Hi,

i think we have a Bug in VR Helmet View, i tried several options ingame but i cannot disable it.

I always get a flicker sometimes in the Helmet View, its always at the right down side.

I think its related to sunflare effects or something like that.

Regards,

Daniel

I get this but only in the garage. As soon as I pull out onto the track it goes away.

Opel-King
08-10-2017, 11:07
Same here since 2-3 days!
But i have make some tests with settings last days. Maybe itīs a settings problem. I donīt know.

Skydiver911
08-10-2017, 11:18
Thank you for your answers,

its only in VR Mode, i play it with the Oculus Rift, and its only in the Helmet View.

Ive found my way here to this forum, because i posted it several days before in the Steam Forum, and i noticed that i am not alone with this " Bug " .

Skydiver911
08-10-2017, 22:03
Ive tried to make a video, but the flickering dont appear in the video, its only viewable in Game : )

Anthroban
09-10-2017, 02:41
I get it too. I'll try to capture it.

I also sometimes get a frame of the menu, or something, for a fraction of a second while driving. I'm not sure what it is, it's too fast, but it's something light coloured - gray I think.

DarrenM
09-10-2017, 05:50
I noticed this at Oulton Park. Particularly from T2 down to the hairpin.

It's like the object culling is kicking in too early causing objects and terrain to disappear slightly before it's out of view. The Rift doesn't have full stereoscopic overlap, so parts of the scene will only be visible to the left eye on the left edge and the right eye on the right edge of the display. Maybe the culling is being done based on what the left eye can see, causing it to disappear too early on the right side?

Vive has full stereoscopic overlap, so this might not be happening with it.

EDIT:

Captured the full image being sent to the rift with the oculus mirror tool.
https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/pcsdk/latest/concepts/dg-compositor-mirror/

OculusMirror.exe --PostDistortion --Size 1920 1080

You can see the objects disappearing before they reach the edge of the screen, so it does seem to be over aggressive culling or culling based on the area both eyes can see. It's happening on the left as well, but it's more noticeable on the right on this section of track. I think I generally end up with the rift off center on my head which could also explain seeing it more on the right side while driving.

https://youtu.be/3icSW1Ko_no

Rikirk
11-10-2017, 13:47
I confirm same issue of OP on Vive. I can post settings if needed.

AndysonofBob
11-10-2017, 14:01
I noticed this at Oulton Park. Particularly from T2 down to the hairpin.

It's like the object culling is kicking in too early causing objects and terrain to disappear slightly before it's out of view. The Rift doesn't have full stereoscopic overlap, so parts of the scene will only be visible to the left eye on the left edge and the right eye on the right edge of the display. Maybe the culling is being done based on what the left eye can see, causing it to disappear too early on the right side?

Vive has full stereoscopic overlap, so this might not be happening with it.

EDIT:

Captured the full image being sent to the rift with the oculus mirror tool.
https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/pcsdk/latest/concepts/dg-compositor-mirror/

OculusMirror.exe --PostDistortion --Size 1920 1080

You can see the objects disappearing before they reach the edge of the screen, so it does seem to be over aggressive culling or culling based on the area both eyes can see. It's happening on the left as well, but it's more noticeable on the right on this section of track. I think I generally end up with the rift off center on my head which could also explain seeing it more on the right side while driving.

https://youtu.be/3icSW1Ko_no

Me too!

Happens in cockpit too.

Yes, I have adjusted FoV.

Boskapongen
11-10-2017, 14:36
I have similar in Ferrari 488 GT3. When in a left turning corner on track the in-car rear view mirror "tv" turns off. When car is stright the image comes back.

ecstaticbrick
11-10-2017, 15:51
Yep, I reported this also a few days ago.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53520-Ferrari-GT3-GTE-Rear-View-Camera-Monitor-Issue-(Oculus-Rift)

Dozer K.A.O.
11-10-2017, 16:01
VR user here

I can see that flickering clearly when i'm at the pitstop and car completely stopped always on the right side, but some information posted here is about other issue or it's just wrong.

it's like an overlay texture over the visor that comes and goes, very annoying, then when racing in some parts of the track you notice it, others you don't, i think it depends in how light is facing over the visor.

This is only in helmet view, all other views work perfectly.