PDA

View Full Version : PCARs 2 and me so far

tmitch45
08-10-2017, 11:23
Having lived through PCARs1 and all the bugs the game turned out to be pretty decent but with room for improvement. So with the release date for PCARs 2 looming my excitement built and I pre-ordered the game. Surely I thought they couldn't do the same again and release a game thats full of bugs and not playable? Unfortunately my fears have become a reality. Having picked up the game day one I'm finding that in its current state its just not usable. I know peoples previous threads critisising PCARs 2 have been locked or shut down but I feel we have the right as loyal customers returning to buy the second edition to both flag up problems and concerns but also to vent a little.

I was impressed with how the game looked initially but this soon turned to frustration when my T500 would not be recognised. A bit of time on google and some forum answered that problem so not a great start when you have to fiddle with things and not have the shifter connected to run the game and the wheel. Onto single player in the formula rookie and I can barely control the cars. As a bit of a veteran of racing games and sims including racing in competitive leagues I just coundn't work out what was going on. We all now know about the broken tyre model particularly with this type of car so thats that abandoned.

Onto online and its a nightmare getting kicked/disconnected out of races left right and centre. The menu's are sooo slow its almost impossible to navigate. There are huge positives though! The three races I've now completed in open lobbies were great no idiots and some fast drivers. Its just a shame the 5 hours I've now spent attempting to race online has only resulted in 3, 5 lap races which I hope anyone can see is very frustrating.

So I thought I'd give online a miss and go back to single player but try another formula. I cannot work out how to abandon my career mode so end up setting up a whole new driver profile. I'm sure there is a way of doing this but I couldn't easily see and again I was getting very frustrated! So I start a new career using the ginetta junior a car I loved in the first game and have driven more miles in PCARS 1 than any other car! The positives, the sound for the car is massivily improved as is the gear shift but thats as much as I can write. Starting quali at Oulton park (a favorite track of mine in PCARs1) and as I leave the pits the tyres go straight to blue. Ok I think lets warm them up before a hot lap. After several laps I still have zero grip and blueish tyres. The tyre model is obviously broken with this car/championship as well. I then think well maybe its me, maybe I need some adjustment so I change the brake pressure (as I was locking up) and alter the tyre pressures up and down and every possible combination before I give up. With one of my favourate cars and tracks I can barely do one lap without crashing and the back end snapping round.

I honestly wanted to be writing some kind of review to rave about the game and convince others to buy it but I just cannot. I think the ball has been dropped and with GT Sport on the horizon I feel this could spell disaster for future sales of PCARs 2 and additional content downloads. I purchased the limited edition PCARs 1 and every download but unless things get fixed and fast my copy of PCARs 2 will be on ebay with GT Sport taking its place. I just cannot understand (please help me if anyone can with this) how a game can be released in such a state with bugs stopping basic things from working. If FIFA 18 or Call of duty were release with you not being able to use a certain team or play single player in a particular way there would be a mass outcry. Yes I know these are much bigger studios but there are literally hundreds and thousands of us serious racing game fans on here and other forums who could have been proper testers for the game pre-release so the masses wouldn't be so disappointed with the game and the bugs could have been fixed. I can see past the bugs and I do think PCARs2 will be a truly great game but I feel really disappointed that I have a game on my shelf that I cannot currently enjoy playing without having to make allowances. Apart from PCARs 1 I have never experienced any other game I have purchased and felt I couldn't use.

vwpolo
08-10-2017, 11:35
hello, I posted few minutes ago a similar comment in a different thread. So I fully agree with you.
This is not a game to be on sale, this should have been a BETA and should have been sold for free.
Considering the costs associated with a serious driving game (ps4, wheel T300, the cost of the game, the subscription to psplus, the screen, the chair....) I am disappointed at 100%.
We are software testing at our own expenses (in time and in money) and are financing their bug fixing.

If they don't solve this issues soon this goes to eBay as well.

