PDA

View Full Version : Zakspeed Ford Capri settings...

Trooper117
08-10-2017, 13:49
Hi chaps,
Does anyone have a decent set of settings for the Zakspeed Capri?
I can't seem to keep it going on track long enough before I over cook it on the rpm and it just swerves off the track.
Or is there a particular way I need to drive this beast that I am not privy to, lol!

Any help will be thankfully received :)

DeathMetalRacer
08-10-2017, 14:30
You might have better luck in the car set ups thread. :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52926-Project-CARS-2-Garage-Car-Setup-Talk

senn
08-10-2017, 15:16
Hi chaps,
Does anyone have a decent set of settings for the Zakspeed Capri?
I can't seem to keep it going on track long enough before I over cook it on the rpm and it just swerves off the track.
Or is there a particular way I need to drive this beast that I am not privy to, lol!

Any help will be thankfully received :)

Do you mean it has too much power and kicks the backend out coming on boost, or it locks the rear wheels and spins out when downshifting? Straight bit of the track or corners?

Trooper117
08-10-2017, 15:24
Checked the car set up thread, nothing on the capri (unless I missed it)...

It tends to spin out when I reach a certain level when accelerating.

senn
08-10-2017, 15:39
Ok there's a few things. Make sure the tyres are warm - I think during practice etc the tyres are cold when you first jump in. Take it easy until they are warmed up a bit.
This car is also Old school Turbocharged, with a 4 cylinder engine (read - LAGGY - takes a while to make boost & power) There is a setting in ECU/ENGINE etc called Boost Pressure - Reducing this will reduce the amount of air the turbo provides to the engine, and thus power and torque. It will be easier to handle at max boost, but slower in a straight line
Steering - If the car is hard to catch in a slide, personally I adjust most cars steering ratio to between 11:1 and 12:1 - Setups -> Suspension -> Centre -> Front. This will increase the speed the steering rack responds to inputs. Too much will restrict maximum angle tho.
Driver Mod - Be GENTLE with the throttle over bumps or mid corner, especially if you are off boost but on throttle, as this car comes on boost like someone flipped a lightswitch. Goes from somewhere around 100hp up to 600ish in a few hundred RPM. (The boost gauge in this car can be seen Left hand side of the dashboard, in car)

Personally I'd adjust the steering ratio first, and try to learn the car more, being gentle with the throttle inputs. If you wind the boost down too much it will just make you slow.

Trooper117
08-10-2017, 17:39
Thanks for the tips :)
Controlling the car in corners is fine... I think I'm just being caught out when the boost cuts in as I was foot to the floor getting max revs... it always catches me out when accelerating in lower gears on the straight.
Good info on the boost gauge, didn't know about that!

What is the red needle for inside the rpm clock by the way?

senn
08-10-2017, 18:03
Thanks for the tips :)
Controlling the car in corners is fine... I think I'm just being caught out when the boost cuts in as I was foot to the floor getting max revs... it always catches me out when accelerating in lower gears on the straight.
Good info on the boost gauge, didn't know about that!

What is the red needle for inside the rpm clock by the way?

IIRC in Pcars1 I think it used to indicate what rpm you last shifted at. The old Mercedes had it too if my memory serves. For some reason it's broken in pcars2. I never really bothered with it.
It can be seen functioning in this video (skip the shitty intro about 40 secs in.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUpubK_KIRM

DreamsKnight
08-10-2017, 18:21
the problem is not setup, is your foot. turbo car, no floor foot! you have to prevent when turbo kicks in.

- S i m o n -
08-10-2017, 18:37
Try using about 70% throttle maximum in 1st and 2nd gears.

finagle69
09-10-2017, 15:38
Read the in-game descriptions for Ramp and Coast in the Differential setup menu. Adjust those and test. Turn on Viscous LSD to make it even easier to control when boost hits.

DeadlyShock
08-08-2018, 03:55
Ok there's a few things. Make sure the tyres are warm - I think during practice etc the tyres are cold when you first jump in. Take it easy until they are warmed up a bit.
This car is also Old school Turbocharged, with a 4 cylinder engine (read - LAGGY - takes a while to make boost & power) There is a setting in ECU/ENGINE etc called Boost Pressure - Reducing this will reduce the amount of air the turbo provides to the engine, and thus power and torque. It will be easier to handle at max boost, but slower in a straight line
Steering - If the car is hard to catch in a slide, personally I adjust most cars steering ratio to between 11:1 and 12:1 - Setups -> Suspension -> Centre -> Front. This will increase the speed the steering rack responds to inputs. Too much will restrict maximum angle tho.
Driver Mod - Be GENTLE with the throttle over bumps or mid corner, especially if you are off boost but on throttle, as this car comes on boost like someone flipped a lightswitch. Goes from somewhere around 100hp up to 600ish in a few hundred RPM. (The boost gauge in this car can be seen Left hand side of the dashboard, in car)

Personally I'd adjust the steering ratio first, and try to learn the car more, being gentle with the throttle inputs. If you wind the boost down too much it will just make you slow.

Thank you! Ive been looking for an explanation like this. I selected this car for the Historic GT5 and can not get a win. I've been playing career about 70% difficulty with a lot of success but it seems like this car is impossible to handle. I'm going to try and practice with these tips so I can stop spinning out from throttling on a straight lol.