PDA

View Full Version : AI question

bigal1000
08-10-2017, 16:21
Every race at the first turn I get creamed from the rear, thrown off the track, then I get a penalty, I get back on track fast but I can never catch up, the pack is like 30 seconds ahead of me. PC1 had much better AI. I like the game very much other than this problem...........

bporion
08-10-2017, 16:35
try lowering the AI difficulty and the aggression .

bigal1000
08-10-2017, 17:40
Will try that next, thanks.

milliotseb
08-10-2017, 18:39
Are you using wheel or controler? What is AI skill level? Is it with sun/light rain/hard rain weather?

major sunscreen
08-10-2017, 18:59
Yeah it's definately adjustable to taste. I just had the race of my life in formula rookie at donnington on 81% and aggression at 70. Started in P10 (made mistakes in qualifying) and was in the pack for most of the race. As long as you give them space they're very good IMHO, even overtook one on the outside into turn 1 which was risky. The issue of them shunting you from behind might be either difficulty or your choice of line I guess. There's always the undercut which is very satisfying to do, and sometimes I've even found it worthwhile to just let them through and settle for points. When it all comes together it's very very rewarding, and after that race I actually caught myself expelling a deep breath- id been holding it all the way through the final chicane in a balls to the wall blast past the lead car- won by half a car length..
I've seen people on here blasting the ai- yeah definately the pace needs tweaking on a lot of circuits together with tyre and damage fixes, but as regards the driver behaviour in very impressed and know it will only get better with patches etc. I'm not bigging project cars up either as there's lots that's frustrating to me, but regarding this particular issue there's a solution to be found. :)
Have a play with the difficulty and agression settings over a period of time, and consider brake pressure and ABS settings as well.

mister dog
08-10-2017, 22:11
I think they are much better than in PC1, I feel that there are certain corners where they have too much grip and are able to just fly in there whilst we can't, so that's when some of the rear ending might occur as player 1 has less grip. But overall I get punted way less now playing PC2.

You can do side to side battles with them and they won't run you of the track but give you the necessary space which is very nice. I trust them more to notice me being there than I did with the AI in the first game. On the other hand they also go for the gap if you open the door and take your position cleanly whenever you screw up a corner entry, it's just a matter of giving them the space like you would with a human opponent and everything is fine.

AI just needs rebalancing now for all the possible car/track combo's out there (good luck Doug :p), once that is arranged in the next months and you can actually leave the difficulty slider where it is without having to adjust it each time you load up a new session, offline racing will be very enjoyable indeed.

That, the slow starts and pile ups and some corners where they are too fast or too slow too.

bigal1000
09-10-2017, 00:18
I think they are much better than in PC1, I feel that there are certain corners where they have too much grip and are able to just fly in there whilst we can't, so that's when some of the rear ending might occur as player 1 has less grip. But overall I get punted way less now playing PC2.

You can do side to side battles with them and they won't run you of the track but give you the necessary space which is very nice. I trust them more to notice me being there than I did with the AI in the first game. On the other hand they also go for the gap if you open the door and take your position cleanly whenever you screw up a corner entry, it's just a matter of giving them the space like you would with a human opponent and everything is fine.

AI just needs rebalancing now for all the possible car/track combo's out there (good luck Doug :p), once that is arranged in the next months and you can actually leave the difficulty slider where it is without having to adjust it each time you load up a new session, offline racing will be very enjoyable indeed.

That, the slow starts and pile ups and some corners where they are too fast or too slow too.

Thanks very much for the help here.......

mister dog
09-10-2017, 07:08
Thanks very much for the help here.......
You're welcome! :D

PeteUplink
09-10-2017, 10:26
The AI in PCars2 is definitely better than PCars1 if you have the aggression slider set correctly. They no longer drive into the side of you like you're not there and wipe you out like they did in PCars1.

Zenzic
09-10-2017, 10:28
@PeteUplink: What do you have your aggression slider set to?

PeteUplink
09-10-2017, 11:30

40 for open wheelers, 50 for tin-tops.

bigal1000
09-10-2017, 11:47
40 for open wheelers, 50 for tin-tops.

I will try those today, thank you............

bikerjoe83
09-10-2017, 12:07
The AI is miles better than Forza 7 :p

bigal1000
09-10-2017, 12:35

mass control
09-10-2017, 13:19
try lowering the AI difficulty and the aggression .

I have AI at 60 and aggression at 35 and still get ramed to hell even when not even in a corner that corners can get ramed more when theres a car or more or more not that far behind.I have to break sometimes that they dont see.The AI are high on something.

mister dog
09-10-2017, 20:10
I have AI at 60 and aggression at 35 and still get ramed to hell even when not even in a corner that corners can get ramed more when theres a car or more or more not that far behind.I have to break sometimes that they dont see.The AI are high on something.
I have aggression at 60, try putting it higher and see if that's any better? I remember something during the development phase with people recommending it set higher (which you wouldn't expect). Not sure what happened since then but I left it on 60 from the beginning and had a good time.

johnnyone
10-10-2017, 15:32
I thought they could learn from the first Project Cars about the AI.

bporion
10-10-2017, 20:06
Lets just wait for the patch that is coming out soon .