JoshTheGeologist
08-10-2017, 11:56
I think it would have been fun to be an actual tester actually. Wish we had the actual chance

vwpolo
08-10-2017, 12:24
:-) well if this is the result , even being a beta tester would not have helped much :-)

davidt33
08-10-2017, 13:12
For me, I started my Career in Formula Rookie (on PS4). Got through races 1-3 after a series of exit game and restarts to lower the AI from level 60 to 20-30 because the AIs somehow seemed to be on turbo with super-grips compared to my poor Formula Rookie. Upon reaching race 4/4, the championship round on Ruapuna Park Club I could go no further in the practice round as the car had very little stability on the track slipping and sliding every which way off track regardless of tyre change, all the while the AI cars sped by on their merry way. I don't think I was even able to make it to turn one or past turn one. So there I am, stuck on my first Career event, after much ado...exits and restarts... Practise round of championship race 4/4 unable to proceed further.

Well yesterday Saturday night I decided to have a go on Pcars1 again, having not done so since the release of Pcars2 some 2 weeks or so ago.
Man driving on Pcars1 again was such a blast in comparison with the perfect handling of cars stability, speed and otherwise and of course no AI or tune/setups/saving issues. It was pure joy and reminded me of why I loved Pcars1 so much. I keep looking out every hour, every day checking the forums GTplanet where I'm on mainly and this one, the game's parent hoping to see some announcement of whatever patches finally released and available for download and install to fix whatever bugs being experienced for us PS4 users and to be able to love this baby as much as I do Pcars1.

tmitch45
08-10-2017, 13:20
For me, I started my Career in Formula Rookie (on PS4). Got through races 1-3 after a series of exit game and restarts to lower the AI from level 60 to 20-30 because the AIs somehow seemed to be on turbo with super-grips compared to my poor Formula Rookie. Upon reaching race 4/4, the championship round on Ruapuna Park Club I could go no further in the practice round as the car had very little stability on the track slipping and sliding every which way off track regardless of tyre change, all the while the AI cars sped by on their merry way. I don't think I was even able to make it to turn one or past turn one. So there I am, stuck on my first Career event, after much ado...exits and restarts... Practise round of championship race 4/4 unable to proceed further.

Well yesterday Sunday I decided to have a go on Pcars1 again, having not done so since the release of Pcars2 some 2 weeks or so ago.
Man driving on Pcars1 again was such a blast in comparison with the perfect handling of cars stability, speed and otherwise and of course no AI or tune/setups/saving issues. It was pure joy and reminded me of why I loved Pcars1 so much. I keep looking out every hour, every day checking the forums GTplanet where I'm on mainly and this one, the game's parent hoping to see some announcement of whatever patches finally released and available for download and install to fix whatever bugs being experienced for us PS4 users and to be able to love this baby as much as I do Pcars1.

You have it spot on mate. I'm dissapointed in PCARs2 like a parent with a naughty child. They had the warnings from PCARs 1 but went and did the same again. I don't want this to be an unprofessional rant and finger point as I have mentioned the positives but it speaks volumes when people are returning to an old version of a game because the shiny new improved and updated version isn't as good! worse than that is for me its making me want to sell PCARs 2 and buy GT sport and go back to DIRT 4.

davidt33
08-10-2017, 13:32
You have it spot on mate. I'm dissapointed in PCARs2 like a parent with a naughty child. They had the warnings from PCARs 1 but went and did the same again. I don't want this to be an unprofessional rant and finger point as I have mentioned the positives but it speaks volumes when people are returning to an old version of a game because the shiny new improved and updated version isn't as good! worse than that is for me its making me want to sell PCARs 2 and buy GT sport and go back to DIRT 4.

