PDA

View Full Version : FFB in Sesto Elemento is almost completely flat

bradleyland
08-10-2017, 16:00
Below is a screenshot of the telemetry screen. This is at Indianapolis Road Course, at the same corner, at around the same speed, in two different cars.

(Click for full size)

http://i.imgur.com/so8Fejgl.jpg (https://imgur.com/so8Fejg)

I don't know what those column graphs represent, but the Sesto is maxed out almost 100% of the time in the 1st column. The other columns barely move at all. The FFB feels completely numb.

The 911 GT3, on the other hand feels fantastic. The graph in the 911 GT3 RS dances around like a light show. The FFB feels fantastic. One of the best in the game.

These are my FFB settings.

http://i.imgur.com/JnFATc8l.jpg (https://imgur.com/JnFATc8)

I have video of each car, and will upload as soon as I have edited them together.

JanvH
08-10-2017, 22:31
Can second that, I'm on PS4 with the Thrustmaster T500. Also it barely turns, have to move the wheel by noticeable more degrees to get the tyres turn.

LukeC
08-10-2017, 22:57
Are you guys having similar problems with new mclaren roadcars? I think one of them is the 720S and I can't remember the other one. Again the ffb is very numb and it's very difficult to keep the cars in a straight line.

senna94f1
09-10-2017, 00:46
Gain 100%
Volume between 15 to 25%. Only adjust by 1% at a time because very very sensitive
Tone 50%
FX. 50 %
Spring menu 55%
Flavours Raw.
As I say volume is very sensitive and adjustments by just 1% at a time makes huge difference in ffb and weight of wheel.

I personally don't like the 3 flavours system as u have very little control over ffb , and this was down to our leader Ian bell CEO , Thinking ps4 users are casual gamers and we don't understand the ffb from Pcars 1 ,
So SMS made decisions not to treat us with the responsibility we deserve.
Very few people like the 3 flavours and 90% want or prefer previous ffb menu and settings, winch included the brilliant jack spade ffb settings which all versions of the previous game could use and download,
We are now stuck with this 3 flavours system and menu hanging is another big problem,
Also into the 3rd week and absolutely no reason from SMS to why we haven't had a patch ,even if I hat patch was to fix menu hanging which is bad,
Still on the bright side Pcars 2 on ps4 is miles better than first game .

Roger Prynne
09-10-2017, 09:10
I personally don't like the 3 flavours system as u have very little control over ffb , and this was down to our leader Ian bell CEO , Thinking ps4 users are casual gamers and we don't understand the ffb from Pcars 1 ,
So SMS made decisions not to treat us with the responsibility we deserve.
Very few people like the 3 flavours and 90% want or prefer previous ffb menu and settings, winch included the brilliant jack spade ffb settings which all versions of the previous game could use and download

One of the reasons is that we had so many complaints about the FFB being overly complicated, so it was made more user friendly (cant please all the people all of the time)
Also I don't know where you got the 90% from? can you expand on this.

Maurice Boeschen
09-10-2017, 09:51
This is known.
It is because of all the late tire changes during development which totally broke the previously adjusted ffb multiplier for a baseline ffb targeted at 100/50/50/50 on a lot of cars.
It was said there will be a patch which will adjust the ffb multiplier.

alegunner68
09-10-2017, 10:21
I'm glad they know what the problem is. I really really hope they can fix it.

bradleyland
10-10-2017, 17:02
Are you guys having similar problems with new mclaren roadcars? I think one of them is the 720S and I can't remember the other one. Again the ffb is very numb and it's very difficult to keep the cars in a straight line.

I've done a lot of experimenting, and I've found that for the moment, you should try to keep your FFB settings toward the center of the spectrum. Turning Tone down makes the Sesto Elemento drivable. It's still not great, but it's drivable. As Maurice points out in post #6, there was a late-change that broke some of the FFB coefficients. As is the case with any coefficient, the impact is greater as you move toward the extremes.

The fix, for now, is to keep your FFB settings more toward the center.