Don't give up just yet bro. Hopefully soon patches will be released for us that will fix whatever issues we have been experiencing and we will love this new baby as much too. I know I'm not going to give up. Just not prepared to continue further until is all because it's just too frustrating in current state. But I'm sure Ian Bell and crew are also very concerned and working feverishly behind the scenes to rectify whatever. After all, they want us to enjoy their new baby also as much as we want so to do. So hang in there. Soon come it will. Only a matter of time.

tmitch45
08-10-2017, 13:35
Don't give up just yet bro. Hopefully soon patches will be released for us that will fix whatever issues we have been experiencing and we will love this new baby as much too. I know I'm not going to give up. Just not prepared to continue further until is all because it's just too frustrating in current state. But I'm sure Ian Bell and crew are also very concerned and working feverishly behind the scenes to rectify whatever. After all, they want us to enjoy their new baby also as much as we want so to do. So hang in there. Soon come it will. Only a matter of time.

I know what you are saying but while we wait GT Sport is out we try it and never go back. Thats the issue for me.

davidt33
08-10-2017, 13:44
I know what you are saying but while we wait GT Sport is out we try it and never go back. Thats the issue for me.

Don't say that nah man. Try GTsport if you may. I will too, but we can still enjoy both. Wait and see, I betcha a twenny in time when the issues are resolved we will love Pcars2 as much. As I said, only a matter of time. The new baby has some pretty nice features, just some bugs to iron out.

tmitch45
08-10-2017, 14:19
Don't say that nah man. Try GTsport if you may. I will too, but we can still enjoy both. Wait and see, I betcha a twenny in time when the issues are resolved we will love Pcars2 as much. As I said, only a matter of time. The new baby has some pretty nice features, just some bugs to iron out.

Yes I will get both and I'm sure from time to time I'll come back to PCARs 2 to see how its going. The issue is the way we are treated by the developer. They release an unfinished game and in mine and yours case an unable game thats now sitting on a shelf. Its like we are the testers and we are paying for the privilege and no one cares. Its dreadful the way we are treated and they haven't learnt their lesson from PCARs 1.

davidt33
08-10-2017, 14:25
Yes I will get both and I'm sure from time to time I'll come back to PCARs 2 to see how its going. The issue is the way we are treated by the developer. They release an unfinished game and in mine and yours case an unable game thats now sitting on a shelf. Its like we are the testers and we are paying for the privilege and no one cares. Its dreadful the way we are treated and they haven't learnt their lesson from PCARs 1.

Yeah but look how good Pcars1 turned out.

Sankyo
08-10-2017, 14:28
While I'm not disagreeing with the disappointment of the console players who experience some nasty bugs currently (while others for some reason don't, on the same platform), I'm not really understanding why some come to the conclusion that GT Sport will replace pC2 for them. From what I know, have seen and have heard, the two games aren't really comparable? Yes, they are about car racing but the depth and authenticity of the two games is just worlds apart?

Cornworld
08-10-2017, 15:06
Yeah but look how good Pcars1 turned out.

PC1was a great game but also flawed with bugs and issues, exploding cars, invisible walls, pit bugs, disconnects to name a few. On top of that they gave up support for more then 7 months with the motivation that all recourses where put on development of PC2. (Not my opinion but the official response I got after a post I made on Facebook) I think, at least from what I hear in the community’s I race with, the frustration is the fact that it happened again.

This is besides all the hard work from the manufacturers. The hype, caused by themselves in preparation on release off the game was high and, at least for console users, it doesn’t deliver just yet. The bugs and problems for many people are in such a way that playing the game as intended is sometimes nearly impossible.

I personally love the game, thinks it has the potential to be more then great but I somewhat fear the future. Really hope they prove me wrong and bring out the patches needed to fix it.

Allavi
08-10-2017, 15:18
The big problem is that PC1 is great and when we saw the new cars, tracks and effects of PC2 we imagined all this inserted in PC1 and not a game with stairs graphics, which takes 2 minutes to load the opening video and another 2 minutes to load the menu among many other bugs. I also have the game stopped, after buying the deluxe edition in the pre-sale, all season pass by having a PC1 and it is disappointing.
Sorry for my rusty English.

tmitch45
08-10-2017, 16:32
While I'm not disagreeing with the disappointment of the console players who experience some nasty bugs currently (while others for some reason don't, on the same platform), I'm not really understanding why some come to the conclusion that GT Sport will replace pC2 for them. From what I know, have seen and have heard, the two games aren't really comparable? Yes, they are about car racing but the depth and authenticity of the two games is just worlds apart?

I'm guessing you would say say that lol. As we are today I would take a game that isn't quite as good where I can actually drive cars around without them crashing to a game with better graphics etc that is broken in its current form.

tmitch45
08-10-2017, 16:41
My point is yes I can see the game eventually being good. Its that they should never be allowed to release a game thats got so many issues. There is already the disappointment that support for Playstation VR which was hinted at is looking highly unlikely and then we get a game which in my case I feel is unusable.

Cladandadum
08-10-2017, 18:12
My point is yes I can see the game eventually being good. Its that they should never be allowed to release a game thats got so many issues. There is already the disappointment that support for Playstation VR which was hinted at is looking highly unlikely and then we get a game which in my case I feel is unusable.

Perhaps this is why we didn't see much of the PS4 build before release?

middle finger
08-10-2017, 19:33
I feel ashamed, as I had to lower the difficulty to progress in the campaign. I just simply don't feel confident with the car like I used to in pc 1.

loslogo
08-10-2017, 20:47
I've stopped playing it and to be honest I am pretty annoyed that it was released in such a state. It's almost like the developers think they are running some kind of charity and we should be grateful they released anything at all.

xtro
08-10-2017, 21:16
I think they just really needed to release this before forza and GTsport. But let say this was an open beta it would make a lot more sense reporting these kind of bugs than after release.

Prassat
09-10-2017, 07:02
For all those who have problems with Project Cars 2,
make good coffee, use the Project Cars 2 disk as a mat under the cup and enjoy Project Cars 1

I thank developers for a really good game (PC1) so far not surpassed.

I hope to be able to remedy in the coming months, I believe the game will be good once.

SIR_Driftalot
09-10-2017, 07:09
I think it would have been fun to be an actual tester actually. Wish we had the actual chance

Considering most of us (or me at least) pre ordered the deluxe edition, it wouldn’t be so hard to pre release a beta for testing across all platforms.

stephensmattlee
09-10-2017, 08:11
Looking through the PC twitter page it does look like they’ve fixed a fair few of the bugs with the upcoming patch. Is a shame that we don’t really have anything specific time-wise for when it’s due to be out, but I think it would definitely help calm some of the negativity if they at least released the patch notes for exactly what was being addressed with it.

Keeping optimistic but do understand everyone’s frustrations (including my own) with the PS4 version. Hopefully we’ll get some more info in the coming days

Roger Prynne
09-10-2017, 08:25
There is one big problem with releasing a list, because not all bugs will be fixed in the patch and then you will get a lot of people asking "Why has this bug not been fixed" "When are you going to fix this/that bug" "This bug fix should be on the list" etc etc.

Believe me we have been here before and it gets just as bad as people asking when is the patch going to be released.
Then once again we have to explain a million times why these thing have not been fixed and they will be included in a patch, then rinse and repeat.

Boskapongen
09-10-2017, 08:34
This is why they should have released an open (or closed pre-order) beta of this game.... its a no brainer really IMO.

stephensmattlee
09-10-2017, 08:58
There is one big problem with releasing a list, because not all bugs will be fixed in the patch and then you will get a lot of people asking "Why has this bug not been fixed" "When are you going to fix this/that bug" "This bug fix should be on the list" etc etc.

Believe me we have been here before and it gets just as bad as people asking when is the patch going to be released.
Then once again we have to explain a million times why these thing have not been fixed and they will be included in a patch, then rinse and repeat.

Touché. That’s very true, and have seen it in other games forums too. Think I just had the idea that if people could see how much work had gone into the upcoming patch and how many of the bugs had been addressed in the one update then it might help calm some negativity.
can’t please everyone though so can definitely see your point

Roger Prynne
09-10-2017, 09:17
Normally just before a patch is released you will get a fixed bug list.

falm
09-10-2017, 09:35

I'm with you, feature wise the 2 games will be totally different. But after starting a Kart career this weekend (with damage on and learning that that this is not a good idea) I downloaded the GTS demo to have something to hopefully play with without finding bugs.
The real problem for me is that there are also time constraints, it's simply not possible to play all available games. Still love PC2 for all the good things like weather, time, track list, seasons, career (improved from PC1) and so on. But on the other hand there are to many problems on PS4 to be able to fully enjoy.

garenki
09-10-2017, 10:46

It's not if they are comparable as racing games or not. It's a matter of spare time.
Personally I can't follow more than 1 game per genre. I work 8h per day, 5 days a week, and during freetime or weekend I have to split with family, friends and hobbies. I bought PC2 (fortunately on great sale cause voucher+black Friday on amazon) and I'm still waiting for a patch. I've also preorder GTS and next week it's out. Demo it's out now and it looks a finished game already. So, in my opinion, GTS will prevail over PC2 in my spare time during the next months.

And that's it.

GTsimms
09-10-2017, 12:15

Agree and when they find out. What the dlc will contain, those who are impatient will most likely be playing it again!

Cornworld
09-10-2017, 14:10
Agree and when they find out. What the dlc will contain, those who are impatient will most likely be playing it again!

I really hope that with “impatient” you didn’t refer to disappointed customers?

porkovich
09-10-2017, 14:41
I really don't think that the people that have problems with the game are impatient, they are angry. It's too soft and politically correct to say "impatient", but we all see that there is much hate going on here, including myself and the reason is known to all. It sound like we are simulating bugs just to hate pointless, but if you play one hour on the console you are going to think more what do you want to do - report problems or play another game.

quik-R
09-10-2017, 15:26
Has WMD or PC2 made any statement about updates for PS4 or bug fixes for consoles?

davidt33
09-10-2017, 16:27
Has WMD or PC2 made any statement about updates for PS4 or bug fixes for consoles?
This from another forum. Question from a user answered:

---->From the Pcars twitter "Hi Craig, I can assure you there's a massive patch coming real-REAL soon addressing a myriad of issues on console."

quik-R
09-10-2017, 20:29
This from another forum. Question from a user answered:

---->From the Pcars twitter "Hi Craig, I can assure you there's a massive patch coming real-REAL soon addressing a myriad of issues on console."

Nice one!

Hopefully "real soon" mean exactly that! :cool:

Cladandadum
09-10-2017, 20:41
Nice one!

Hopefully "real soon" mean exactly that! :cool:

Hopefully this week?

tmitch45
10-10-2017, 15:36

I actually find this comment to be really insulting. If you are referring to the notion that I am impatient to actually get the game that I paid good money for to actually work than yes I'm impatient. Wow its not like I'm screaming and shouting for the next DLC or new track, I just want my game to actually work properly without compromise or making do. If this was ANY other purchase or any other item then any of us on PS4 would be taking it back for a full refund. I don't get how we are labelled as impatient and trouble makers (not in this thread) for just wanting our game to work and wanting from the developers who have are hard earned money to give us some honest answers. Its a really poor show again I'm really disappointed.

Mcbound
10-10-2017, 16:47
I love racing on any game sadly on PC2 I've seen my go kart start on the grid with damage carried over from the prevous race if happen like wheel knocked off, flying cones loading in patch has to come soon. GTA is soon and could be bad for PC2 and I didnt think that would happen.

Podimix
10-10-2017, 19:45
I actually find this comment to be really insulting. If you are referring to the notion that I am impatient to actually get the game that I paid good money for to actually work than yes I'm impatient. Wow its not like I'm screaming and shouting for the next DLC or new track, I just want my game to actually work properly without compromise or making do. If this was ANY other purchase or any other item then any of us on PS4 would be taking it back for a full refund. I don't get how we are labelled as impatient and trouble makers (not in this thread) for just wanting our game to work and wanting from the developers who have are hard earned money to give us some honest answers. Its a really poor show again I'm really disappointed.

100 % agree.